Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Belkin F8T065tt Mini Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter Dongle For Windows XP Windows 7 & Windows 8
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

VINE VOICEon November 24, 2013
Color: Old Version|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've tested this out in Windows Vista (doesnt work) , 7 (works) and 8 (works). It didnt work out of the box in ubuntu 12.10 ; if your looking for something with linux consider Belkin F8T016 instead; that works out of the box for me.
With those system compatibility notes out of the way, i have had no issues with the actual performance. The only thing that bugged me was the rounded handle, it makes it hard to pull out the device from the usb port.
VINE VOICEon November 21, 2013
Color: Old Version|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have a 5 year old Windows 7 desktop PC connected to my TV, and I connected this Bluetooth adapter so I could send & receive media to/from my phone & laptop. The installation was pretty easy, with no problems or confusion, and my devices paired quickly. The transfer speeds are decent--nothing spectacular, and not a 'significant' difference between this Belkin & the Medialink Bluetooth adapter I'd used previously.

The only complaint I have, and as others have also stated, is the annoying flashing light. Having it constantly flashing while using my HTPC is enough for me to remove it & install the Medialink adapter back on it. I'll use the Belkin at work to transfer files to/from my phone, where the blinking light will be less of an issue.
on October 5, 2014
Two stars so far because it was a beast to install. so here is what you gotta do.....If after you install the software you get the yellow warning triangle in the device manager or devices and printers or a messsage that says device did not install properly go to the "devices and printers" tab in the start window. Next you will see the device icon and the words BCM920702 Bluetooth 4.0. with a yellow triangle in the corner. Right click then select properties. Then select the hardware tab at the top. What you will see is two devices that are ok and two with errors. Those two are the one you will need to fix by selecting the device then clicking the properties button. When the next window pops up select Change settings. When the next window pops up select the driver tab at the top then update driver. You will be given two options: Search automatically or browse my computer. Select browse my computer and go to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERSTORE. This should allow you to update the driver. Do the same thing for the other device that shows an error. One of the drivers is for the Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator and one is for the Bluetooth personal area network. This will probably also work with the KINIVO dongle I bought that wouldn't install either.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 24, 2013
Color: Old Version|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I use these bluetooth dongles to connect my computer to a bluetooth headset for listening to videos, podcasts, etc. This Belkin version works well. The software installed within a few minutes without any unnecessary options or bloatware.

I have previously been using the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter and thus was able to do a direct comparison to the Belkin version with the same computer and headset. I found the 2 to be virtually indistinguishable. They both have about 60 feet of direct line-of-sight range. They both connect quickly to my headset. They both are the same size and seem to have the same build quality. They both have blue LED's.

The only difference between them is that the Belkin LED flashes when there is a bluetooth connection (solid light otherwise) while the Medialink LED emits a solid light at all times. The bright, flashing LED can be annoying if it is in a visible area like the side of your monitor. If the LED bothers you, covering it up with a bit of duct tape or electrical tape is a fairly easy fix but I would worry about too much tape decreasing the range.

Bottom line: If you want the LED to flash signifying an active connection, get the Belkin. Otherwise, go with the Medialink version.
on June 24, 2015
Bought this adapter for a Sony VAIO lap top with Windows 7. There seems to be a possible issue with a driver or a setting with in the operating system. It works fine 3 or 4 times, then, out of the blue there are problems connecting to a Beats Pill. Works with out fail on a HP laptop. I'm sure its a problem with the Sony and not the adapter.
on December 31, 2014
This is the best one that I found. Only con is, I don't know if its my computer or this dongle, but it seems to override other my bluetooth devices even when I'm already using them on another device. This will just take that signal and sync it to itself. Other than that, still working long after I bought it unlike a different model.
on February 14, 2015
Does what you expect, and haven't had any issues connecting or using any bluetooth devices with it. I have used this many times for tethering to a smartphone and the speeds and operating range have been impressive for bluetooth.
on November 16, 2014
I am sure this would have been a great item, but it did not work on my Windows 7. Even though it claims that it does work on Windows 7, my computer was not able to download the complete diskette. I will have to do more research to find out what my problem is.
on October 5, 2014
Connectivity very poor when mounted at the rear of a PC. Effective connectivity only when mounted at the front of a pc in a front panel usb port. I think that the reception is very directional.
To use with Windows 8 or 8.1, you should go to Belkin's web site and download the 32 bit or 64 bit driver, as appropriate.
on January 6, 2015
Don't buy this. Poor connectivity even with brand name. Seems using the same hardware as the cheap ones.
It can't reach everywhere in my garage. My bluetooth headphone keeps losing sound while I am doing my gym in the garage.