PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited

Showing 1-10 of 3,491 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,837 reviews
on December 12, 2011
I'm no technician, and some of the reviews here made me quite skeptical of this piece of equipment . . . so for those of you out there who, like me, just want to know if these things work, they do. They work perfectly. I received mine (2 of them) today and promptly plugged them in to see if both ends of each splitter played full audio. I have just the track to test this out; one with audio going back and forth between left and right channels. Testing this out in every case, I could hear both left and right channels through my headphones, just as I would have hoped. This tells me that the item is NOT simply channeling the left audio into one end and the right audio into the other end, but sending a "stereo" signal into both ends of the splitter. Also, the plugs fit and "seat" nicely, so I'm confident there will be a good quality and consistant sound coming through when it's time to put them to good use. Though the price is incredibly low, you can purchase with confidence! Oh, and in case it sounds like I work for Belkin or for the company selling this product, nope, I just wanted to clarify the issue since I was so confused reading so many reviews saying two different things. Now that I have mine, there's no confusion here!
1212 comments| 611 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2017
Firstly I bought this headset splitter because my new laptop came with only one plug for both the heapdhones /microphone,After a bit of research, This adapter allows the use of the microphone on the two plug headphones and also to use the microphone plug to record from an outside source.then I got the splitter.
Recently I have find another way to use it well.I have brought two Meidong E6 wireless headphones with noise cancelling Meidong E6ANC Bluetooth Headphones Active Noise Cancelling Headphones Wireless Stereo headphones with Microphone, Ergonomic Design for Kids Adult-Black,Black for boyfriend, rosegold for me,then we can have a quiet night listening and proceeded to have an intimate moment with this genius of a song with the headphones splitter,I use it almost every day even on two 7-hour flights, it can reduce aircraft noise well and support 3-4 hours wearing comfortable.With the headphones splitter,my boyfriend and I could use it watch movie without interfering others while flying, my rosegold boyfriend black,nice color.There could be a perfectly good headphones I have bought 3 pairs headset before, but sadly broken within 2 month,then i bought meidong e6 at an affordable price, it looks not cheap,good sound quality & comfortable,i love it. The splitter works well with two headphones, Both pairs of headphones work fully, no wastage in sound, as the advertised "Share Audio on Two Headphone Sets". it worked just the way I needed it to. I'm satisfied.
review image
on October 20, 2015
This is within our top purchases ever! Worth every single penny. We bought these for a trip. Hooked them onto the laptop, both of us enjoyed equal sound. Instead of only one ear listening to the ambient sounds on a place, we were able to zone everything out on the place and when not in use, it tucks away easily in a pocket. She gets to listen and so do I. Also, this helps bc when the earphones get detached, the earphones act as light duty ear plugs.
on June 16, 2017
I wasn't sure if i needed it at all but i'm glad that i bought it.

1. It is compatible with AmazonBasics Lightweight headset and the Eboot 3.5 mm Stereo headphone jack adapter. I am using this to connect to my Williams Overture 2 digital piano to be able to practice and play without bothering my family or my neighbors too much.
2. Came in a secure and good quality packaging.
3. Compatible with my MacBook and my Sony Experia phone.
4. Great way to be able to share and enjoy music or shows you are watching with your own individual headsets.
5. Great price.
review image
on June 18, 2013
the audio volume(decibels) does drop a little bit when using this splitter for 2 pairs of ear phones, This obviously is expected.

I use these to share movies with a friend on my laptop on trips. I also use this as a connection to my speakers for my desktop so I also have a free slot to simply plug in my headphones without worrying about unplugging anything else. I do
this because my on-board audio broke, but the front slot did not.

You can expect the audio decibels to cut in half, because the jack won't put out more. Don't use a ton of these to make a giant chain of audio splitters for like even 4 headphones because there are ohm resisters within any speaker, and the jack can only take so little before you blow it out. The more speakers you add, the less ohms exist, and too little or too many ohms and you break the jack or your headphones.
on August 27, 2017
You have to wiggle the cord when you connect it if you cannot hear the sound properly. I could hear the instruments far louder than the vocals and I knew something was wrong- so I wiggled the cable and it seems to fix the problem. Don't want to go through the hassle of returning it, so I'll keep it but I think it kind of sucks.
on January 22, 2017
Wanted something to use while my wife and I ride the subway - I bought this and we are using it to hear music together.
Very nice product and we use it daily.
Easy to use and no problem with it
on May 22, 2017
After reading the reviews I was worried about buying this. Some complained about a decrease in sound quality or volume (volume would be understandable/fine).

After testing it out with a friend, it seems clear that we can't hear any noticeable differences while listening with E10s. Then again, this is from a layman and not an audiophile.
on July 16, 2017
Purchased this item so two people could watch movies on the iPad together. Despite what some comments said, this actually split the audio channels into the separate headphones, NOT stereo to both. This means one pair got only dialogue and the other got background channels. Made the device worthless for its intended purpose.
on July 6, 2016
This is my first headphone splitter I purchased. I couldn't resist the price. I bought it for my boyfriend and I to use on a trip on a ferry to a neighboring Caribbean island so we could watch movies from my laptop with our earbuds simulatanously. I love the concept of the splitter. However, my earbuds (a Sony) fit snug in the hole but the tip wasn't wide enough to touch the insides of the splitter hole so only one earbud was playing clearly and they other ear was low. However, my boyfriend's earbud that came with his Samsung phone worked perfectly.