Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 270 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 290 reviews
on April 30, 2015
Works great, don't believe the sales/advertising BS at places like Best Buy where they try to sell you $20-50 subwoofer cables, especially those with the "Monster" brand name on them...anything over ten bucks is a scam!

Got this when a $2 subwoofer cable I bought off of eBay failed. Hahaha, there are limits to thrift after all. :D
on November 12, 2011
I use mine between the Sub out on a Pioneer VSX1021-K and a Bic America F12 Sub Woofer. The connection is solid allowing all the right stuff through to create sweet,smooth, and clean low notes. I'll be buying more of these in the future as I add systems to our casa.
on December 30, 2004
Just bought this cable from Amazon and received it in two days! I ordered a Subwoofer for my AV system from Amazon and then realized I needed a cable. I shopped around the local big box store thinking their prices and selection would be similar to Amazon, but I was wrong. I didn't think the cables they offered were worth the money. Some of the Monster cables were over $40, and the cheapo quality ones were still over $20, and looked like they wouldn't sound very good. So I checked out Amazon and found this 15 foot cable by Belkin. It looked about the same quality as monster, so I decided to give it a shot. So far I am very impressed with the quality. It seems every bit as good as the more expensive Monster cable, but at about 1/4 the price! With gold plated connectors, double shielding and a heavy outer covering, this cable is top notch...don't let the cheap price fool you. I'd say it is a much better value than the other brands.
on December 24, 2011
Quality product. Quality price. Does what it's suppose to do. What's not to like? If you need a decent sub woofer cable, buy this one! A no-brainer!
on June 30, 2013
I had tried the Mediabrige but the jacketing was not only unnecessarily thick and made out of a type of plastic that is almost impossible to lay flat. Being a type of plastic is wants to stay in the coiled circle shape it was shipped in. It was kinda like a soft form of barbed wire so to speak. I could not force the Mediabridge under my base boards toi hide the wire without breaking something. I then ordered these Belkins. Big difference, not in sound but how the jacketing is a soft rubber and will lay flat and stay where you put it. Was easy to slide under my base boards. Belkin makes quality stuff. Wished I had bought these Belkins first.
on October 29, 2010
I got this to use with my HTIB surround sound (onkyo makes the best HTIB btw). This cable makes it easy to find a home for a subwoofer...normally big and ugly haha. Just connect it to the LFE output on your receiver and then to the sub. You have to have an active subwoofer to use this cable..."active" meaning that there is an amp built into the subwoofer enclosure. One way to tell is, do you have to plug your subwoofer into a wall outlet??? If the answer is yes, there is a 99.999% chance that the sub is a powered subwoofer and thus this cable is what you need.

Smaller/less expensive/less powerful subwoofers are passive = they just need regular speaker wires like the rest of the speakers in the system. The cable is nicely built, firm connection, flexible enough to be practical...great price. Get one!

Note: this review is geared towards the more basic home theater setups so please don't leave crazy comments about some assumptions made above....if you have electrostatic speakers they need to be plugged in...if you have a passive sub that comes with its own separate amp...they you could use this cable...blah blah blah. I'm trying to keep it simple :) Post comments if you have questions
on January 8, 2011
This cable works fine when all the equipment is turned on, but when my receiver is in standby mode, the subwoofer emits a constant low-pitch hum. Initially I thought it was a fault with my receiver but I tried it on two other receiver/subwoofer systems and had the same problem. I ending up buying another cable from radio-shack and it seems to work much better.
on March 20, 2009
I needed a slightly longer subwoofer cable to replace my 12ft Monster THX subwoofer cable (bought it at Best Buy when used to work there ages ago). I replaced with this cable. No difference in sound quality of course, works just fine.

If you want a well priced, quality subwoofer cable, look no further. The only the difference between this and the Monster cable is the Monster cable looks prettier and it latched on to the input like glue. To me it was more annoying as I really had to yank to pull the sucker out to be replaced, but I suppose some people like this. That's it, period. Sound quality is the same to our ears.
on May 26, 2015
This cable is really sturdy, and is working great with my 12" Polk subwoofer. The sound is really good.
The length is also a + as it is long enough to put your subwoofer pretty far from the receiver.
on January 22, 2015
The Belkin cable feels fairly well built and works as advertised. My only gripe (4 stars) is that the connectors feel a little more loose than I would have hoped. Overall a nice product for the money.