- Product Dimensions: 8 x 1 x 11 inches ; 7 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0026RHUQC
- Item model number: F8N200-BLK
- Average Customer Review: 90 customer reviews
- Date first available at Amazon.com: June 1, 2009
Belkin Neoprene Kindle DX Case (Fits 10" Display)
|Price:||$27.97 + $3.52 shipping|
|You Save:||$17.02 (38%)|
- Case protects 10" Displays from scratches
- Compact, form-fitting design
- Made of neoprene with faux-leather accents for added grip
- Zippers are padded and asymetrically positioned for quick access
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
From the Manufacturer
Protect your Kindle DX from scratches and bumps with this case made of neoprene. View larger.
The Kindle DX features a thin, compact design, so why put it inside a big case that makes it a burden to carry around? The Belkin Large Neoprene Sleeve Case has a form-fitting design measuring 7.17 x 0.38 x 10.41 inches that maintains the Kindle DX's portability so you can easily take your collection of ebooks, newspapers, and magazines wherever you go.
Protect Your Kindle from Scratches and Damage
The Large Neoprene Sleeve Case is made of neoprene, the same material used in wetsuits, and has thick padding all around protecting it from shock and scratches, so you'll feel confident carrying your Kindle around. The case is designed to keep the Kindle's screen protected, so you won't have to worry about scratching it up and ruining your reading experience. And you'll notice when you're zipping the case up that the zippers themselves are padded to prevent scratching the kindle. Belkin has covered every detail for you with this protective sleeve.
Simple, Effective Design Offers Quick Access
The case is designed so you can retrieve and put away your Kindle 2 quickly and easily. The case has two zippers configured in a unique asymmetrical design that provides easy access from both the top and the side. If you're on the train or bus, you'll be able to get your Kindle out for a quick read and put it away when your stop is approaching.
Faux Leather Adds a Touch of Luxury and Usability
Belkin added some faux leather trim to both sides of the Large Neoprene Sleeve Case, which provides both a luxurious look, as well as a surface for some extra grip, so you won't have to worry about the case slipping out of your hands.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
On the other hand there isn't a place for the USB cable. If you want to be able to read while the Kindle is in the sleeve then this is not the sleeve for you. Finally the fake leather part does not cover the entire screen so something sharp might be able to puncture it and damage the screen.
My only complaints:
- It's expensive for what it is. $20-30 would have been a more reasonable price. Granted, I still paid for it so I guess it is the 'right price'.
- It's slightly too big. I would have preferred that the Kindle fit more snuggly inside. As it is it seems like it's about .5-inch too big on both the length and width.
I'd recommend it over the Amazon leather cover because:
- it doesn't attach (you can read about those problems in reviews for the Amazon version)
- it zips up and keeps dust/dirt from getting on your Kindle
CAREFUL: The additional photos show the product barely opens on two sides - just enough to easily take your Kindle in and out. But once the kindle is out, this case sits at your side, not offering any protection while you use your kindle. I tried just holding the kindle on the case when reading, but dropped it twice when it slid out of my grip leaving me just holding the case.
I returned this and bought the Amazon leather cover which securely holds kindle, and you can fully fold the front cover behind it when reading the kindle... the advantage is if you drop it, there are leather edges on the folder that will help buffer the fall.
If you aren't clumsy like me and will never drop it, you don't need to worry about it. Otherwise, go for the Amazon cover that locks the kindle in the cover and snag an expanding office folder with cover flap to carry it in briefcases and carry on bags.
1) Protective: The neoprene inside will protect the Kindle DX from scratches and the usual bumps. (It isn't strong enough to protect from sharp blows to the screen, or dropping.)
2) Zipper zips sufficiently far around that you can get the Kindle in and out very easily, and without the zipper causing a scratch. (Which it wouldn't anyway, as it is plastic, and the teeth are on the outside of case when unzipped, away from where you'd be sliding the Kindle in or out.)
3) Feels good to carry. The Kindle is snug enough that it doesn't slide around inside it, and both the cloth parts and faux leather parts of the outside of the cover feel good on the hands.
4) Fits the Kindle DX well. In fact, even if you have the Kindle in a silicone sleeve it will still fit (very snugly) inside the case. (But the silicone sleeve is unnecessary if you have the case, I took mine off. It also doesn't slide as easily in or out with the silicone sleeve on.)
5) Looks clean and simple, not ostentatious, and is also light.
Possible improvement for future revisions of this product:
1) A little half-pocket inside to slip a business card into so that when you leave your Kindle behind in a cafe the new owner can know who to thank.
(This review doesn't have a "Amazon verified purchase" tag because I received it as a gift from someone who bought it at Amazon.com.)
However, now that I've seen this cover and compared it to the leather cover, I'll be returning it and keeping the leather one. I'll just have to be careful with the hinges.
My biggest problem with this cover is the price. It is most definitely NOT worth $44!! It's a $15-20 cover, not $44 protection. It fits the Kindle DX very well, and is nicely made. It looks pretty good. But there's no extra padding inside the cover; it's so thin it feels as if it offers little to no protection when it comes to dropping, or pokes by sharp objects or blows to the screen area. I wanted this as a replacement for the leather cover, to carry around in my purse and such, but this won't do it. It's too "flimsy".
If it cost $15 I'd probably keep it, b/c I've decided I'd like to have a thin cover for around-the-house-protection to repel liquids, prevent scratches, ward off the occasional pet foot, etc., when I'm not reading. I like the idea of not having to jack around with the hinges in the leather case every time I wanted to use my device without a cover. But not for $44.
I was so disappointed in this that I would have rated it 1-star, except it's not a crappy product. 1-star should be reserved for crap, not personal disappointment. But for $44, IMO it can't be rated more than 2 stars.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very nice case for the Kindle DX. Fit snugly and adds extra protection to the unit.Published 18 months ago by D. Thayer
I spent a long time laboring over witch cover/protector would best suite my needs and reading the reviews. This is a great product of high quality and more than fair price. Read morePublished on July 11, 2014 by stephen
Fits the DX perfectly, keeps the dust out. I live a rather nomadic lifestyle, so having a zipping protective case is imperative.Published on July 4, 2014 by Kevin S.
It was not exactly what I wanted,I wanted a device that would make it appear as a book like my paperwhite. It will protect it which was very important.Published on June 13, 2014 by judith valesky
This case feels padded and comfy for my Kindle.DX. I like the double zipper that opens wide for easy access. Read morePublished on June 4, 2014 by Linda
Look for Similar Items by Category