From the Back Cover
Quicker, easier Android programming with Android Studio 2
Android 7 offers the ideal opportunity to get started with Android programming. New features and enhancements have been added to make the developer's life easier, while expanding functionality pushes the boundaries of what a great platform can be. This book offers hands-on instruction backed by real-world examples to provide the quickest route to productivity. Fast-paced but beginner-friendly coverage walks through all phases of Android application development, from getting acquainted with Android Studio to publishing to the Marketplace. Fully aligned with Android 7 and Android Studio 2, this expert guide demonstrates just how easy it can be to build applications for all the latest Android devices.
Beginning Android Programming with Android Studio:
- Explores Android Studio, Android Emulator, and other important Android programming tools
- Demonstrates the use of activities, fragments, and intents - the building blocks of Android applications
- Illustrates using views to display pictures and menus for rich user interfaces
- Explores data access using Android content providers
- Shares expert tips for managing and organizing data
- Provides guidance on SMS and location services tracking
- Delves into packaging and publishing for the Android Marketplace, and much more
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
About the Author
J. F. DiMarzio began developing games in BASIC on the TRS-80 Color Computer II in 1984. Today he is a seasoned Android developer with two professional applications and one game on the Android Marketplace, and an industry track record with major organizations including the U.S. Department of Defense and the Walt Disney Company. An accomplished author, he has written 13 books over the past 14 years.
Visit us at wrox.com where you have access to free code samples, Programmer to Programmer forums, and discussions on the latest happenings in the industry from around the world.