Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 304 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 477 reviews
on July 20, 2017
One of my favorite supernatural TV shows ever. Being human is impossible for some people, especially a vampire, 2 werewolves, and a ghost living in the same apartment. Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it is the concept of this show. With the popularity of the occult these days this show featured the ups and downs of being a supernatural being. Together they must fight to keep their true selves a secret as well as fight the horrors that their true nature brings along with it. You might recognize a couple of stars from other shows and movies on this TV show that originally was shown on SyFy Channel. Very good effects and scripts! Action packed with a combo of Vampire Diaries and Supernatural!
on April 25, 2013
So, I'll be honest, I'm a die hard True Blood fan. However, I decided to give this show a chance back when season one came out and I've been a fan since! I enjoy how contemporary and believable the characters are. The show also give me something to watch while my other my other show isn't on. As with most great shows, I always find myself wanting more when I'm left with crazy cliffhangers. I will definitely be continuing to watch this one and perhaps try watching the BBC version at some point too.
on March 13, 2014
I'd known about this show for quite awhile, but had only watched a couple episodes of the British version. Honestly, I just thought it was a silly idea having a show about a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost living together and trying to be more human. Man, was I wrong! Once I started watching this, I couldn't stop. I watched the first three seasons in a little under two weeks. I'll probably end up watching the British version as well, even though everyone tells me it isn't nearly as gritty as the American version. I'm also a fan of "The Vampire Diaries", but believe me, this show makes "The Vampire Diaries" look like "Twilight"! And in case you're not following my meaning, I thought "Twilight" was God-awful!
on February 24, 2015
on August 14, 2017
One of my favorite SyFy shows ever. I usually prefer UK to US versions of shows, but this is an exception. Does anyone know if they ever released Season 4 on BluRay? I finally gave up and bought it on iTunes, but a physical copy would be nice.
on November 28, 2013
I'm a big fan of this show. I watched the BBC version first, and that show derailed quickly around season 3. At best it was quirky fun in the first 2 seasons. I was afraid to watch this version for fear it may be a little too much like some of the Twilight/Vampire Diary type stuff, but it isn't. It definitely borrows characters and themes from the BBC version, but with completely different takes and twists, and has a much more cohesive story line than the BBC version. Overall, the vampire and werewolf characters to me are much more likable in this version. At first, I didn't care for the ghost character on this version, but in this season, she finally started to win me over (the ghost from the BBC version is superb). I would recommend this show to people who like the werewolf/vampire/supernatural stuff, but are not interested in the teenage angst that has come with this genre of late.
on August 1, 2013
I like vampires and such, so gave the show a try. I liked the premise and enjoyed the show, although sometimes the 1st season felt so dramatic I was thinking "supernatural soap opera". The series gets a little less mellow-dramatic and you find yourself caring about the characters and their lives. Both me and my teenage daughter looked forward to each episode. We are not heavy TV watchers so that is a great compliment! Am looking forward to the next season! ***********note: 15 year old watched an episode of the British version- she said it kind of stunk, so the shows (including special effects) are totally different, other than premise.

We also watch Grim, Bones and Criminal Minds, if that gives you an idea of what shows we enjoy. Worth trying out the free Amazon prime 1st season!
on March 20, 2013
So, browsing on Netflix a few weeks ago and came across the British version of Being Human and although I'm normally a fan of Brit TV, I wasn't much impressed with the episode I watched and I moved on. A couple weeks later I'm browsing again and noticed the US made a go at the show and was curious to see if they improved on it.
I was pretty hooked after the first episode and finished both seasons in about a week. Then I found I could catch up on Season 3 on Amazon.
With the season 2 cliffhanger, I was more then happy that I could catch the rest of the show on Amazon! Very good story, great characters. It's exciting and keeps me guessing.
on June 15, 2013
I've been a fan for a long time now and I've enjoyed almost every episode. Season 3 has a heavier plot line but focuses a bit too much on the romance. I feel like the entire season revolved around a relationship and monster stuff just happened in the background. (slight spoiler) Also, this season changes the roles of the main characters and you're left complaining and wishing they would turn back into their original selves. Sally is a zombie, Aiden is dying, and Josh isn't a werewolf. Almost the entire season I wanted them to go back to their original states and start kicking some monster butt. Instead they focus on their love lives and then kick butt. Overall its a good season and I cant wait until the next season.
on February 6, 2013
It looks like they have changed a lot about this show, the writing is sharper and the production keener. The signature quarky editing that they have used in the past is pushed to the limit this season, more interesting choices of camera angle and the sound even seems cleaner that it was before.

Without spoilers, the story keeps upping the anti without jumping the shark, making the disaster of these monsters lives seem even more disastrous. It seems that the rule in the writers room has been, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". Bravo to the production team and a big thanks to SYFY for keeping the show on.