Belkin Anti-Static Wrist Band with Adjustable Grounding
|Price:||$0.96 + $3.98 shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Dissipates static during electronic repair and maintenance
- Reliable static control and 360-degree protection
- Velcro wrist band adjusts to varying sizes
- Attached self-coiling grounding cord grants freedom to move and freedom from tangles
- Full 1-year warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
For those unaware, the shocking truth is that electronics are very sensitive to electrostatic discharge (ESD). It might not seem like it, but a discharge too small for you to even notice can be enough to damage a printed circuit board (PCB).
As your body naturally builds up a static charge, simply touching the motherboard inside your a computer can discharge several thousand volts of electricity, more than enough to cause permanent damage. The damage done can be total (computer just never boots again) or subtle (strange, difficult to troubleshoot problems that plague you from then on). An anti-static wrist strap is probably the most common measure used to mitigate the risk of frying your computer when you need to work inside and touch the components.
The idea is to wear this strap around your wrist, which has a metal plate (a conductor) that makes contact with your skin and attaches to a cable with a metal clip. When you attach the clip to the bare (unpainted) metal case of your computer, or something else metal, you effectively ground yourself by making the static electricity discharge harmlessly. You can achieve the same result by simply touching a metal part of the case periodically as you work. Not wearing fuzzy socks and scuffing across your carpet on your way to work on your computer on a dry day helps, too. There are also other solutions, such as anti-static mats (for working on as well as ones for standing on).
Warning: some so-called experts will tell you that the whole ESD thing is a myth and will tell you they've worked on computers for years and never used one and not seen a single case of ESD (if these so-called experts live in humid climates, ignore them outright).Read more ›
* snap it in and forget about it - the small-diameter coils give plenty (3 feet) of stretch, and give enough warning if I forget to take it off before running for the phone
* no more shocks
* attractive raincoat yellow against black strap
* easy to attach strap due to just enough stiffness
* easy to snap in and out
* the strap is pretty comfortable, but it is a simple length of velcro; the part against my wrist is smooth but it could be a tad more comfortable - but this is not an issue, just a nice-to-have. I took off one star (4 total) for comfort but kept the 5 stars overall.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have a couple of these yellow anti-static wrist bands and I was teaching my kid about static electricity while doing a build. I put the ohm meter to it and... Read morePublished 25 days ago by Eric M
Nice construction, comfortable to wear. Shipping took forever, though - I had finished building my PC long before this arrived.Published 29 days ago by Nupraptor