- Brand Name: Belkin
- Model Number: F8Z274btBLK
- Manufacturer Warranty Description: 1 year warranty
Belkin Rockstar Multi Headphone Splitter (Black)
- Five jacks for attaching headphones or iPod devices
- One hard-wired connection for your MP3 player
- Mixing and fade-ins controlled by the standard controls of each MP3 player
- Also works with all MP3 and portable DVD players
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Belkin Rockstar Multi Headphone Splitter
RockStar makes it fun to create your own music experience. Connect up to five headphones, and your iPod, to start sharing. Or, add another iPod to mix songs and listen together. Works with all MP3 and DVD players, as well as other portable media devices.
Top Customer Reviews
I had an iPhone 4s plugged in as the source. There were three 16 Ohm earbuds and a 16-ish Ohm over ear set plugged in t the Rockstar. All the headphones were able to produce reasonably good volume with very listenable distortion, etc. I plugged each earphone set both in and out while listening to music on one of the other earbuds. Although I could hear a slight increase in volume when one of the plugs was removed, it was far less than I had expected.
My conclusion is that this is a very well engineered product. Belkin should consider changing the insulation on the wires because it is too stiff.
Note what it cant do:
- adjust individual volumes. Different models and brands of headphones have different volume response. If you have a loud and a soft headphone plugged in at the same time, you won't be able to adjust them using this device.
- pass signals back to the player. This is a two-stripe plug not a three-stripe plug. Your inline player remote won't work.
- amplify the signal. There is a very slight but noticeable drop off in volume as more jacks are plugged in. Not by itself a deal breaker, just a heads up. (Fortunately, human perception of "loudness" is logarhythmic, so the drop-off isn't linear, and some players do compensate for increased resistance).
For my needs (movie sharing on trips) this device is suitable. YMMV.
I tested it with a iPhone 6 and plugged in 5 headphones (earbuds and over the ear headphones) and I was totally surprise how little of a sound drop off there was when I plugged each one in. Sometimes I could not even tell when another one was plugged in. After several combinations of plugging different types of heads[hones in and being satisfied I tried plugging in a second device (Samsung Galaxy S6). I was awesome you could hear both musics playing at the same time. It was fun combining 2 music styles and being able to turn each device up or down. No sound drop off with 2 devices and 4 sets of earphones plugged in. It is worth the few extra dollars to get a splitter that works so great.
Tested with the following devices and worked great:
Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S4
iPods (older and newer ones)
Overall its a handy device for sharing all the things on your multimedia devices with up to 4 people and is a great accessory for anyone who enjoys music,movies and more.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We bought this in advance for a trip overseas with our kids with the idea in mind that we could all watch the same movie together, each with our own headphones. Read morePublished 15 hours ago by Tamara41
Have you been on a flight for long hours watching a movie on your laptop? You can split a headphone between 2 people, but how can you do 3? I bought this for that reason. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Annie Tran
I get this for my listening center in my classroom and it is genius. It allows five students to listen on one device and really makes the most of my reading center time!Published 5 days ago by Nicole Wickstrom
Great for in the car or on a plane with several kids watching the same movie on their own headphones.Published 6 days ago by Jteedee
I was looking for a splitter that does not reduce/attenuate the volume/signal. This one does.Published 6 days ago by weltwind
I bought it to adapt a 5.1 speakers system to my laptop and it works great!Published 7 days ago by Nora Chinea
Perfect to connect our outdoor speakers for outdoor movie nights!Published 9 days ago by Sheri Miller Story
It works great. They provide a longer cord in the package to use with the belkin. The volume on my computer is really low so I watch shows with my friends with the belkin with our... Read morePublished 10 days ago by daminda
Bought for my seven year old and four year old to both be able to watch the tablet together with their separate headphones. It works great. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Food For Thought