Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 49 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 63 reviews
on October 5, 2014
Two stars so far because it was a beast to install. so here is what you gotta do.....If after you install the software you get the yellow warning triangle in the device manager or devices and printers or a messsage that says device did not install properly go to the "devices and printers" tab in the start window. Next you will see the device icon and the words BCM920702 Bluetooth 4.0. with a yellow triangle in the corner. Right click then select properties. Then select the hardware tab at the top. What you will see is two devices that are ok and two with errors. Those two are the one you will need to fix by selecting the device then clicking the properties button. When the next window pops up select Change settings. When the next window pops up select the driver tab at the top then update driver. You will be given two options: Search automatically or browse my computer. Select browse my computer and go to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERSTORE. This should allow you to update the driver. Do the same thing for the other device that shows an error. One of the drivers is for the Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator and one is for the Bluetooth personal area network. This will probably also work with the KINIVO dongle I bought that wouldn't install either.
on October 6, 2014
Works on my windows 7 and my old XP box.

I plugged the device on the front of my Windows 7 PC and ran the software (note, the software has a bitmap popup, click "next" only once). As soon as I went to my device manager I saw the two open bluetooth devices, my wifes phone and the roku (the roku is about 20 feet away). When I tried to connect with my phone I had to go thru the regular crap of discovering, pairing, allowing permission etc....(this is no reflection on the device or software, this is the usual bluetooth connection crap you have to go thru).

Once I got a connection to my Win 7 PC I was able to transfer files easily enough. I did have to mess about with allowing, setting up file locations etc. But it did work.

I did the same types of things with my old strictly offline XP PC and it worked as well.

Bottom line, it worked on an new and old pc. However I would not recommend this for your Granny/Oma or someone who is not at least a litte computer savvy. Also, don't expect this to transfer as fast as a USB cable.
on May 23, 2014
I have had some connection difficulties with my old XP laptop. I have to kick it off with a Wav audio file before ITunes recognises the Bluetooth audio connection. ITunes uses Direct Sound. Once connected, it works well, but I think the Bluetooth drivers need some
more work as this should not require a fiddle to get ITunes to work, If I start it out with a video that works ok and If I start it
off with a particular Wav file, that seems to be ok. But if Connect the Belkin Bluetooth, with ITunes, the audio comes through the laptop speakers. I fiddle, and play the wav file and bingo, now all ITunes Audio works.

Hmmmm
Thanks. Still worth it.
on September 30, 2014
The item worked once I got thru the very slow software CD loading the drivers. The range was tested to 30 feet and worked OK. The item would loose connection often after about 5 minutes of operation even when my WIN7 laptop was 10< feet from the Bluetooth device. We left the dongle idle for two weeks then when placed in service it was dead. Even the Belkin troubleshooter said it could not see it. I found this dongle to be aggravating to use and sensitive to non-use. It costs too much to mail it anywhere versus the price of getting another one locally. Thus know if it dies so does any money you spent on it.
on June 24, 2015
Bought this adapter for a Sony VAIO lap top with Windows 7. There seems to be a possible issue with a driver or a setting with in the operating system. It works fine 3 or 4 times, then, out of the blue there are problems connecting to a Beats Pill. Works with out fail on a HP laptop. I'm sure its a problem with the Sony and not the adapter.
on December 31, 2014
This is the best one that I found. Only con is, I don't know if its my computer or this dongle, but it seems to override other my bluetooth devices even when I'm already using them on another device. This will just take that signal and sync it to itself. Other than that, still working long after I bought it unlike a different model.
on October 5, 2014
Connectivity very poor when mounted at the rear of a PC. Effective connectivity only when mounted at the front of a pc in a front panel usb port. I think that the reception is very directional.
To use with Windows 8 or 8.1, you should go to Belkin's web site and download the 32 bit or 64 bit driver, as appropriate.
on July 12, 2017
Works fine
on June 25, 2016
Used for my Laptop to send all my music to Amazon speak attached to stereo, like a gigantic ipod. Great sound from inexpensive attachement
on November 16, 2014
I am sure this would have been a great item, but it did not work on my Windows 7. Even though it claims that it does work on Windows 7, my computer was not able to download the complete diskette. I will have to do more research to find out what my problem is.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.