Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 272 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 583 reviews
on April 2, 2012
Except I don't feel guilty at all...I absolutely loved season one of Being Human! Here is a quick list that sums up how I feel about the series.

Pro's:
-The production value is superb for a show that is on Syfy, and the effects and makeup look fantastic for television.
-The three main characters (Aiden, Sally and Josh) are each fascinating in their own way. I ended up liking each one for different reasons.
-The chemistry between the main characters really pulled me in.
-The casting was perfect for all the main characters and supporting cast.
-The show stays true to the lore of the "creatures" while making changes that worked. Vampires can walk in sunlight, but I promise you that they won't sparkle.
-Having three protagonists to follow makes it very unique when compared to most series. (yes I am aware a just called a remake of a BBC series "unique")

(I could rave about other aspects of this show, but I only have one con and if I stack the pros too high I will simply look like a fanboy)

Con:
-I feel certain "lore" for the creatures wasn't explained well for people who have no prior knowledge of them in fiction. I'll point out my case by bringing up a couple scenes.

1) There is a scene where Sally (the main ghost character) appears and complains that some vampires tried to dissipate her with a fire iron. Now I personally know that iron is weaknesses to ghosts in fiction, but how the hell would the average viewer know what she is talking about?

2) The show clues the audience in very early that vampires must be invited in to a persons house or else they cannot set foot in the door. The only problem is that a reason isn't given. It isn't until the last episode that a vampire does this and he ends up getting burned pretty bad before running out of the house. Why would a vampire get hurt running into a house, but not when he walks into a hospital? How can this supernatural rule tell the difference between buildings?

(This isn't a common problem obviously since these are the only two scenes that come to mind)

I'll just finish by saying I really dug the hell out of this show and can't wait to pick up season two when it's out.
VINE VOICEon December 23, 2014
I would give the first season of this show a five star rating. The characters, despite their 'monster like tendencies' are very believable and stick to their character during the season. They all have some point that makes them likable.

However, as this season goes forward from one into two and into the third season it gets progressively darker. The main characters do things that go against their better nature in an effort to cure themselves, get back home, become free of their curse. In working so hard to improve their lot they end up hurting those around them and being tied to the worst part of themselves in many ways.

If you liked some of the other shows that have turned darker and darker as the seasons have moved forward, you might find you enjoy this one as well. If however, you are like me, and prefer your escapism not so dark you might give this a skip.
on March 23, 2015
A very refreshing way to portray the popular vampire and werewolf story. So many monster stories illustrate how human's are desperate to be monsters and "Being Human" is doing the opposite. These are monsters that just want to be normal and human. To me, it talks to the idea of how maybe we all have a monsters inside of us capable of harming others. The most monster like character in the first season was not the vampire, werewolf, or ghost, but a human character that was just a raging, controlling, killer. What do real monster look like and how do they act?
on January 2, 2017
I bought this as a present. This is not a review of the TV show - This is a review of the order, the physical product, etc. The show is well enough made, but any review of it is speculative, based on point of view. I ordered this shortly before Christmas 2015 and it arrived in a timely manner, before the holiday. There was no damage, in the mailer or on the DVD. The DVD is well made, from the case to the menu. I give this order 5 stars I was very happy with this purchase.
on December 15, 2014
How can a show with a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost as leads not be campy? The answer is the excellent writing and good to superb acting in Being Human. I knew nothing about the show and chose it on a whim and was completely hooked after the 3rd episode. The pace is nice and brisk and there are plenty of "I saw that coming" plot twists which are twisted and bent in ways that you will not expect. This is consistently fun and occasionally thought provoking. While there are a few excellent action scenes this show is about plot and character development punctuated with bits of violence. So, if you like your vampires and werewolfs cerebral give this a watch. If you mostly want mixed martial arts, lots of ultraviolence, and mayhem skip this.
on March 12, 2014
Unfortunately, I'm late to the party with this series. I only recently started binge-watching it on Amazon Prime Instant Video and Vudu. I like it so much that I just ordered the first three seasons on Blu-ray. There are lots of good reviews here, so I'll be brief. This show has really good writing and an extremely gifted young cast. This first season sets up the premise and showcases the wonderful chemistry of the actors. It only gets better in subsequent seasons. I'm watching the final season on Vudu, and a recent episode (Rewind, Rewind) is one of the best hours of television I've seen in a very long time. If there were any real justice for science fiction in the television industry, this episode would receive Emmy consideration and Meaghan Rath would take home a well-deserved statuette. She is one of the most charismatic actresses working today - and scary good at what she does.
on May 29, 2017
I've bought all three seasons and this series is GREAT!!!! So what if vampires and werewolves are supposed to be enemies.....enjoy it for the imagination of the storylines.....In my opinion it should have lasted longer!!
Great, but costly to continue watching as many series are.
on July 10, 2014
I'd heard good things about the UK version of this series, and decided to check it out. Accidentally started the US version and decided to keep going. So glad I did! The premise of the series is a bit cheesy, but taken with a healthy dose of suspended reality, it works. The characters grow on you. The plot twists satisfyingly. The actors are all easy on the eyes. There are a lot of good things about this series. I found the darkness in the story arc intriguing, mixed with humor that blended well all the personalities of our main group. Might be geared for a younger demographic but not teeny like Vampire Diaries. Just young adult target audience.
on October 20, 2013
I had heard about this series before, but watched for the first time last week. Now it is my new addiction! After watching the first six episodes I went back and started watching again with a friend. The supernatural premise adds spice to the shows but basically the stories are about the kind of problems we all face. Will someone except me with all my flaws? How do I get back up after falling short of my goals? Who can I trust? Who is it I want to become? I watched the US version first because I found it first. Thought about comparing to the UK version, but I love Sam Witwer as Aiden so much just don't think I'd enjoy the other version. I might give it a try after I've finished all three seasons a couple of times.