Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 110 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 126 reviews
on December 15, 2010
[...]Works perfectly with no noise, buzz or video distortion that is noticeable. (I do not have HD and for an old tube tv, the picture is as good as could ever be expected).

I have and use (used) the RCA and the Phillips (the silver). If you are not sure, of the three, this one is clearly the best.

The RCA has been and was until it broke, always temperamental and had noise and video distortion problems from the day I bought it to the day it just broke/burned itself out.

If you just look at the picture of the RCA RF Modulator you can see that it is the only one with a configuration with inputs and outputs coming in then out from two sides. It was illogical and constantly annoying to make sure I could see and make sure which was the coaxial in and which was the coaxial out.

This Belkin is plain, basic, clearly labeled and worked right out of the box flawlessly.

FINALLY - THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE THAT MAY MATTER TO ANYONE UNSURE - This Belkin model can be set up vertically (as the picture shows) but the rim around the bottom of the picture slides on and of so you can use it as a horizontal box.

You have the option to choose to use the base and have a thin profile vertical modulator which I can see could be very desirable, especially in keeping the video wires from crossing/touching the power line and causing static noise/video problems.
on October 1, 2013
I bought this as the final piece to convert an HDMI signal coming out of my HTPC to coax. I was more concerned about the other converter in the line that converts from HDMI to component out, but it turned out that this simple converter is the one that failed to do the job. No matter what we watched there was intermittent static noise that blocked out the audio and made the output unwatchable. In addition the picture was blurry and contained horizontal lines. After I determined that this RF Modulator was the problem I read more of the negative reviews and saw that all of them seemed to experience the same problem I did. So I went to a local discount store and bought a similarly priced GE one and it worked like a charm. The picture was perfect and there has been absolutely no static. I have no idea how this product has a 4 star average but I hope this additional 1 star rating helps bring it down and save people from the same hassle I faced.
on March 5, 2010
Like others that have reviwed this product, I recently upgraded to a new HD TV, and therefore needed to upgrade my DirctTV receiver to one that would receive HD signals. My home was wired from room to room with standard 75 OHM type cable and I had previously been able to use the standard 75 OHM round outlet on the old Direct TV receiver to send output from that receiver, by using a splitter, to all other TV's in all other rooms. However, the new Direct TV receiver, like many newer HD devices, does not have a standard 75 OHM or RCA output jacks. It, like many others, just has an HDMI output. There is no adaptor available that can convert an HDMI cable to 75OHM or RCA type cables, and the only way to do this is with a device similar to this one, and RF modulator If you shop around you will find them at many differant price points. The Radio Shack version is twice the cost of this one. This one is by far the least expensive, and based upon other reviews I decided to give it a try. It works great!!!!! The only thing I noticed, and I am not sure this is the fault of this device, is that my local network channels, which are broadcast via Direct TV, sound "distorted" when the TV's that are connected to this device are played at very low volume. All other Direct TV channels, sound just fine at any volume - but the local ones are distorted at low volume. If I turn the volume of the TV up a bit, the distortion goes away. I just thought I would mention that.
on May 28, 2014
Bought to go between an old TV with coax cable access and my video game with RCA cables. It does exactly what it's supposed to do. I love the fact that it can either stand up or lay down -- this saves space and fits in a lot more places because of its flexibility. I really have come to count on Belkin products; I have this modulator as well as two surge protectors, a wireless modem, and a few other items I can't remember right now. They're a reliable manufacturer and I'd recommend them to anyone.
on June 16, 2010
I had been using an old video recorder as a pass-thru for my DVD player in my motorhome to get a picture on my old CRT TV set. The VCR took up a lot of space and then finally began to distort the picture. The VCR was being used only for it's tuner. So I needed a replacement for the tuner and the Belkin RF modulator was suggested to me. I figured for 12 bucks I could afford to gamble.
No gamble...the little box worked perfectly and was insetalled in five minutes. Not much bigger than a pack of cigarettes it takes up very little space and aa little Velcro stuck it down so it didn't slide around when the RV was in motion. The box is very light as well as small. Only drawback for my situation is the on/off switch is on the back and is awkward to reach but for conventince for the DVD player as well as the RF modulator I put them and the TV on a switched outlet strip.
This is a simple little box that takes the place of a tuner and is great for situations such as mine where I had no inputs to the TV other than the antenna.
I would rate this perfect for it's intended use.
on May 15, 2011
So, being a broke college student and moving into a fairly expensive apartment, I had to find cheap options.

I couldn't afford to buy a new TV, so I "inherited" an old school box looking TV.

The TV would be rated a 1 out of 5 stars easily, but that's not what I'm reviewing here.

I know nothing about most technology, I just don't stay current enough, I guess. I was utterly confused, when I went to hook my PS2 into my newly acquired TV. I talked to a friend who suggested coaxial cables and such. I scanned RadioShack's website looking for a deal on some of this equipment, much to my dismay they wanted a lot more than what I thought for one of these adapters. I was quite confused as to why this older technology is still this expensive.

However, I was lucky enough to be wondering around on the Amazon site, as I always am, and I found this little jewel. I've always liked Belkin products, I used to have a router from the company, so I went ahead and purchased this product. It arrived on time, and I unpacked it and hurriedly started plugging things in. It took me all of about five minutes to install, pretty simple and straight forward. The actual product is great, I'm now able to hook up my PS2, and play games & watch movies. The sound can sometimes be a little fuzzy, but I'd assume that's because I'm using a TV that looks like it came from a prison cell. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase, once again Amazon came through and offered another quality product!
on August 3, 2012
Purchased this to connect a 2nd television to my direct TV receiver box. I considered numerous options, all much more expensive, such as a sling box, or wireless A/V sender. I had plenty of left over coax, but as the new modern Direct TV boxes don't have COAXIAL outputs, I needed a solution. (Where there is a will, there is a way) This was it! For 12 bucks, I was able to connect the 2nd TV to the Satellite. Works perfect, image is crystal clear, and no distortion. Just be aware that if you use this for a similar purpose, you will not get HD signal. Not a problem, as I believe HD is not essential for ones ability to enjoy TV.

Overall, this is a great product, solid, and good quality. I would recommend.
on April 23, 2017
returned
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 21, 2010
Rather than buy a new TV for the spare bedroom when we got a new satellite provider, we decided to use an RF modulator. We needed RCA stereo for the satellite receiver, coax for the DVD player, and coax out to the TV. Well, this has all of those, but so do many others.

So why did I (should you) buy this one?
- I've used Belkin products for years and have found them to be of consistently high quality.
- The curved design of this product looks much better than the boxes most of the other companies make.

There is, really, only one thing I would have liked, but since I didn't see any modulators with this feature, I can't really say anything bad about this unit specifically...but maybe someone from Belkin will read this and we'll see this feature some day.
Put a switch on the front of this thing so I can select which input I want to send to the tv! If I want to watch a DVD, I have to shut off the satellite or its signal swamps that of the DVD player. And if someone is recording something on the satellite DVR when I want to watch a DVD, someone is out of luck!
on February 18, 2011
I bought this modulator to convert the composite output of my VCR to NTSC RF for a new TV that doesn't display my VCR properly through its own composite input.

This modulator does a worse job of producing a stable RF picture than the old, mono, broken VCR I was using to do the same job. With both devices, the picture jumps slightly up and down randomly. But with this modulator, there's also sometimes a brightness fluctuation in a band across the middle of the picture.

And this modulator does a bad job of passing through digital TV antenna signals. With the power disconnected I was able to receive all the channels through the modulator that I normally get. With the power connected, only one came through. This won't be a problem for most people since they'll be using it with old, analog TVs.

I'm going to keep using the old VCR rather than this modulator. It isn't worth returning, so I'll keep it as a back-up to the old VCR. And I may find some use for its 9 volt, 100mA DC supply.