Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 6, 2014
I bought it pre-owned (5 April 2014 at Gamestop) like most of my games. It was in perfect condition and fun. Next time I'll buy Bejeweled 3 for my Nintendo DS, of which I have a copy for my Dell PC and installed. It was fun, it took me a few minutes to figure out which buttons to use to maneuver the things, to twist and match the jewels, because I usually play it on my computer. I recommend it for kids and adults.
on May 1, 2011
This DS game is lots of fun. Just the kind of puzzle game I like to overcome.
I am 60 going on 61. Are you surprised I play DS games? I have visions of playing video games in my 90s. Forever young appeals to me. I am not senile. No where near it.
If you like the bubble busting games, maybe this is up your alley.
on April 23, 2010
Platform: Nintendo DS|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is one of those games that you can pick up when you have a few minutes to spare. You don't need to spend hours at a time playing. But it's possible to get absorbed into playing that long. There are modes that will appeal to those who like fast-paced games, those that like to just dink around with pressure, and those who enjoy strategy puzzles.

If you are familiar with other "match 3" games (such as Bejeweled, Jewel Quest, or even Goober's Lab in Webkinz), you'll recognize the game play right away. The "twist" is that rather than swapping two gems to make a match, you must rotate a cluster of 4 gems. You can only rotate clockwise. It was much harder for me to see the potential matches at first, but as I had more practice it became easier. The other big change is that you can make a move that doesn't result in a match. This seemed dumb to me at first -- you can always a move jewel to wherever you want it, so where is the challenge? But later I realized that this turns into much more of a strategy game, rather than a game of just seeing patterns and luck.

There are several modes to this game:

Classic -- Has the time pressure of needing to clear certain 'bomb' gems before they go off.

Zen -- (unlocked after playing a while) -- No time pressure, no bombs.

Challenge -- (unlocked after playing even more) This is where the game turns into a strategy/puzzle game. There are various challenges, such as making a certain number of matches of the same color in a row. You have to think ahead many moves, and then rotate the jewels into the position that will satisy the challenge. It's very challenging, and very satisfying when you solve a puzzle. This mode truly makes the game, for me.

Mode 4 -- I haven't gottten there yet.
on February 18, 2010
Platform: Nintendo DS|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Bejeweled is probably the most played game online. You can find variations pretty much everywhere, from Facebook to websites using the Bejeweled format to create games with Halloween or Christmas themes. The concept is simple: move pieces around on the screen to get three of the same kind in a line. In most Bejeweled games, you move just one piece at a time. With Bejeweled Twist, you twist groups of four pieces clockwise. Get three or more in a line, they disappear, and you get points. It couldn't be simpler, and it's this simplicity that's a big part of the game's appeal.

The Nintendo DS format means you select pieces by tapping between them, and you twist them by tapping again. I like that the controls are, to the most part, easier and more accurate with the DS. There are four modes of play here. Classic is great, but games can take a long time; and when they end because of the Doom Gems that appear on the higher levels, it can feel somewhat frustrating. The Zen mode is nice and relaxing, and I prefer it to Classic. Blitz is fun if you want a quick game. Challenge mode is great, as it gives you little goals to reach. You need to play in Classic mode before you can play in Challenge mode (which is good, because otherwise you might not understand the challenges), but I think doing the challenges helps you better understand how game play works in Classic mode. And finally the mode that really takes advantage of the Nintendo DS format, Battle mode lets you play against a friend who has a DS or DSi with a DS or DSiWare copy of the game. I haven't played this mode yet, but I look forward to it.

Bejeweled Twist for Nintendo DS is a highly addictive game for all ages that can be enjoyed for hours with enough variations to keep it interesting.
on March 8, 2010
Bejeweled Twist was my most awaited game release since I was gifted with a Nintendo Lite this past Christmas. I have Bejeweled Deluxe that has been well played and worth the game's price. When the Bejeweled Twist DS arrived, I dove into playing it. The game definitely has a learning curve with the "Twist" feature, the time bombs and the locked gems. But picking up on how to place this game was not so hard or time consuming that causes frustration or saying "Oh, no! Why did I buy this game?" Once you catch on, time passes by so fast that if you are just passing time you need to keep one eye on the game and one eye on time occasionally.

It's a very relaxing game. If I have some chill time or if I turn in for the night early, I find myself often playing this game for an hour or so. The only time I personally probably would not play the game is places where one waits a short period of time, like for a doctor's or dental appointment. During those times I would revert to one of my other games, simply because I think the game does need attention and isn't just mindlessly killing a short period of time.

I think it's the best of both worlds for me, as a Bejewled fan, I can play the Deluxe game on my computer or the Twist game on my Nintendo! This game of Bejeweled has certainly evolved from its first conception...very much for the better with each new version. I can't say enough about this game.
on February 17, 2010
Platform: Nintendo DS|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was very happy to be offered the chance to try out a review copy of this game because I've long enjoyed the Bejeweled games as a great option when I want something that interesting and somewhat challenging without being overly complicated or frustrating.

This version of the game maintains the color matching theme, but instead of switching two jewels you instead rotate a set of four. It's a little disorienting at the very beginning as habit kept making me look for the ways to switch two, but it didn't take very long to adjust. While I play around sometimes in the basic mode just lining up the jewels, I really like the challenge mode best though, which turns the Bejeweled into a more seriously thoughtful puzzle game by requiring you to figure out how to arrange a particular chain of events.

I've also allowed both my mother (in her 50s and not normally much of a gamer, though she does like the regular Bejeweled and Bejeweled Blitz) and my nephew who's currently 6 and has played Bejeweled Blitz to try it it out. They both happily spent time playing it and gave it rave reviews. My nephew was actually begging his mother to let him stay another day when he was visiting me because he wanted to keep playing, and the next time I saw him he was immediately begging to borrow it again.

It's a good sign for any game when it manages to keep three generations of players happy!
on July 28, 2010
If you're looking for strategy or unique puzzles with a creative fantasy idea, this is the game for you. If you love the original Bejeweled games, then you will like this version as well.
Some of the elements are new that aren't seen in other Bejeweled versions. They might take a little bit of practice, but that's part of the fun. Part of this involves a good amount of thinking. It has a perfect amount of action so you can focus on winning the levels.
This type of Bejeweled tends to be less stringent and cuts you some slack, so it's not overly stressful if you can't pass a certain level you have trouble on, or you can't figure out how to do something.
However, this game is not completely different. The gems are the same, and you will recognize things from the previous Bejeweled games that will satisfy you a lot.
It still has its Sci-Fi atmosphere to it, so if you like the abstract backgrounds and settings, then this will be good for you. It's also nice that you can compete with other people in multiplayer mode, so your friends can join in the fun!
Overall, rotating the gems in Bejeweled Twist is just as much fun as switching the gems in other games. Pop Cap made another great Bejeweled video game! It is very addicting and I highly recommend this if you are thinking about owning it.
on March 26, 2010
I've played the PC version of Bejeweled games for a few years and they were always fun and addicting. This one is no different in that respect. The game play was different than I was used to in the Classic mode. The rotating gems were something to get used to, but after a few games it seems natural. The Locked Gems -ones that can't be rotated, the Bomb Gems - yep, they explode if you don't match them before the clock finishes counting down, and the Doom Gems -count down a notch every time you don't make a match, you can destroy them by blowing them up - all are new to me. They actually made the game very stressful. Fortunately there is a Zen mode. No Locked, Bomb, or Doom Gems can be found in this mode. So I can just chill out and relax. There are two other modes of play, Blitz and Challenge, but I have yet to try them.
Every once in a while I have stylus issues where I click and nothing happens. A little frustrating being that speed is necessary.
Overall I love this game and recommend it.
on January 15, 2013
Everyone loves it !! its all about who gets the highest score ..Always who can beet who not just the kids but adults as well.. I feel i have more kids than my own when it comes down to this one and 3 it is to funny..
on August 17, 2014
It's good to have this seemingly under-appreicated Bejeweled game. To me, it's the best one I ever played.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.