- File Size: 3558 KB
- Print Length: 408 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: inklingwell Press (May 31, 2017)
- Publication Date: May 31, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B071ZPGBBT
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Being Human: A Novel (Fountain of Life Book 3) Kindle Edition
|Length: 408 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to Being Human: A Novel (Fountain of Life Book 3)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
With a star cast of Ellison Blackburn’s incredibly well-written, deep characters, After Effect is the third in the Regeneration Chronicles, tracing the history immediately after the start of the Progeny Project. While the underlying fascination of the plot is time, mortality, paradox, and sexual fidelity, the story frames it in a rich tapestry of events and realistic characters, sliding the serious concepts in via sleight of hand amid the emotional drama between the characters. After Effect can be read simply as a romance story, or the reader has the option to enjoy the concepts that the author has woven into the storyline for us to think about – this is a book that can be enjoyed and thought about on many levels.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Ms. Blackburn creates a world where nothing is as it seems. There are gaps in the decision-making processes causing things to go awry in some very serious ways and the consequences cannot be out-run.
This is the final book in a series that is a literary masterpiece of thought-provoking and soul-scaring discoveries. Can they right their wrongs? Should they even try?
Read the books and make your decisions. Remember the After Effect – all decisions have one.
I was given a free copy for an honest appraisal. The opinions contained in this review are my own.
Our tale begins with Emery on the eve of her marriage to Aiden. Emery’s pending nuptial bliss is put on hold when a blast from Aiden's past, Sera, literally transports in with an urgent mission: they must break the laws of their time and go back in history to stop the discovery of modular cell regeneration from happening. As Emery and her friends push forward to help their world adjust to life without regeneration, Emery must also deal with the buxom, blonde Sera who tries to seduce Aiden in ways that would even give Mae West pause.
As an avid reader of literary works, I immediately fell in love with this book by the end of the first paragraph. There is no disputing it; Ellison Blackburn is a master of prose and I will gladly follow her writing anywhere she wants to take me. In addition to wooing me with her words, Blackburn manages to expertly peel back the layers of Emery’s psychology.
I loved this book. I loved it so much that I immediately went back and bought the first two books in the series, Regeneration X and Progeny. I cannot wait to read them!
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering