Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 48 reviews
on February 2, 2010
For years Eddie Izzard has entertained my family and I both in his comedic performances and his film performances but never before have we seen this side of Eddie.

I saw Believe for free through Eddie, he posted temporary link via his twitter page and I have seen it several times. Believe is a wonderful and heartfelt look at the life of Eddie Izzard and I thought it was truly amazing. I really came to understand how Eddie comes up with all the great material and how a comedian works on a tour. *SPOILER* Believe touches on themes that are familiar to everyone and tugs at your heart strings, near the end when Eddie is speaking about his mother and mentions how he believes everything he has done was in an attempt to get her to come back, it connected with me, and others, and made me think of my own loss and how true his statement was. One woman even said "you kept me laughing even when I was so scared" and then I realized how many lives he has touched.

I have never laughed so much and yet cried so much all in one documentary, this is a true testament to hard work and never giving up. I finished this film and I believed I really could do anything if I truly believed. Thank you Eddie for sharing your incredible life with us, you are a truly stand up guy.

I hope the dvd has some good bonus features and I will update the review when my pre-order arrives. See this film and share it.
I am a big Eddie Izzard fan. This is a self produced documentary that gives fans and newbies a glance behind the curtain. It is well done and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Watch this then move on to Eddie's stand-up shows - Dressed To Kill, Glorious, Definite Article, etc. You will have a great time. Michele Goff
on March 12, 2014
I've always enjoyed Eddie Izzard's work and admired his courage, genius, authenticity, audacity and generosity. This was a refreshing insight into a very private man's real life and journey thus far. I highly recommend this...as I recommend all of his work. Bravo to Sarah Townsend's tenacity and insights into making this project a reality worthy of Mr. Izzard's legacy. I hope he will do more projects that let us see the real man behind the legend. It is a very realistic look at the actual path a true Artist goes through - with all the obstacles, rejection, successes, sacrifices, etc. - to give everyone an in-your-face reality check. He deserves all the success he's achieved and so much more. I for one am grateful he Believed in himself until everyone else caught up. I truly Believe that Dreams do come true (if you Believe like Eddie does).
on August 27, 2010
In case you are looking for a standup comedy of Eddie's, then look elsewhere, because this is not one. Instead, this is a biographical study on his life. Indeed there are excerpts taken from his standups, even those from back in England before he started cross-dressing publicly; however, this is more of a biography with many interviews from people from his past, one even being Robin Williams whom Eddie sits down with to chat. In this biopic, the brilliant director delves into his past to explore where all his comic roots were born, and strikes a gold-mine's-worth of hardship and perseverance. Eddie did not have an easygoing life, beginning with the death of his mother, followed by boarding school, failed college ambitions, and a series of trials by fire in his comical development that eventually led to his success as one of the most renowned and beloved comedians today. If you are interested in learning more about what fuels Eddie's humor, drives him to success, and propels him to "Believe" in becoming more than just an entertainer, then this is a worthwhile biopic. His forceful spirit will impress you and the artful director's experimentally wondrous style will more than likely engage you. It was a bit lagging in certain areas leaving you wondering how long this movie really is, however it does possess its charms and if Eddie strikes a funny bone in your system, then prepare to "LOL" more than a few times.
on July 31, 2017
not as good as his first video but we like him
on June 15, 2017
I enjoyed this getting to know the man behind the performer.
on March 7, 2010
Eddie Izzard is one of my favorite performers (doesn't seem right to just pigeonhole him as a comedian) and "Believe" gives you a whole new insight into the man. It is funny, sad, touching and happy all at the same time. It is entertainingly done with great pictures, music and graphics.

This film is a true testament to Eddie's talent and drive.

I highly recommend this to anyone that likes Eddie Izzard and to anyone just looking for a really great documentary about a great, talented man.
on December 3, 2013
I love Eddie Izzard...an amazing comic...and a very interesting person. This DVD gives you some look into his personal history and background, his upbringing, how he worked through the "tough" times, such as losing his mother at a very early age, attending boarding schools, and then starting his career as a "street performer". He "came out" as a transvestite while on one of his comedy tours....maintaining his honesty, humor, and personal courage. Eddie Izzard is as REAL as they come. A great documentary about an amazing entertainer and human being! I highly recommend this DVD!
on May 9, 2014
it is my opinion that the funniest comedians are smart, thoughtful and in some point in there life experience heartbreaking tragedy or losses.... eddie izzard is no exception to that rule... i found his candor to be brave to allow himself to be seen raw and unguarded as he did... i have always been his fangirl and i love him even more now that i "know" him.... not in that creepy way in that intellectual this is where he's coming from way... if you love eddie ... its a must see
on September 17, 2014
His "life story" was very interesting and because we are great fans of his we enjoyed learning things about him that we had not known before. It's easy to watch and we hope he continues with his comedic shows. He's also a very good actor in serious (or semi-serious) parts and we are happy to recommend this video.