Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Belkin High-Speed Internet Modem Cable, 25 feet
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

on December 27, 2011
This is a RJ11 DSL Modem cable Not an RJ45 CAT5 network cable.
This cable is used to connect a DSL Modem to the isolated( hopefully) wall phone jack.
This is not the cable used to connect the modem to the PC.
The cable the DSL "tech" used in my initial installation was poor quality, it had bad locking clips and was too short. The Belkin cable gave me the extra length I needed and it locks into the connectors securely.
on March 18, 2013
I used this cable to replace the infamous GREEN cable that comes with the ATT Uverse modem. This particular green cable is not a regular phone cable, although it does look like it with RJ-11 inputs at either end. Rather both the green cable and this Belkin cable are CAT5 cable with RJ-11 ends. This allows you to perfectly replace the short 5 foot green cable with this 25footer! I have absolutely no issues with my connection with this cable. It is a little more difficult to get out of the UVERSE modem than a regular phone cable or the green cable...but it's not a big deal....just a little more finicky. Other than this, it's perfect! Buy it if only to replace the hideous green color.
on May 13, 2011
I have tried various phone & data phone wires, and this has been the best so far. Page changes for internet surfing have been faster. Streaming performance on video is improved. Using this cable from the outlet to the dsl modem and a CAT 6 cable from the modem to the the PC makes a great set-up. I could have used a 50 foot version though.
on March 27, 2015
Doing some reading and researching back in October 2014 I came across the 25ft Belkin High-Speed Internet Modem Cable which suited my needs and so I bought it. Am 55yrs old now and am expecting the Belkin Modem Cable to outlast my lifetime because in my opinion it’s an exceptional data signal transfer device. Its wire and parts design includes dual tough double layer insulated sheaths one silver within and the second a transparent insulation surrounding the outside. The silver insulation obviously is capable of deflecting, reducing and eliminating outside signal interference the transparent insulation reduces tangling and twisting therefore this particular data cable connected from the phone jack to the modem provides the exact reliable physical and smooth signal transfer service required.

~Some Background~ § For the past ten years I've had Digital Subscription Line internet (DSL) combined with 23 years of phone line service but in late 2014 due to the rising costs of internet service and in particular absurd increases in phone line maintenance fees I in turn cut off the phone service and switched to a more suited pay as needed cell plan. § Living in Chicago I discovered internet monthly service costs are generally compatible across the spectrum of company’s so decided to stay with the same Internet Service Provider (ISP). Due to terminating my old phone line I was required to upgrade to the newer service named the Atypical DSL+2 internet subscription plan (ADSL+2) which also required a Uverse modem; to my surprise the modem was supplied free of charge. Anyway, the Uverse modem was designed to accommodate “triple signals” through the broadband service that is ~ a phone line, the internet and the Uverse TV service simply via the my ole’ phone jack nonetheless, my interest was strictly oriented on reconnecting the Express 1.5MB internet service I preciously had and nothing more. § Due to my apartment floor plan the phone jack and PC sit around 20 feet apart so I connected two internet data cables one 15ft grey and one green via a commercial cable extension adaptor which I used throughout my ten years of internet service. § The Technician who came that day back in late 2014 to reconfigure the outdoor and indoor interface wiring in addition to installing the new Uverse modem strongly suggested I eliminate the poorly extended internet data cable scheme (he was the first tech in ten years to ever mention and denounce this type of signal connection system). § His suggestion was to obtain a longer one piece internet data cable which would optimize signal transfer by significantly reducing air wave electrical interference and the adaptor signal transfer losses which result from commercial signal extension adaptors. § It was a great eye opening discussion because it was the motivation I needed to do the right thing and obtain the proper ADSL+2 modem data cable and length required. § There are many brands and choses out there but am certainly glad to have chosen the 25ft Belkin ADSL+2 High Speed modem data cable. I strongly believe the Belkin Modem Cable through personal inspection was constructed to endure with proper use a reliably long life through its superior design and parts quality; thanks for reading.
on July 23, 2011
It's a cable, there's not a lot to rave about. It works as advertised, and connection quality doesn't seem to drop any over the extra distance than over the AT&T 2-Wire 4 foot cable they provide. In short, if you need something longer for a 2-Wire modem or DSL modem, this does the trick!
on March 29, 2015
I tried this based on the great reviews and it is only $12, what do I have to loss. Did a speed test on speedtest.net before (5mbps) and after (21mbps) download speed. The numbers don't lie, this cable is a great buy
on February 8, 2015
I was having an issue with my wifi kicking me off on my laptop and my dvr not being able to access on demand until I bought this and hooked it up to my router. I was able to put the router next to the dvr and hook it in directly. I really didn't think it would make a difference since the wiring of my house is ancient but it seems to help with the signal reaching my laptop but I have not had an issue since.
on April 1, 2015
Excellent product!! I had kept losing my internet connection receiving error messages. Since I replaced the AT&T line from the wall to my modem all of the interruptions have ceased. I purchased this product for 11.98 on here. It has increased greatly since then so there may be cheaper alternatives that are of good quality. And I suspect when they have more inventory than they would like the price will diminish again. This has been a great purchase for me eliminating internet interruptions. No more worrying I can't access the internet. By the way, the product feels so durable. I have a feeling it will last me a long time. Very good purchase. I wish I could be so complimentary about every purchase I make off Amazon.
on May 27, 2015
I got this to replace the telephone cable I had been using to connect to my modem. This is a much sturdier cable. I did a speedtest before and after and did see a slight increase in speed.The only thing I don't like is that it is hard to get the plug out of the modem - you have to wiggle it just right.
on December 7, 2014
AT&T man said using this modem cable would increase my speed. It did by about .2mbps. My problem is ATT only supplies A-DSL service ....But for an increase to my bill I could upgrade to Uverse which is true DSL...all I can say is, Stick It- ATT! The cable works well.