Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

VINE VOICEon January 19, 2010
I am the rare player who has never played Bejeweled - until this arrived. I have played three-in-a-row games and have gotten attuned to them and having fun.

I did not realize the shift in thinking, planning and playing that Bejeweled Twist would require. Though it too is a three-in-a-row game, the process of getting there is more like going from two dimensions to three. (I know the analogy isn't exact, but a better one doesn't come to mind.)

The big change was obviously rotating four, rather than two, gems around an axis. The second change that I had to remind myself of often was that each "move" did not have to result in a "three-in-a-row" match being made. I could plan several moves ahead to get gems lined up for (hopefully) four or more matched.

The biggest change was getting used to the bomb gems ticking down - and rather quickly I thought! I found myself having tunnel vision and not checking the entire board often enough to notice the bombs soon enough.

The graphics were well done and the controls and play went smoothly with the stylus. The tutorial left a lot to be desired. It assumed the "new" player already had a considerable knowledge of this type of game. The manual was similarly lacking.

There seems to be enough levels to keep a player busy for quite a while and the replay value should also be large. That's a lot of fun for the price.

For older players, this game requires quick thinking and quick fingers for the normal mode of play. BUT, and this is a huge "but" (one "t"), there is a "Zen" option that allows play without the bombs and pressure.

Play for the fun of playing - a concept that game designers should allow in all games. Put in the requirements for unlocking stuff for those who want them; but allow others to unlock everything and just play the game. Everyone's happy. Designers, think - more sales.

Five stars of fun plus one star for the "Zen" option, but minus one star for the lack of decent explanations.
33 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 14, 2012
Bejeweled Twist for the PC is a great game and loads of fun. It translates exceptionally well to the DS and continues to be a very fun game. The twist in this game allows the player to move 4 gems at a time instead of only 2 like in other versions of the bejeweled line. It takes a bit of getting used to the new strategy of moving 4 gems, but the game play is parcticularly cool as you create big block matches. Graphics are stunning and very cool music to boot. Multiple game modes allows for lots of replay and a new experience every time you play. You can also play a zen mode when you don't want the time stress of the game and just want to kick back and relax. A very solid-5 star recommendation for twisted fun.
on April 3, 2012
This game is addicting. I was a little hesitant to purchase it due to a couple bad reviews on the game, but my guess is that the people who didn't give it good ratings didn't take enough time to get used to the "twist". I've played multiple days for hours straight. There's not much to it - you twist the gems clockwise in groups of four to make matches. You get a game over when you let too many gem-bombs explode by not using them quickly enough. There are a couple different modes that you can play in with different goals to beat. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase. It was exactly what I was hoping for - easy to pick up and play when you have some extra time.
on March 4, 2013
Instead of lining things up like the original Bejeweled (which is not really an original game), you are now turning things to make lines. If you spent most of your work time playing the original Bejeweled, you'll need to learn new patterns for mastering this game, kind of like trying to learn stick shift.

Pros: only five people play this game. You'll definitely be on some type of leaderboard for a high score, no matter how bad you suck.
Cons: If only these jewels were real, you'd be out of student loan debt by now.
on February 1, 2015
I have a nephew who got a ds last Christmas and he loves puzzle games and now a days those types of games seem hard to find. After my last experiences on amazon with being able to find something that I couldn't find in 10 stores I came here to look for this. The price and shipping was a good price, the item showed up when excepted. When he opened he ripped it open and started playing it, after 1 hour of playing he didn't run into any problems with the game.
on March 13, 2017
This game is very fun and highly addictive. I absolutely love challenge mode. I use to have it in my old phone years ago(about 9 years ago) and then it broke and forgot about it. I recently bought a ds just to play this game again because I couldn't find the game to have in my phone. It was well worth getting the ds.
on February 11, 2015
I thought this was going to be like bejeweled three, which I enjoy very much that this when I didn't enjoy and I've already sold at game stop and got a different game to play. I tried playing it for over a week and it just wasn't interesting and I got more and more frustrated. The more I tried to play this game
on March 7, 2014
This game came to us in a timely manner. It was just as the seller stated it would be. My husband has been having lots of fun with it while I have fun shopping! When we are home on these cold winter days and nights we are both busy. My husband with the games and myself reading or vs/versa! Would buy from this seller again, hands down!
on March 8, 2010
Bejeweled Twist was my most awaited game release since I was gifted with a Nintendo Lite this past Christmas. I have Bejeweled Deluxe that has been well played and worth the game's price. When the Bejeweled Twist DS arrived, I dove into playing it. The game definitely has a learning curve with the "Twist" feature, the time bombs and the locked gems. But picking up on how to place this game was not so hard or time consuming that causes frustration or saying "Oh, no! Why did I buy this game?" Once you catch on, time passes by so fast that if you are just passing time you need to keep one eye on the game and one eye on time occasionally.

It's a very relaxing game. If I have some chill time or if I turn in for the night early, I find myself often playing this game for an hour or so. The only time I personally probably would not play the game is places where one waits a short period of time, like for a doctor's or dental appointment. During those times I would revert to one of my other games, simply because I think the game does need attention and isn't just mindlessly killing a short period of time.

I think it's the best of both worlds for me, as a Bejewled fan, I can play the Deluxe game on my computer or the Twist game on my Nintendo! This game of Bejeweled has certainly evolved from its first conception...very much for the better with each new version. I can't say enough about this game.
on August 21, 2011
I play this game on line and really LOVE IT, so I bought this version thinking it was the same, its different the way you have to move the gems around so the play isn't as fast paced as I like it. hence the 4 stars. However if your looking for something to just chill your brain to this is it...easy to just think of nothing when you play. over all a good distraction. a great game for grown ups. I am a female in her 40's.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.