- Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 4.2 x 1.4 inches ; 4.3 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 4.8 ounces
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B004ZN5Q5W
- Item model number: F5L073-C00
- Batteries 3 AAA batteries required.
- Average Customer Review: 727 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
- #1 in Kindle Store > Amazon Device Accessories > Kindle E-Reader Accessories > Kindle DX (2nd Generation, Global Wireless) Accessories > Reading Lights
- #1 in Kindle Store > Amazon Device Accessories > Fire Tablet Accessories > Kindle Fire (2nd Generation) Accessories > Reading Lights
- #4 in Kindle Store > Amazon Device Accessories > Kindle E-Reader Accessories > Kindle (5th Generation) Accessories > Reading Lights
- Date first available at Amazon.com: May 27, 2011
Belkin Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (Graphite)
- Compact, powerful clip-on light for your Kindle
- Three "Super LEDs" give off a warm reading light (as bright as six regular LEDs). Two brightness settings for your convenience.
- Fully adjustable arm allows the light to be positioned in almost any angle. Slim design for easy storing and carrying.
- Lamp head designed to tuck into the clip for easy storing and carrying. Ultra-wide clip provides a strong, secure grip.
- Designed to attach, works with covers and stands. 1-Year Limited Warranty
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 1:41 Mins|
I have added a very short video comparing a few of my reading lights, but please understand I am not a videographer, so it really isn't that good. But I hope it helps someone though.
I still use the Belkin light the most and no longer look for any other reading lights for my Kindle - it broke my addiction! :)
I admit to collecting reading lights for my Kindle (you can see my review of others here: Mighty Bright MiniFlex Book Light, Black), so it wasn't surprising when I ordered this one after seeing it mention on the Kindle forum here on Amazon.
The light is very bright - even on the lowest setting. It might actually be a bit too bright if you are reading in bed with a significant other, but I don't have that problem at the moment.
I read my Kindle naked - sans cover. This light firmly holds onto the Kindle without or without a cover. It is different than the other Might Bright Lights, as this doesn't clip on per se - it will slide onto the naked Kindle, and will extend to fit over the Kindle with a cover. I have added pictures above to show this in more detail.
For me, the biggest issues are weight of the light and limiting a hotspot on the Kindle screen. I find this light to weigh about the same as the Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Clip-On Light (Kindle Version) Black [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging], (maybe a little less) but it seems more balanced because of the wider base - easier for me to use in bed while I am lying on my side.Read more ›
The clip mostly works, though it can be dislodged rather easily. The clamp is not a levered-clothespin, but a parallel clamp that doesn't exert a whole lot of pressure when in place. Not a dealbreaker for bedtime readers, but just don't expect to leave this thing in place while walking around the house or transporting in a bag.
The LEDs put out as much light as a decent flashlight. It's not a peaceful, soft glow but a serious task light on a gooseneck. It's bright enough to annoy a spouse... even a spouse that's watching TV. If Belken knocked the lower setting down to about 1/3 its current brightness, it'd be plenty bright for reading the Kindle. The switch is on the lamp head, which itself is pretty small. Flicking the tiny switch with a thumbnail isn't that bad, but it's easy to flick right past the lower setting and end up lighting up the whole bedroom for a second --before switching the thing off by accident (missing the lowest setting, again). By doing this you end up creating a momentary disco effect in the bedroom just trying to get the thing turned on.
Having AAAs instead of coin batteries in the light is a welcome convenience. You're more likely to have AAAs around the house than some little watch battery. Changing the batts is as simple as changing the batts in a TV remote control; there are no little screws contend with. I haven't had it long enough to judge its battery life, though.
But be aware that the using 3xAAAs in a light does add a considerable amount of weight to the top of the Kindle. The concern isn't really with the weight it adds, but the way it affects the balance and ergonomics of the Kindle.Read more ›
Many people have complained about this light not fitting the Kindle 3 but they do include a plastic piece that can be used with the light to help it fit. Since I am using it over both my Kindle and the cover I have for it, I do not have that problem. It's very sturdy and I have no problem with it sliding or slipping in the least.
I also appreciate that it has 2 brightness settings. It's perfect for reading in bed before sleep or anywhere there is dim lighting.
The moveable neck is also a great feature, it allows me to move the light to exactly where I need it depending on where I have the Kindle placed.
I hope this helps those of you deciding which light to pick. I don't regret this purchase at all!
|Length: 8:04 Mins|
What I like about my Belkin Clip-On Light for Kindle:
-It fits my Kindle 2 & 3 with or without the Leather Cover. The Light comes with an insert for the Kindle 3 to ensure a proper fit.
-I can bend the Flex Neck any way I want i.e. facing away from my husband yet still on my Kindle at night, therefore not disturbing him but still allowing me to see without difficulty
-I can use it on print books
-I get HOURS of reading time with 3 triple A batteries
-I have a choice of 2 different light settings
-It's incredibly easy to store: The light attached to the flex neck fits into the clip-protecting the light and making it easy to travel with and to store when not in use.
I have no dislikes
I higly recommend this light for your 'in the dark' reading needs. I never leave home without it and if you like to read at night or in areas where the light is not sufficient, then this is the light for you!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It could fit better on the newest Kindle 6". The adapter that was included made the fit worse. The amount of light is appropriate. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Laurie Davis
The price was certainly right, but light does not stay on my kindle well. Also after reading for a while the light starts to get weak. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Barbara S.
This little light is awesome. It has two levels of brightness and is great to use so as not to disturb anyone else.Published 8 days ago by Susan
tried others before finding replacement for my original Belkin Clip-On but all were disappointing...... so happy to have found this one...Published 21 days ago by cindy rank
I have been using this not as light for a kindle reading device but as an actual book light. I clip it onto the back of my book and it provides a light unlike any other. Read morePublished 1 month ago by E. Prender
Too clumsy for me. I'd prefer one that attaches better to my Kindle. The neck swings too much and I put some super glue on it to stop that. I don't recommend this product.Published 2 months ago by Mary
So easy to use...makes my Kindle E-reader now easy to use at night.Published 2 months ago by Richard Simon
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Electronics > eBook Readers & Accessories > Reading Lights
- Kindle Store > Amazon Device Accessories > Fire Tablet Accessories > Kindle Fire (2nd Generation) Accessories > Reading Lights
- Kindle Store > Amazon Device Accessories > Kindle E-Reader Accessories > Kindle (5th Generation) Accessories > Reading Lights
- Kindle Store > Amazon Device Accessories > Kindle E-Reader Accessories > Kindle DX (2nd Generation, Global Wireless) Accessories > Reading Lights
- Kindle Store > Amazon Device Accessories > Kindle E-Reader Accessories > Kindle Keyboard (3rd Generation) Accessories > Reading Lights
- Kindle Store > Amazon Device Accessories > Kindle E-Reader Accessories > Kindle Touch (4th Generation) Accessories > Reading Lights