Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Platform: Nintendo DS|Change

Showing 1-10 of 101 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 156 reviews
VINE VOICEon January 19, 2010
I am the rare player who has never played Bejeweled - until this arrived. I have played three-in-a-row games and have gotten attuned to them and having fun.

I did not realize the shift in thinking, planning and playing that Bejeweled Twist would require. Though it too is a three-in-a-row game, the process of getting there is more like going from two dimensions to three. (I know the analogy isn't exact, but a better one doesn't come to mind.)

The big change was obviously rotating four, rather than two, gems around an axis. The second change that I had to remind myself of often was that each "move" did not have to result in a "three-in-a-row" match being made. I could plan several moves ahead to get gems lined up for (hopefully) four or more matched.

The biggest change was getting used to the bomb gems ticking down - and rather quickly I thought! I found myself having tunnel vision and not checking the entire board often enough to notice the bombs soon enough.

The graphics were well done and the controls and play went smoothly with the stylus. The tutorial left a lot to be desired. It assumed the "new" player already had a considerable knowledge of this type of game. The manual was similarly lacking.

There seems to be enough levels to keep a player busy for quite a while and the replay value should also be large. That's a lot of fun for the price.

For older players, this game requires quick thinking and quick fingers for the normal mode of play. BUT, and this is a huge "but" (one "t"), there is a "Zen" option that allows play without the bombs and pressure.

Play for the fun of playing - a concept that game designers should allow in all games. Put in the requirements for unlocking stuff for those who want them; but allow others to unlock everything and just play the game. Everyone's happy. Designers, think - more sales.

Five stars of fun plus one star for the "Zen" option, but minus one star for the lack of decent explanations.
33 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2017
This game is very fun and highly addictive. I absolutely love challenge mode. I use to have it in my old phone years ago(about 9 years ago) and then it broke and forgot about it. I recently bought a ds just to play this game again because I couldn't find the game to have in my phone. It was well worth getting the ds.
on February 11, 2015
I thought this was going to be like bejeweled three, which I enjoy very much that this when I didn't enjoy and I've already sold at game stop and got a different game to play. I tried playing it for over a week and it just wasn't interesting and I got more and more frustrated. The more I tried to play this game
on February 9, 2010
I play Bejeweled on the internet and my IPhone all the time. I wasn't really expecting this game to be any different than the one's I've played before. It is...instead of only being able to move a jewel one at a time and left, right, up or down you move jewels four at a time and clockwise. It is a little frustrating at first but once you get the hang of it it is just as addicting and time passing as the other version.
VINE VOICEon March 11, 2014
For any bejeweled fans this is harder than the first one and that's why I like it. Great choice on Amazon.
on January 22, 2010
Addictive & a Game You Have In Your Game Library Forever.

I have been waiting for this game for quite some time now. The DS has had many Bejeweled knockoffs like: Seven Wonders, Quest Trio, Jewel Master, etc. The list goes on and on for the Nintendo DS. Of course, i wanted the original. I never had Bejeweled on the PC, but i downloaded a free Demo on the PS3 and was disappointed with it because you can only rotate and move the jewels left, right, up, or down. Sometimes you won't have three of the same jewels in a sequence and of course the aim of the game is to line them up. Unfortunately, i would constantly get a pop up error message saying that i am not allowed to move the jewel here or there unless there all the same & in groups of three. Needless to say, i gave up.

I picked up Bejeweled Twist for the DS & i LOVE it. I am in pure game heaven. You get three different modes: Original, Zen, and Challenge mood. This is different from the one i played on the PS3 because you are allowed to rotate the jewels in groups of four which in my opinion makes things so much easier. This game reminds me a lot of Tetris and it's an addictive puzzle game that will keep you entertained for hours. Whether it is on a train ride to work or a long plane ride to your next destination - this will be the game that you want to have with you on your journeys, so you don't get bored. A true must have portable game for your Nintendo DS. Thanks Nintendo. Loves ya much!
on January 20, 2010
My sister and I enjoy playing the fast and furious gem-matching fun game Bejeweled Twist. It's simple to play, yet insidiously addictive puzzle game. Challenge 'Normal' mode and you continue until you have no more legal moves. 'Time Trial' mode is even more exciting as you match gems to earn more time and clear the levels. Incredibly simple to learn yet tough to master, you owe it to yourself to have this dazzling classic in your games library. This game is fantastic fun for the entire family.
on May 22, 2012
I enjoy playing this game. It is a good diversion and is entertaining. Over the long haul, it can get a bit tedious because it is basically the same game over and over. That being said, it is still very fun. I play it for awhile and then move on to something else. I eventually get back to it because it is a fun game.
on March 7, 2014
This game came to us in a timely manner. It was just as the seller stated it would be. My husband has been having lots of fun with it while I have fun shopping! When we are home on these cold winter days and nights we are both busy. My husband with the games and myself reading or vs/versa! Would buy from this seller again, hands down!
on March 4, 2013
Instead of lining things up like the original Bejeweled (which is not really an original game), you are now turning things to make lines. If you spent most of your work time playing the original Bejeweled, you'll need to learn new patterns for mastering this game, kind of like trying to learn stick shift.

Pros: only five people play this game. You'll definitely be on some type of leaderboard for a high score, no matter how bad you suck.
Cons: If only these jewels were real, you'd be out of student loan debt by now.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question