|National Stock Number||7045-01-412-5317|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Belkin WaveRest Gel Mouse Pad , Black (F8E262-BLK)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Conforms to your wrist for maximum support
- Provides excellent tracking surface for your mouse
- Reduces wrist stress which can lead to repetitive motion disorders
- Promotes proper hand and wrist movement
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Belkin WaveRest Gel Mouse Pad , Black (F8E262-BLK)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Hippidion.US.Store||Rock City Beauty and Home||Amazon.com||Jelly Comb Direct||eBoot Online|
|Item Dimensions||9.25 x 12 x 1.5 in||0.79 x 7.68 x 9.25 in||1 x 9 x 8 in||9.37 x 13.27 x 1.5 in||0.7 x 11.4 x 12.8 in||8.03 x 11.57 x 1.34 in|
The WaveRest Gel Mouse Pad from Belkin lets you input data more comfortably and provides a smooth tracking surface for your mouse. Our specially designed ergo support pad is perfect when youre typing for long periods or surfing the Internet. The patented GelFlex Comfort Zone conforms to your hands curves and helps reduce wrist stress that could lead to repetitive motion disorders.
The Belkin WaveRest Gel Mouse Pad gives your wrists plenty of ergonomic support through a wave design that permits natural hand and wrist movements. The gel cushion creates contours that fit to the curves of your wrists and provides support as well. The surface lets your mouse slide smoothly and precisely along the pad, and the lightweight, durable design stands up to years of use.
Top Customer Reviews
As a few others have mentioned, this is a foam, not a gel, at least not in my universe. The pad part makes a 'crunchy' noise when moving your hand around which is annoying. What manufacturer in their right mind would think this is acceptable? The pad is too flat and not high enough to be supportive.
I've used this for 5 hours as I type this, and it is going in the garbage can. My palm actually feels bad, which is a new one. I have a feeling the 5 star reviews are shills, they only use it for a little bit and not for work, they have never used a gel pad before, or magically, they have received something completely different than I.
Most important, and the reason this thing is now in a trash can... Every time you move your wrist (and I mean EVERY TIME, even slightly, not just when you rest your wrist on it or remove your wrist) it makes an annoying crinkly noise, similar to a balled up plastic bag. Is there a plastic in there? I'm thinking that's what is... I'm reminded of the cheap carnival store prizes stuffed with balled up plastic bags. This was too much to live with; after 45 minutes of typing I threw the thing across the room. This would be a great CIA torture device; it drives you slowly insane. Screw sleep deprivation and waterboarding, it's time for the Belkin WaveRest! Every slight movement, ever inhalation, every exhalation makes it crinkle. I've begun hearing it in my dreams. I'm running down a hallway being chased by diaper-clad adult babies, then I open a door, and fall into a ball pit of rolled up plastic bags, while my father stares eating nachos with his mouth open. I wonder if Amazon sells Thorazine, and if it's eligible for Prime shipping.
Simply put, this thing fails at everything it attempts. What is a mouse pad? A flat thing to put your mouse on. The Belkin WaveRest? NOPE, not flat. What is the purpose of a wrist support? Added comfort when using the mouse. The Belkin WaveRest? NOPE, discomfort, and weird ear torture. How did this thing get past QC? It came in a box where it was held flat; when I removed it from the package the edges curled up like the brim of an old ballcap. Did nobody actually touch this product after it was completed? Is mine the only one with these issues? I feel like maybe someone got their lunch caught in the machine that makes these mouse pads and just said "screw it, nobody saw" - now I'm resting my wrist on 80% gel, 20% Subway wrapper.
Now I'm looking forward to the accompanying Belkin WaveRest keyboard wrist support which I ordered at the same time but was mailed separately, and is due to arrive Monday. Should I bother opening it, or toss it directly into the trash can? Lemarchand's shipping box, the Lament Configuration with branded packing tape... containing the official office accessory of cenobites of EVERY dimension.
Update- I cut open the wrist rest since it wasn't doing me any good and posted pictures of what's inside, it's definitely not gel!
1) Value for the Price: It's under 6 bucks so it's a value buy.
2) Is it for gamers or for everyday users? I'm not a gamer myself but judging by what other reviewers have contributed I would NOT recommend it for gaming because it is relatively small. Please, see photo(s) attached. Gamers often demand more real estate. There are other pads out there especially designed for gaming. This is NOT one of them.
3)Does it really smell? it does! But honestly the odor is barely that serious of an issue for me to make an impact as to not recommend it for potential buyers. In order for me to smell it now I have to stick it against my nose so... One more thing to be mentioned here: I don't have any allergies to smell or otherwise.
4) The wrist support, is it soft or stiff? It is rather stiff. How does it compare to older Belkin models? I don't know because it's my first. Do I like it still? Yes, I do.
5) Does it work best with laser or optical mice? I'm using Logitech M505 Laser Muse & it works great. But taking into account other reviews, the majority have pointed/hinted compatibility issues with their optical mice so if you have an optical mouse I'd look for else where just to be on the safe side.
6) Does it skid? Nope, it actually sticks really well on my desk's surface. You may refer to the product photos.
After all, I still think it is a good buy for the price, it meets my expectations & serves my needs. I hope my review would help you make a better buying decision.