Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 268 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 289 reviews
on June 30, 2013
I had tried the Mediabrige but the jacketing was not only unnecessarily thick and made out of a type of plastic that is almost impossible to lay flat. Being a type of plastic is wants to stay in the coiled circle shape it was shipped in. It was kinda like a soft form of barbed wire so to speak. I could not force the Mediabridge under my base boards toi hide the wire without breaking something. I then ordered these Belkins. Big difference, not in sound but how the jacketing is a soft rubber and will lay flat and stay where you put it. Was easy to slide under my base boards. Belkin makes quality stuff. Wished I had bought these Belkins first.
on August 7, 2013
I bought two of these... i'm guessing I didn't see that these came in greater lengths... not sure, but got two and plugged up my subwoofer to my new Pioneer 1023K receiver. I joined the cabels with a RCA coupler that I've used in the past for audio cables. within minutes, the subwoofer just hummed, like there was no tomorrow. I read many reviews and what to do to get rid of the hum. all the ground loop eliminators I found, the reviews were towards auto engine noises etc and none were directed towards home A/V receivers. I read a lot about grounding issues within a house and how it's best to use 1 receptacle opposed to multiple, but then it hit me... the subwoofer box doesn't have a ground pin, so that didn't make sense.

Then an electrical engineer friend asked... if it didn't hum before it could be the receiver but did you try using other cables? sure enough, 'other' older thinner cables work fine. then I tested 1 of the new cables and it was fine, but then the second one - HUUUUUMMMMMMMM!... so one cable is worthless and the other is good... at least for now.

for $5, i'll throw it out or use it to tie something out back. I just ordered a coax 35 footer double shielded and this thing looks like it belongs in the space shuttle and only cost $16... i'm wondering if it's going to be hummm free.

Hope this helps.
gave it 3 stars, because there was no 2.5. for the one that works I guess it's a 5 star rating, but the other one is a zero star, therefore 3 stars!
on April 10, 2014
i was going to shop best buy BUT remembered their ridiculous dollar gouging prices!so searched amazon for decent priced gold cables.so when i stumbled across the high powered BIC Subwoofer/these cables popped up as well&im glad they did at only $5+?OMG they are awesome gold plated!was going to get a more expensive brand but read up on these&rev were good.plus prime ship?i was sold.ordered 1 then went back for 2 more!i just wanted to test the 1st 1 out&it's all good!def worth more than $5.they are nice&thick cables to with decent shielding from interference.very tight when u connect them to the subs also/good sign when its nice&tight.i usually spray just a bit of wd40 on the rca jack parts for a better bond on the conection.they say it helps with sound quality&electrical contact.so i do this to all my rca/Hdmi cables as well.only a small amount ok lol.get these nice priced gold cables if u luv great quality gear@ affordable prices!
on April 30, 2015
Works great, don't believe the sales/advertising BS at places like Best Buy where they try to sell you $20-50 subwoofer cables, especially those with the "Monster" brand name on them...anything over ten bucks is a scam!

Got this when a $2 subwoofer cable I bought off of eBay failed. Hahaha, there are limits to thrift after all. :D
on October 29, 2010
I got this to use with my HTIB surround sound (onkyo makes the best HTIB btw). This cable makes it easy to find a home for a subwoofer...normally big and ugly haha. Just connect it to the LFE output on your receiver and then to the sub. You have to have an active subwoofer to use this cable..."active" meaning that there is an amp built into the subwoofer enclosure. One way to tell is, do you have to plug your subwoofer into a wall outlet??? If the answer is yes, there is a 99.999% chance that the sub is a powered subwoofer and thus this cable is what you need.

Smaller/less expensive/less powerful subwoofers are passive = they just need regular speaker wires like the rest of the speakers in the system. The cable is nicely built, firm connection, flexible enough to be practical...great price. Get one!

Note: this review is geared towards the more basic home theater setups so please don't leave crazy comments about some assumptions made above....if you have electrostatic speakers they need to be plugged in...if you have a passive sub that comes with its own separate amp...they you could use this cable...blah blah blah. I'm trying to keep it simple :) Post comments if you have questions
on November 10, 2012
Have had a number of cables by Belkin over the years. They have generally performed and lasted longer than other brand cables. So I thought I would give this budget priced subwoofer cable a try. It does not disappoint. Cable is of moderate to heavy gauge wire, snug fitting gold plated RCA plug ends and is not stiff at all. It looks like it will last a long time. Especially seeing as all it has to do is just sit there passing electrons. Its not like its getting handled every day. The PureAV did not add any static, crackle, noise or hum to the sub. Anyway.....

Does it color the bass? I don't think so, and unless the cable made an obviously noticeable change to the sound of the bass I wouldn't be able to tell anyway. Lets face it.... its just a cable. When was the last time someone listened to your stereo and said "Wow! What great sounding cables you have!!!" LOL!

The fact is I am very pleased with the sound of the BIC America F12 12-Inch 475-Watt Front Firing Powered Subwoofer and Yamaha HTR-4064 5.1 Channel A/V Receiver that the PureAV cable connect together. What more can I say?

You can spend more, but its not going to buy you more.
on June 28, 2015
The material quality is very good, however the over-engineered plugs cause a poor connection as it wobbles in the jack. This cable may work just fine depending on the design of the center pin connection in the jack. The loose connection created distortion and vibrations on the floor would wake the sub-woofer up from standby mode. The split center plug can damage the jack connections. If I were to re-design the plug, I would eliminate the split center and make the outer coaxial connection a cylinder shape. The current design only grips from the tips and that causes the plug to wobble.
on July 15, 2013
The cable that came with my Orb Super Eight subwoofer broke at the connector end, so I ordered this as a replacement. Although I concede it might be due to something in another part of the system, there's a dreadful and annoying buzz I hear only when the sub is on, and which increases with volume as the sub's volume is increased. I tried the sub with 2 other cables audiophile friends of mine lent me, and in neither case was the accompanying buzz present (same music selection and system configuration). But once I reconnected the Belkin, the buzz returned. A positive is our condo neighbors must love how constantly quiet our condo is lately. The buzz is just too much an annoyance to bother playing music anymore, so until I can swallow my indignation and shell out the cash my music-snob friends did for their cables, I'll just stick to my headphones.
on August 5, 2013
If your gonna buy a great! subwoofer audio cable, is a great one to buy. When you buy cheap cable cords, you get what you pay for. Just like speaker wire, if your gonna buy, that really thin speaker wire. Your not gonna get great! sound, that will pull power threw your speakers. The price of this subwoofer cable, is not expensive at all it's affordable.
on February 27, 2013
I bought this cable as it appeared to have good shielding and solid connections. I was not mistaken in thinking that. I use this to connect my Polk PSW10 to my Yamaha HTR-5930 receiver.

I was worried as some reviewers have indicated getting interference and noise, but the cable that I received did not have any of those limited problems. I do understand that the noise & interference is an issue that does happen from time to time and I feel that you will experience that on a limited basis with any brand that you purchase. If it happens just return the product for a new one. It's hard to go into great detail about the cable. It seems very well insulated and does it's job transferring signal from my HTR to my subwoofer. Good cable and would highly recommend it as it's a good length for most people at 15 feet long. I would buy this again if I ever had a need for another one.