Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 70 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 124 reviews
on August 31, 2016
The last couple seasons weren't near as good as the first few. With the changing characters I wasn't sure if it would even keep my interest. I have to say its not the new actors that disappoint but the lackinv plot and twists. It kinda felt like they were throwing it together just to have a final season. Just my two cents. That being said I would recommend it if you have been faithful to the series through the first four seasons. You have to see it through.
on February 28, 2014
I enjoyed series 1-3. I thought series 4 would probably decline in quality due to the loss of almost the entire original cast. As it turned out, the show actually got better, and I was much looking forward to Series 5. Unfortunately, it was unavailable on Netflix and I got tired of waiting for it, so I bought the DVD, which I generally consider a waste of money. I've only ever bought one television series before and I did not think to keep this one after I'd watched it.

I more than got my money's worth. I think the main story arc is rather weak and silly, to be frank, but the character-driven nature of this series compensates for this and then some. All three main characters are engaging in their roles, but Damien Molony really stands out as he paints a magnificently sympathetic portrait of a very frightened, but very brave man struggling to resist the evil within him, with the help of his friends. His performance as Hal is so strong, the 5th series really ends up being more about his struggle than anything else.

The three principals, Molony, Michael Socha, and Kate Bracken have rather brief CV's, which might suggest a lack of experience. You certainly would never think so however, based on their performances. I cannot recommend this series highly enough and I certainly will not be getting rid of mine. As a matter of fact, I've already ordered series 4 (the first half of Hal's story) and probably will get the whole series. It's "brilliant craic." Buy this DVD. Buy it now.
on January 25, 2017
NOT THE US SERIES..... I Ordered this while watching season 3 of the US Series. I did not realize there are a few series all with the same name and theme. What I watched seemed OK, but I fell in love with the characters in the US series, and really did not relate as well to the UK version (which was actually the original) I later found out that the US version has only 4 seasons, but has a FANTASTIC ending, the made that series complete.
on August 23, 2013
I have deeply enjoyed this series since its beginning. I'm not sure what, exactly, there is about the characters that gets under your skin, and it seems odd to bond emotionally with such - shall we say "unconventional"? - personas, but I feel as though I was a member of the stake-wielding, wall-cleaving, neck-biting Being Human cast all along. It's a combination of things: fine acting, snappy and believable dialogue, good scripting, an attractive and durable story line, superlative casting. I can't find anything that's not first-rate about this series and I will miss it terribly!
on March 14, 2017
Sure I liked it; it's my kind of think. But far from my favorite season.
on March 1, 2015
This is by far, the best show I have watched in such a long time. It's clean and 100% better than the American version. (I only watched 5 minutes of the first episode of the USA version). My niece came over, started watching, stated that it was so much better than the one she was watching. I love British TV, and movies...for a reason.
on February 19, 2017
Great price for the 5th and final season. The season, in my opinion, does not live up to the first four seasons but it is a nice way to end the series. Without any of the original stars/characters, this season fell completely short but a final chapter was needed.
on May 30, 2014
This has been such an interesting show from the start. Even with the cast changes and re appearance of past charterers (who doesn't like a cheeky teen vampire who thinks he's a heartthrob?) it still is a surprising show. Far better than the America version, but generally the originals usually are. It has that hint of Alfred Hitchcock, more suspense and timing than over the top gore. It would be great if the web spin off was available on DVD as well as I can only hope it will be. But Being Human delivers as a must see show.
on March 31, 2017
finished my set
on March 24, 2014
This is the final season of a great BBC series that has now been made in to an American series. The BBC (this one) is better however. It is a story of a ghost, werewolf and vampire who live in the same place and how they have made their own family together and how they support, help and sometimes forgive each other. Well worth the watch and each season was better than the next even though they changed cast members so that one of them could go off and film the Hobbit Trilogy. Highly recommend for the lover of supernatural stories.