Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 5,055 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,343 reviews
on May 7, 2013
I purchased the surge protector by Belkin as it came with a $50,000 product protection warranty. After a few weeks my house had a power surge after a storm that resulted in the blow out of a new flat screen TV, a blu-ray player and cable box. As, requested, I sent the protector to the company, at my expense, and was told they could not prove that the protector was faulty. Those items were plugged directly into the protector and other appliances on other surge protectors were unharmed. I was told that my claim would not be honored. I would say BAD PRODUCT and a COMPANY THAT DOES NOT HONOR THEIR GUARANTEES. Stay away from them.
1010 comments| 732 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2016
I have a TV, XBox, 5.1 speaker system, twc dvr box connected to this outlet. Works great normally. Recently though i had a lightning strike very close by. It blew out my xbox, the speaker system and the dvr box, all connected to this surge protector. The surge protector didn't trip !! Isn't this supposed to protect against surges ?
22 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2015
I bought this off amazon in June. Had a power outage in my building 3 days ago. It fried my laptop that was plugged in. Belkin responded to my question on here asking me to call them to take care of it. I was pleased with that and did . Just to let everyone know...of course, this has been a disappointment. I have received the run around for the past 3 days with various representatives that "cannot help me". See my attached picture of the laptop saying the hard-drive cannot be accessed anymore. We took it in to a computer repair place and to recover all data lost - $1500, plus a new laptop, plus a new surge protector. Belkin is not helping me with any of it. We have given them the requested proof that there was a power surge (the story was thankfully in the news) and proof of purchase, etc... No dice. DO NOT purchase Belkin products if you are looking to safeguard anything. I am seriously considering getting people together to make a class action lawsuit against Belkin and their nonexistent warranties. There are too many reviews that state the same info.

UPDATE - I have been in communication with Belkin daily and still getting the run around DAILY. the latest is they are sending me another form to fill out and then I will have to send them everything for them to look at. Their warranty telephone line has been out of service for the past three days so you cannot reach anyone, even if you tried. We have told them this and they still keep giving us that number to call. We did get an answer that data recovery is not covered under the warranty on THIS particular surge protector. That is the most valuable part of a computer! They will replace up to $150K of hardware IF you want to drive yourself crazy jumping through a million hoops, pushing back, getting fired up, asking for supervisors, posting on social media to get a response since you cannot contact them, etc... WE HOPE. Again, nothing has been approved, yet. But regardless, they will not cover the cost to have a company recover the precious data that I need for work. Period. Wow. Way to really stand behind your quality products that should not fail.
review image review image
1212 comments| 415 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2014
Don't buy this expecting Belkin to honor their "Equipment Plug-in Lifetime Warranty". They will not honor it. I had 3 surges and my desktop computer died. I sent in all the paper work as well as the piece of crap I bought. They sent it back and said "It checked good". "It didn't show any signs of arcing or failure" WELL IF IT DID, I'D STILL HAVE MY COMPUTER. IT DID NOT STOP THE SURGES.
11 comment| 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2015
I unplugged this Surge Protector once and the grounding pin broke.

I know on some devices it's designed to come off, in case you have only 2 prong outlets but this one broke without any force applied to it.
review image
22 comments| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2017
Belkin 6-Outlet Pivot-Plug Wall Mount Power Strip: "Filters EMI/RFI Noise Filtration 150 kHz~100 MHz (up to 40dB reduction)" Unfortunately, this outlet did not solve my problem of noise tripping my touch-control lamps. On the other hand, no other solution including other filters and ferrite chokes have worked either. This looks bulky and is bulky. If it is meant to be screwed over the outlet in place of the normal cover, it does not cover the hole and thus presents a shock hazard. I decided to screw it into place over the normal plate. Although the rotating sockets work, the entire thing is so thick that it is no better than just plugging into the old outlet. The real solution to tight quarters is to convert to a plug which has the cord coming out of the side.
on July 31, 2016
It's a good concept, and works OK for what I intended - powering a desktop PC and some accessories without having to set a power strip on a desk where space is scarce. However, it doesn't feel very sturdy. It's held on by one set of prongs in the upper socket and the small screw in the middle of the outlet. There is just a plastic prong for the bottom socket. I have other adapters that use full metal prongs on the top and bottom and they feel sturdier. I try to be careful not to push on it too hard when plugging or unplugging stuff. So far - so good. We'll see how it holds up.
on May 18, 2017
I believe that these just about the best power adapters you could imaging. My only suggestion would be to split right from left by using the bottom plug instead of all in one plug; but that doesn't impact performance. Being able to take up little space, have color choices and a great product with a warranty makes this my favorite product for power protection of my devices. If you do not use a power strip for your technology you're risking your investment. If you use something that takes up VERY little space and gives you the ability to move plugs to any position or angle (left and right) then you will be thrilled at Belkin's product.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 26, 2016
This is my second purchase of the same Belkin 12 Outlet Pivot Plug Surge Protector. I bought my first one a year ago and used it heavily. It was on the floor in a bad spot where people and pets had to step over it so I wasn't surprised when someone stepped on it for the 100th time a few days ago and it just stopped working. That is not the fault of Belkin. I just didn't care for the protector the way I should have.

Having said that, my husband I looked at a number of surge protectors for out TV, DVR, VCR, and many smaller electronics and this one fits our needs. It never failed on us for the year we used it, filling every outlet with different devices. We have had many sudden power outages and all sorts of crazy stuff happen but this surge protector appeared to protect our devices.Everything always worked after the surges. I like that the outlets on the outside swivel. It really helps to fit different sizes in there and also for convenience. I am able to fit big block plugs and standard two and three prong lugs side by side.

The unit has good weight to it and also has telephone jacks which we don't use but are useful for those who do. I don't know about the lifetime warranty. I didn't contact Belkin because the failure of our last unit was our fault and there was no damage to any of our electronics. The price has jumped $10.00 since last year but I still think this surge protector is a good buy and I have already hooked everything up to the new one and all is running smoothly. If I had any issues with my last one, I would never have gotten the same exact one again. My husband and I both felt this one worked well for our needs and we're pleased to have the new one up and running. We did change where it sits to better protect it from people tripping over it or stepping on it and that should prolong its life. It if it had a 10 foot cord, that would be awesome but eight feet is generally plenty for most households. Some have complained about this unit but we're very happy with it.
on September 3, 2017
I had two multiple outlet extensions behind my entertainment system and it looked like a rats nest back there. This solves a large part of that as I can now plug everything into a single power strip. Plus, this power strip has a very highly rated power surge protection level.

I have a number of power transformers that must plug directly into this power strip, and the eight rotating power plugs are nicely spaced for these. And if you have an extra-wide one, or an extra long one, as I do, the end plugs, and there are four of those, make connecting these transformers much easier. And even if you lose the use of one plug to accommodate a large power transformer, you still have eleven power plugs which is enough for most entertainment systems. I have successfully connected my TV, Blue Ray player, DVR, sound system (requires two power plugs), solar system monitor, modem and wireless router, and still have available plugs.