Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on December 16, 2011
If you have not read the first book " Maybe with a chance of certainty " you should before reading this book or any more reviews about it. The book picks up right where the first one leaves off and focus mostly on Brad. For me the story was not quite as complex or as fast moving as the first book. But I still enjoyed it just as much.

The last part of the book was the best. I did fill the last seen with Kyle could have been longer. But some how it still felt right, having a very real over tone, something you could see happening. I could picture so many parts of the book happening in real life to such a point they reminded me of a few things from my own high school days.

Lets face it any story that is basically , not popular guy falls for popular guy, who falls for him right back could go over as already done or cliche. But the Author manages to give every thing a different fill, with depth and personality that it comes off more like hearing two friends tell a real life story.

The only bad for me was once again I'n left wanting more. I hope the author does a 3rd book , and keeps things moving in the same direction. I really wanted to see how the two main characters worked as a out couple at school, Brad on the team with his sports , Kyle's mom , how Kyle will handle all the attention, there is just so much more to finishing there story for my.
on March 19, 2012
First you should be aware that End of the Beginning is the second in a trilogy of books by John Goode. The first, Maybe With a Chance of Certainty introduces us to the main character, Brad, whose voice carries this second novel. And what a voice...naked, painful, selfish, self-condemning, wounded, and most assuredly, in love--Brad's voice is all of these things and more.

Brad is the king of high school fame in the small town of Foster, Texas. He dates the undeniable queen of the "popular girls" and rules the corridors of the local high school with an iron fist gloved in good looks, bravado and more than a little subterfuge. For you see Brad is a liar, a cheat, a fraud and so scared that he does not know where to turn to escape the monster he worries he is becoming. His saving grace...is Kyle, the boy who loves him despite his flaws, despite his past.

Brad has hidden his lust for all things male in carefully constructed lies for years. He was deeply closeted, loathing both it and himself, until he met Kyle. A shadow that lurked the corridors of the very high school that Brad was lord and master of, a "nobody' barely seen, rarely heard and totally ignored--until Brad stepped up and opened up a world that neither boy was prepared to live in. Brad, in what can only be described as a break from reality, declares his love for Kyle, and, that he, himself, is also gay and that up until this moment he has been living a lie. This novel, End of the Beginning, now takes us through the day after that declaration. A day in which not only is Brad's past laid bare for us to see, but a day for us to also shake our heads and fingers at in alternate moments of disgust and compassion. A day for us to, in a moment of blinding clarity, see how very much we are the same as Brad--sometimes lost, sometimes despairing, sometimes so unhappy that we do things we would never wish to see the light of day.

I fell in love with this boy, Brad. I cried for him. I read, aghast, at his cruelty and wept at his pain. And, at the end of this incredible little book, I knew that I had found an author who somehow manages to crawl inside the mind and hearts of the teenager that hides within each of us. An author who looks boldly at the secrets we each keep tucked away from our high school days and says quite simply,"I have been there...I understand.
on January 26, 2012
i have to say that this piece was light years better than "maybe with a chance." the errors were gone, the endless abuse of only a few metaphors were gone, it was generally better written. that said, it still seemed kind of flat. like the first one, it has so much more potential than what's on the (e)pages. there was so much more room for development of either character, for the involvement of tyler the sports store owner. i want to know what happens that monday they go back. in all honesty both these stories felt more like chapters to a much bigger story. i beg of the author to continue, but make it more in depth. please!
on October 4, 2012
I would still love to see this released as a trilogy but in the meantime, I've enjoyed reading them individually and getting a sense for each character and their struggles as they come to terms with their sexuality and relationship. Am hoping to see closure in the next book.
on December 11, 2011
This story leaves right off from "Maybe with a chance of certainty." It was an amazing sequel that shows the reader more of Brad and the struggles he faces with being gay in a small narrow minded town. I would recommend this novella to anyone! And I can not wait for the next book in the series!!
on July 30, 2013
I love both of these books. Every pages keep me interested. Would love to read more from this author or see series continued. Really good, as good as Mark Roeder's books. A+++++
on May 12, 2012
Love the second story in this series. It makes you love the characters even more. Only problem is the same as the first one, very short book. Which is fine, as long as the next one comes out soon. I hate having to wait to heat the next saga in this story.
on September 21, 2012
Good story, great series. Loved every minute of it. Have read all of them. Wish there were more. Try anything by Eldot.
on November 21, 2012
Based on the book descriptions and reviews I purchased all 4 books and was greatly disappointed to find out that they were all the same book just rearranged or segmented. Just purchase "Tales of Foster High" and you get the whole story. You do not need to purchase the other 3 (and probably the new 5th book will mostly be a rehash of the first 4). Kind of a cheesy way to make money. Write one OK book and then call it by 4 or 5 different titles.