Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Platform: Nintendo DS|Change

Showing 1-10 of 103 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 158 reviews
on March 13, 2017
This game is very fun and highly addictive. I absolutely love challenge mode. I use to have it in my old phone years ago(about 9 years ago) and then it broke and forgot about it. I recently bought a ds just to play this game again because I couldn't find the game to have in my phone. It was well worth getting the ds.
VINE VOICEon January 19, 2010
I am the rare player who has never played Bejeweled - until this arrived. I have played three-in-a-row games and have gotten attuned to them and having fun.

I did not realize the shift in thinking, planning and playing that Bejeweled Twist would require. Though it too is a three-in-a-row game, the process of getting there is more like going from two dimensions to three. (I know the analogy isn't exact, but a better one doesn't come to mind.)

The big change was obviously rotating four, rather than two, gems around an axis. The second change that I had to remind myself of often was that each "move" did not have to result in a "three-in-a-row" match being made. I could plan several moves ahead to get gems lined up for (hopefully) four or more matched.

The biggest change was getting used to the bomb gems ticking down - and rather quickly I thought! I found myself having tunnel vision and not checking the entire board often enough to notice the bombs soon enough.

The graphics were well done and the controls and play went smoothly with the stylus. The tutorial left a lot to be desired. It assumed the "new" player already had a considerable knowledge of this type of game. The manual was similarly lacking.

There seems to be enough levels to keep a player busy for quite a while and the replay value should also be large. That's a lot of fun for the price.

For older players, this game requires quick thinking and quick fingers for the normal mode of play. BUT, and this is a huge "but" (one "t"), there is a "Zen" option that allows play without the bombs and pressure.

Play for the fun of playing - a concept that game designers should allow in all games. Put in the requirements for unlocking stuff for those who want them; but allow others to unlock everything and just play the game. Everyone's happy. Designers, think - more sales.

Five stars of fun plus one star for the "Zen" option, but minus one star for the lack of decent explanations.
33 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2015
I thought this was going to be like bejeweled three, which I enjoy very much that this when I didn't enjoy and I've already sold at game stop and got a different game to play. I tried playing it for over a week and it just wasn't interesting and I got more and more frustrated. The more I tried to play this game
on March 8, 2010
Bejeweled Twist was my most awaited game release since I was gifted with a Nintendo Lite this past Christmas. I have Bejeweled Deluxe that has been well played and worth the game's price. When the Bejeweled Twist DS arrived, I dove into playing it. The game definitely has a learning curve with the "Twist" feature, the time bombs and the locked gems. But picking up on how to place this game was not so hard or time consuming that causes frustration or saying "Oh, no! Why did I buy this game?" Once you catch on, time passes by so fast that if you are just passing time you need to keep one eye on the game and one eye on time occasionally.

It's a very relaxing game. If I have some chill time or if I turn in for the night early, I find myself often playing this game for an hour or so. The only time I personally probably would not play the game is places where one waits a short period of time, like for a doctor's or dental appointment. During those times I would revert to one of my other games, simply because I think the game does need attention and isn't just mindlessly killing a short period of time.

I think it's the best of both worlds for me, as a Bejewled fan, I can play the Deluxe game on my computer or the Twist game on my Nintendo! This game of Bejeweled has certainly evolved from its first conception...very much for the better with each new version. I can't say enough about this game.
on April 27, 2017
love it
on February 9, 2010
I play Bejeweled on the internet and my IPhone all the time. I wasn't really expecting this game to be any different than the one's I've played before. It is...instead of only being able to move a jewel one at a time and left, right, up or down you move jewels four at a time and clockwise. It is a little frustrating at first but once you get the hang of it it is just as addicting and time passing as the other version.
VINE VOICEon March 11, 2014
For any bejeweled fans this is harder than the first one and that's why I like it. Great choice on Amazon.
on February 14, 2012
Bejeweled Twist for the PC is a great game and loads of fun. It translates exceptionally well to the DS and continues to be a very fun game. The twist in this game allows the player to move 4 gems at a time instead of only 2 like in other versions of the bejeweled line. It takes a bit of getting used to the new strategy of moving 4 gems, but the game play is parcticularly cool as you create big block matches. Graphics are stunning and very cool music to boot. Multiple game modes allows for lots of replay and a new experience every time you play. You can also play a zen mode when you don't want the time stress of the game and just want to kick back and relax. A very solid-5 star recommendation for twisted fun.
on March 26, 2010
I've played the PC version of Bejeweled games for a few years and they were always fun and addicting. This one is no different in that respect. The game play was different than I was used to in the Classic mode. The rotating gems were something to get used to, but after a few games it seems natural. The Locked Gems -ones that can't be rotated, the Bomb Gems - yep, they explode if you don't match them before the clock finishes counting down, and the Doom Gems -count down a notch every time you don't make a match, you can destroy them by blowing them up - all are new to me. They actually made the game very stressful. Fortunately there is a Zen mode. No Locked, Bomb, or Doom Gems can be found in this mode. So I can just chill out and relax. There are two other modes of play, Blitz and Challenge, but I have yet to try them.
Every once in a while I have stylus issues where I click and nothing happens. A little frustrating being that speed is necessary.
Overall I love this game and recommend it.
on February 1, 2015
I have a nephew who got a ds last Christmas and he loves puzzle games and now a days those types of games seem hard to find. After my last experiences on amazon with being able to find something that I couldn't find in 10 stores I came here to look for this. The price and shipping was a good price, the item showed up when excepted. When he opened he ripped it open and started playing it, after 1 hour of playing he didn't run into any problems with the game.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.