Belkin Universal Media Reader-Black
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Supports 56 different cards (without adapters)
- Provides support for SDHC cards
- Upgradeable firmware for support of future higher-capacity cards
- Graphic icons on faceplate for ease of use
- Dust protection-guards against dust and debris; the Universal Media Reader can be placed facedown when not in use
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The second was a Sony that claimed "SDHC IZ TEH SUPPORTZ" on the back. But after a quick Google, it became apparant that it does not support the super huge 8Gb on a hairpin.
So, I bought this one.
And it works.
I could be dramatic and said that Angels came down on a beam of light and sang heavenly praises about the quality of this product. But I won't.
Oh on a more technical note, I have this plugged into a Belkin USB Hub and I achieved 3Mbs sustained write speed to my Class 2 MicroSDHC card which theoretically only supports up to 2Mb sustained transfer rate.
04-05-2013 - I have to revise my review of this product. I mainly use it with my Windows Vista OS computer and now each time I need to use this reader I have to re-install the Belkin provided software that came with the reader. The computer does not recognize this media card reader unless I re-install the software! It's very frustrating and I need to contact Belkin to see what their remedy might be. Otherwise, when the reader is working, it works well. Just a pain to have to keep software handy so I can grab it to reinstall in order to use my reader! :-/
1. Windows 7 64bit (which is not listed in the description) directly recognizes this reader without the need of any software installation. The accompanying CD contains drivers for the other supported OS's (google for the pdf document with the item number to know about other supported systems).
2. It easily reads CF (4GB), SDHC (4GB), and microSD (2GB) cards. Please note the sizes of the cards as I do not know whether it will read larger sized cards. I do not own any other type of card so I cannot say anything about them.
I will update this review if there is any problem later on. But if there is no update from me before the day you are reading this review, then you can assume this card reader is working fine for me.
Aug 21, 2012 Update: One year from when I bought this item, and it is still working great. Another thing, it also works with the SD/SDHC to CF type II adapters.
I can't say enough about this product... it's everything it claims to be. WELL worth the low price.
It is so frustrating how so many things are made so crappy today :(
So few cares to make products that last, instead only things destined for the landfill.
But before it finds its way to the landfill they waste your time.
1) Search for solutions on the internet
2) Search for solutions on Belkins support website
3) Download new driver to no avail
4) Only phone number on website is for "premium" support for $119.95 pr year, to ask questions about a $20.00 device.
5) After calling that number to see if there was any phone support, I was given a different number.
6) The following help gave me yet another extension to call.
7) When I did get to the person and explained the problem, he asked for my contact info (so they can start sending me promotions/ spam)
8) Once he got my info he put me on hold for another 5 minutes
9) When he came back, he informed me that the card reader was out of warranty, and asked me if I was on a computer so he could direct me to buy another one!!!
10) I declined and informed him that I would not buy any more Belkin products ever again, to which he replied, politely with a slight accent: "Is there anything else I can do for you" "No" I answered, hung up and started typing this review.
I would not care if the card reader had been twice as expensive, if it had been of better quality and lasted.
In an era where everybody claims to care about energy use, and "being green", but produce throw away devices as this card reader, is the polar opposite to being responsible.
If you want to be "Green" then make products that last!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
ABSOLUTELY GREAT PRODUCT! EVERYTHING I NEEDED AND THEN SOME......Published 15 days ago by Howard Ash
Totally worth the money. I researched these, I jokingly feel like I could stick a floppy disk in this and it would fit (it doesn't) I have fit memory cards of many types in it. Read morePublished 7 months ago by WoJacks
It didnt corrupt my SD cards like the last cheap reader that I got. Never again will I trust my data with cheap card readersPublished 10 months ago by Wondurgurl
this belkin doesn't not read 64GB micro sd cards i have a sandisk XC1 class 10 and it will not see it no matter what i do even disk utility on my mac won't see it. Read morePublished 11 months ago by jfrigo