Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 22, 2013
I purchased this Y splitter after looking in local stores for one. None was suitable. Best Buys had one, but I didn't care for it and it was over $10. I ordered this Belkin for $6 and change. While looking I noticed a real cheap one from ELMENOS for a buck. For a lark I ordered this one also, just to see how bad the cheap one was.

The Belkin arrived first and I tried it out. Well, the plugs, both male and female wouldn't hold their counterpart securely and the one of the plugs wouldn't reproduce sound in one of my speakers. Drats!

The next day, the cheap Y adapter from ELMENOS arrived. For a heck of it, I tried it. The plugs snapped in their counterparts and worked perfectly. Go figure.

The Belkins went in the garbage.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on August 6, 2015
Okay. I'm not much of a "write a review" kind of person, but oh my goodness. This product is amazing! I have taken advanced Video Production classes, and if you know anything about V.P., then you know how much you rely on this product. The only "complaint" you could possibly make is the immediate connection to the audio jack. It's a split second for it to connect, but all connections take a split second. For example, plugging in headphones to a computer/laptop when audio is currently playing. Now if you're wondering if it works for the top-notch brand headphones and ear buds. How about Apple Earpods, and Panasonic Headphones? Same results. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me.
on December 18, 2014
Many splitters of this kind will cause volume imbalances, i.e., one side will often be louder than the other in a pair of headphones. I have two of these, and neither of them commits this sin. The cable is very stiff and the connections are very large and bulky, though. Works well, could just use a little more attention to detail and design.
on October 6, 2013
I had bought a pair of splitters last year, because my stereo system had three plug-ins, such that they were meant to go to some fancy sound system, and my TV only had one audio output. The splitters I bought then were horrible, even though it had to female inputs you couldn't plug in two males, as the space between the holes was so tiny that one pushed out the other. The end result being that they were completely useless.

However, these are great. They're cheap, and for the price you buy them they work amazingly well. Audio quality/volume is decreased a tiny bit, but that is to be expected when splitting. Besides, the difference is so imperceptible that it will not bother anyone but the most picky of audiophiles (who wouldn't use splitters in the first place, I'm guessing).

So, buy these. You won't regret it.
on October 20, 2017
Exactly what we needed, delivered on time and works fine.
on April 21, 2011
I bought this device to split the audio output on my computer so I could run 2 sets of speakers in 2 different rooms. This worked perfectly and was an inexpensive solution. This adapter does give full stereo sound on both sets of speakers. (Some don't)
30 helpful votes
31 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on April 21, 2012
I bought this splitter with the intention of connecting 2 devices to one pair of speakers. I was tired of always having to disconnect my TV from the speakers when I wanted to plugin my iPhone to the same speakers. Over time, the input jack on the speakers will eventually deteriorate. Since my Klipsch speakers were brand new, I figured I'd try to preserve them as long as possible. The less wear on the input jack, the better!

Now, with the help of this product, I'm able to leave my TV AND iPhone (or other device) connected to each end of the splitter, while always having the male end kept in the input jack of the speakers. I'd much rather replace this low-cost splitter than my expensive speakers, so I'm very happy that this thing works the way I had hoped!

Highly recommended to anyone looking for a quality splitter! Use it for splitting to 2 sets of headphones, or connect 2 devices to a pair of speakers. Both applications work well. Thanks Belkin!
on May 20, 2012
I'm just a regular user, not an audiophile looking to share movies on my iPad with my hubby or colleagues on the plane. I just used this last week and it worked GREAT! My colleague and I were able to watch a rented movie on my iPad perfectly. I have a little trouble hearing on airplanes in general and this still worked great. I could hear the movie clearly as could my movie watching partner. I definitely recommend.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on December 26, 2012
I got this for a 3-4 hour flight so me and my girlfriend could watch movies and not have to share headphones. Works perfectly. Only complaint and this is half on the tablet i was using for not having a higher powerer audio output in the first place(which most dont), but when you split the sound it loses some volume level in both sets of headphones. i was using what i thought would be good, a large high quality set of headphones. And my girlfriend was using generic little earbuds. Due to the plain engine noise she could hear cleary since the buds were shutting out outside noise but the large phones i was using was letting some in since my ewar canal was not directly sclosed off. She could hear i had to struggle. So in conclusion this item works just as it was described but with a small amount of volume loss versus just one set of phones.
on May 16, 2013
I bought this Y adapter to be like a professional starcraft player and wear two headphones at once (outer ear and inner ear headphones). It worked just great and made the sound excellent. It is a way to essentially create noise canceling headphones for cheap.

The Y adapter can also be used for DJaying which one set adapter going to the headphones and the other going to speakers. I do not see why these would not work for this purpose as well. Unfortunately I am not a DJ and did not try this (Besides on a DJay App).

However, I eventually misplaced the Y adapter a few months ago and have yet to find it. If you do buy it pay close attention to where you put it. Good while it lasted for the low price. 5/5. Works great for the iPad 3.