Belkin PureAV Mini-Stereo Extension Cable (6 feet)
- Cable extends the connection from your portable audio equipment to the mini-stereo jacks on CD players, MP3 players and more
- 24k gold-plated connectors and contacts provide maximum conductivity and prevent corrosion
- Integrated color-coding on connectors ensures easy identification and proper connection
- Spiral shield produces cleaner sound by reducing EM/RF interference
- Lifetime warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
BELKIN PURE AV AV20602-06 BLUE SERIES MINI-STEREO EXTENSION CABLE, 6 FT
PureAV Blue Series Mini-Stereo Extension Cables from Belkin allow connection of portable audio equipment with mini-stereo jacks, such as CD players, digital audio players, sound cards, headphones, and portable multimedia speakers. Simply plug in one end of this 6-foot cable to your mini-stereo audio cable and the other end to your audio component to allow longer distances between your components. The superior design ensures maximum signal transfer and reduces interference for a natural, more accurate sound.
Top customer reviews
However, after a few weeks of use, it started to cut out and provide poor acoustic reproduction with intermittent static and sound loss.
More than one reviewer found these same problems. Looking back on my purchase, I am not sure why I bought it since I normally look closely at the reviews.
Another design issue it has relates to the size of the ends; they will prevent the extension from making full contact with many mobile phones that are contained within a case. This is especially true of the iPhone.
There are many other styles of M-F audio extension cables that cost less, do not have the quality issues and that are slender enough to fit within the recess of the case of a mobile phone.
I would not recommend this product.
April 2013 - - - - Downgrading my initial review to 1 star after the connection failed again. The internal wires on this cable are extremely small and flimsy, and will continue to break with any significant use. If you really like this cable, buy a few because they are going to fail frequently. As far as I'm concerned, I went back to radio shack and bought another one like my previous cable that lasted 4 years - for $7! This one? in the trash.
This cable feels lovely in the hands and it looks great! in fact I had a few people over the weekend ask me if it was a MONSTER CABLE. I fooled them and said yeah it cost me 100 dollars. funny enough, they bought the false info. I then revealed it was a belkin.. blew them away.
The build quality feels sturdy, and seems like this cable will give me years of service.
the connectors are 24K gold plated and will give you a really nice snug highly conductive connection
UPDATE 09/28/2012: I never really got to use it heavily and today I used it, there is a very big time abnormality with frequency response. I am listening to Let me Love You by Ne-Yo it totally screws up all the frequency responses. Went to another song, the frequency response is abysimal. REFUNDED. Found out that this cable does NOT have compatability for TRRS connectors (iPhone headsets / Any headset with a mic or controller in line. This cable ONLY takes TRS do not plug a TRRS headset into it, it will not work correctly and your frequency response will be trashed out of the box!
Bottom line? For this kind of money I expect TRRS connectivity, move on. Buy the cable I bought below, It's 17 cents more but your buying yourself compatability. oh yeah and a lifetime warranty backed by Startech. Belkin has a bad rap sheet for customer service with me. I have lots of Startech products, many many VGA cables run around this house and they have replaced a few of them even after 5 years of normal use because they would die just sitting there.
If you are insistant on saving 17 cents I think you should thnk again, your using this with a headset and the connectors weigh a TON. I could barey use it with my Klipsch, I had to use a lapel clip on my hip to keep the 1 ton connector in check!
StarTech.com MUHSMF2M 2m 4 Position TRRS Headset Extension Cable is what I recommend if you have a TRRS headset. The TRRS cable offers backwards compatability, so if you plug a TRS headset into it, it works, a TRRS headset is respected nad the commands pass thru the cable. I bought the TRRS cable and got it today. 09/29/2012 review coming on the other ASIN. Loving it!
- Sturdy construction, gold plated connectors, thick sturdy cabling probably won't short easily
- Loose connector. It doesn't take but the slightest pulling or tug and the male end of my headphone cable slides out of the extender cable. The design shouldn't be so loose; it should snap in and remain firmly connected. This isn't the case, unfortunately. It's a pretty glaring design flaw, that results in the cable constantly coming unplugged.
- It's a decent cable, works if it is kept perpetually loose; if the slightest stress is applied, it comes unplugged. I wouldn't purchase it again, but that's just my personal experience. For some it might function perfectly.