Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,561 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 2,490 reviews
For a quick and easy hub, there are little better. I initially bought this for a Wii so I could get my Rock Band stuff to work...the set I bought didn't include a hub for the connectors, but fortunately the "U" in "USB" meant that this would have cross platform compatibility.

After I stopped with the Wii, I put this in my travel kit along with my power point clicker, mouse, etc. It's handy because for presentations I don't always know what kind of equipment will be in the venue, so having a basic hub handy is a good thing. This is small enough that I don't even notice it in my bag, and that means I'm never tempted to leave it behind.

It works, no fuss, no bother, no issues. I'm really happy with it.
on February 23, 2016
I take this with me everywhere!!! My family constantly is breaking my USB on my computer, so I plug this one in, and attach it to the computer (hello Duck Tape!) and the kids are ONLY allowed to use this device for plugging anything in. Save your pc!! Order this now! Check the pictures out below. I have two of these for my home. One is on my laptop, and one on my PC. The one pictured is from my laptop. This one has been everywhere with me! Thrown in my bag, in my purse, taped to the inside of the laptop, all over. I've had it for years and it has never failed me...and I have NOT been gentle with it! The Belkin USB 2.0 4-Port Ultra-Mini Hub us a must have for anyone with a PC and USB. I actually didn't buy these fast enough on my old PC. The kids had taken their USB in and out and ruined two of the front ports before I realized what the issue was. When we got a new pc, the first thing I did was tape these to the PC/laptop and ALL KIDS must use the Belkin, it saves you so much time, money and effort, replacing expensive hardware in your computer...and that's if you are brave enough to do the work yourself. Great product! Let me know if this review was helpful! This is definitely a purchase worth making.
review image review image
on July 1, 2017
I've been using this specific USB hub model, a grey Belkin F5U407, for 5 years during which it's been on for about 4 years and 9 months. Connected to it are always a mouse (multiple models, 1000 Hz polling rate, no lag), a keyboard (several models, mainly an Apple keyboard), a Steinberg eLicenser / Syncrosoft dongle, and an iLok dongle (previously v1, now v2). I've never had a single problem with it on both Windows 7 and 10. That's why I got another one for backup, even though I don't expect it to break any time soon, because USB hubs are rarely this compatible with everything including USB dongle keys. Proven long-term reliability doesn't go unappreciated.
on August 27, 2016
Not being a powered USB hub, it should obviously not be used for things like self powered page scanners or rotational hard drives, basically anything with a motor. It's great if you want to plug more memory sticks into a netbook than you have USB ports for.

That said, the last time I ordered one of these, June 2014, it cost me $7.99, which seemed a very good deal. Now it appears to be priced $29.99, which is totally absurd. Nobody in their right mind should pay that much for this. I'm not saying it is junk or anything, it isn't, but for a price this high, one can buy high quality POWERED hubs with even more ports. This thing is small, rugged, lightweight, and reliable, which is nice, but it is not the sort of device which one should never expect to pay more than about $15 for at the most.
on December 21, 2016
I purchased this item in March 2010 and just came across it again as I was looking for a new hub. I had not realized that I made this purchase that long ago. Yes this hub has been connected and in use without any issue whatsoever for almost 7 years!!! (jinxing myself) ... 2 ports are permanently connected to external devices and 2 are frequently and regularly used for USB drives ..no problems whatsoever. I would not pay the current price ( 5X what I paid in March 2010), but this perhaps does speak to the quality, durability and reliability of Belkin products.
on June 1, 2014
I wanted a USB hub urgently since I forgot my USB Hub at home while travelling.
I ordered the Belkin Hub as it is from a branded manufacturer and I have already used a belkin USB Hub earlier.
the hub works perfectly fine without any issues at all.. its as simple as it can be.
some people say that this deisgn is not good since it lays wires all around on the desk..... i would say it all depends what devices are you connecting in...
I work with a Laptop, a Monitor, a Keyboard, a Mouse, a License dongle, a Serial Port analyzer & Flash programmers.... The laptop ofcourse could not provide so much ports... since I already have me desk with so much wires... I don't bother for its its design.
moreover, the USB Hubs which have all ports on one side have issues connecting multiple devices with broad form factor.
The LED shows the connected status, althought nothing special but worth it.

The USB hub is great and the price point is absolutely pratical. Go for it if you want a simple and cost-effective port expansion solution for USB devices.
on September 29, 2012
I spend anywhere from 2 to 8 hours driving each day. On my dashboard I have a Magellan GPS that I like a lot, a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, and a SanDisk Sansa Clip+ MP3 player for audiobooks. I also have a phone that uses a USB plug-in for power.

I have a USB cigarette outlet adapter with a USB extension cord taped around the side of my dashboard with this plugged in to it. The short cable in this situation is actually an asset in that it helps to reduce the cable clutter a little.

This does EXACTLY what I want, and without any problems.
on October 3, 2012
4PORT USB 2.0 Ultra Mini Hub Silver

This little mini hub does exactly what is described.. it expands one USB port into four. It's small, lightweight, does not require an external power source. It has a little red light that shows that it is on. I've plugged three devices into it and they all work flawlessly. I even have my printer cable plugged in, and the printer works fine. It hangs down off my iMac and makes plugging USB devices in and out much easier than trying to get around to the back of the computer.
on June 28, 2016
I bought one of these. My daughter stole it for her laptop. I then got another one, so I can run my mouse and keyboard off the same port with two slots on this device still open and available for other devices.
on August 28, 2013
My mother contacted me because she needed a USB hub. I don't recall how she found out about them, but off I went to research what she needed. I first questioned her on her requirements, then researched the status of USB standards (now version 3.0 is out compared to the last time I needed to look), and then did my market research. I reduced it down to 3 hubs and this one won hands down due to it's compactness, support of old and new USB standard versions, and it looked like it was going to be easy for her to set it up on her own. My Mom, btw, is 75+ years old.

The report back from her was that it was exactly what she needed. She hooked everything up and it all just started working. No fuss at all, she said. I've got to give her a lot of credit for being pretty good with the computer.

The fact that I didn't have to troubleshoot it from 250+ miles away means I give it 5 stars too!

I bought it for her 3 months ago now and she hasn't had any troubles and I hope it stays that way. Belkin's products are reputable for quality and in this case a little ingenuity. Highly recommended!