Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Size: 1-Pack|Style: 1 AMP|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$17.36 - $129.95

Showing 1-10 of 6,961 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7,550 reviews
on January 15, 2016
The quality of the product is very good. It is very well built and has a nice solid feel to it. However, they really needed to do some more product testing on this. The problem I have is with the location of the two USB ports. They are too low and close to the plugs below. If you have anything with a power block the size of the Apple 12 watt power block or larger you will have clearance issues between any cable plugged into the USB port and what is plugged into the outlet below it and in some cases you will only be able to use one or the other. That sort of defeats the purpose of being able to free up the plugs by being able to plug USB cables directly without the power block. As you can see from the picture I posted, you cannot use the right USB port at all as the device I have plugged in is partially covering the USB port (it is not even that big as you can see compared to the Apple power block) and the USB cable on the right is tightly butted up against the Apple power block. All Belkin has to do is move the USB ports up about 1/2 an inch and spread them out a little wider.
review image
44 comments| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2015
Bingo! Worked really well with a universal travel power adapter I also reviewed. Perfect companion product!

My other review: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RCAM4FUVSIEB8/ref=cm_cr_pr_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00UM40E1E
33 comments| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2016
I would rate this product higher if the swivel feature wasn't so difficult to use. Not sure if my item was broken, but I had to use a key to press down the button to turn the prongs. The problem is once it was pressed down, it is basically is stuck and won't pop back up. It seems to still work, but just annoying that the button had to be broken for the swivel to work. And prongs click every time I swivel it. I'm not sure if it's supposed to do that.
review image
55 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2013
sorry for yelling, but i can see that the reviews for this product are often a bit confusing. Why? Because Amazon in their infinite wisdom has decided to COMBINE the reviews for two very different versions of one product.

I purchased, and quite love, the 1AMP/5 Watt version of this surge suppressor. Yes it's not quite "mini" and yes the button to turn the plug takes some force, but all in all this thing has served me and my girl all around the world, usually connected to some dubious wall plug and hanging off a two prong foreign current adapter. Yea yea, probably not safe so I don't recommend this, but we've been using two of these since Oct 2010 and they both work well for iphones (4s and 5) Kindle Fire, Google Nexus and blackberries.

Now for the important part of the review...there is a new version! It has 2.1AMP/10 Watt. Many of the reviews that complain this device is underpowered are referring to the 1AMP/5Watt version. If you are at all concerned with the power supply issues, just buy the newer version. It will handle almost anything.

Back to the foreign adapter thing, I've found that the plastic case that came with my iphone headphones (square thing) is just perfect for helping to balance this monster against the wall. Use it like you/instead of would the plastic piece that comes covering the prongs.
22 comments| 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2012
This thing is great. I got it for my father because his cell phone charger was bulky and took up too much room. This fixed it, and added more outlets and USB Charging spots. Now the options are endless. It swivels (you have to push an unlock button underneath the outlet) Nice green LED light to show operation. the Two USB ports are great, for multiple devices. What was unexpected is that it CAME WITH A USB CABLE! Thats right, it came with a USB 2.0 to mini usb cable about 3' long. The 3 pronged outlet has a plastic safety cover that can be easily removed for transportation in bags and travel. Nothing negative to say.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on August 25, 2014
To start it off, the regular plugs were working fine.

The one star is for the USB ports, which I bought this for. The USB ports will charge my Nexus 5 phone, but for a REALLY LONG time. Look, I am not a genius when it comes to electricity. But I can figure out that this device supplies much less amps than my wall charger, which is rated at 1A. It usually takes about 2.5 hours to charge my phone from 0% to 100%. Now, when I used the USB port, it took a good 7 hours to charge my phone from 11% to 100%.

I may have gotten a lemon but still I am not satisfied with this as this device is rated to supply 2.1A for both ports (1A when both of them are being used). When I charged my phone, I only used one of the ports and nothing else was plugged in on any of the open outlets.
on January 12, 2017
The dual powered USB ports don't offer 2.4 AMP/12 W as advertised. The unit I received gives 1 AMP/5W for both USB ports combined and I verified it using Battery Pro app. When a device is being powered from one USB port, the 2nd USB port does not offer any current due to the low wattage on this unit. This is either false advertising or I received an outdated equipment.

The second minor issue I have with this equipment is the power sockets are too close to each other, so any wider power adapter will cover the adjacent socket.
on November 25, 2015
I am not sure why this thing gets raving reviews. I was very disappointed. I am a moderate travel junkie and find myself on an airplane about 20 to 30 times a year. When a product is intended for travel and wants to make its way into my shoulder bag, it has to be light, portable, convenient to pack and stow and provide outstanding functionality. This device is none of those things

-Size and weight: It is larger and heavier than my laptop charging brick (lenovo thinkpad 11.6")! how did they manage that???

Convenience: The prongs do not stow away and stick out - in my pc bag, that is not very convenient and scratches all the other "travel" things i have in there.

Functionality: The plug density is disappointing when considering the size of the thing. The USB charger is limited on the model i have to 1 A.... Its ok for my phone, but then add a tablet and it takes for ever to charge.

The build quality is also rubbish. I have had this unit for 1 year and it is no longer working, the USB ports stopped charging 2 months ago and the "protected" LED does not come on anymore. Very disappointed.

The idea is good but the execution poor. Too bad coming from a trusted brand such as Belkin. Will stay away from them going forward.
on August 13, 2015
This little thing is great! Use it when I travel and it condenses what needs to be packed! I can charge my phone, tablet and laptop in one spot and I know they are protected if there is a power surge. As a plus, it is big enough that my iPhone 6 can rest on it as it charges! The plug rotating also helps, but I found that the little white button that releases the turning feature is now stuck in the "released" setting.
on January 11, 2016
I bought one of these a a few years ago for a trip to Europe. I plugged it into an adapter and it was perfect for charging all of our gadgets. I couldn't find it before a recent trip, so I bought something similar. The non-Belkin replacement fried the instant a plugged it in and I had to throw it out. I have since bought another Belkin, which is what I should have done in the first place. It's a bit heavy, but does the job. The only issue I ever had was when my adapter wouldn't properly fit into a foreign outlet, and the weight of this plugged into the adapter with all the gadgets plugged in kept pulling it out of the wall. We propped it up with a shoe - problem solved. I don't travel without it now. It's also great for making friends in an airport, because you have space to spare to let other people charge with you.