|National Stock Number||7045-01-412-5317|
Belkin WaveRest Gel Mouse Pad with Wrist Support (Black)
|Price:||$8.87 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ergonomic mouse pad with wrist rest offers added comfort and support
- Reduces wrist stress that can lead to repetitive motion disorders
- Durable polyurethane surface provides exceptional tracking
- Nonslip rubber base keeps mouse pad firmly in place
- Lightweight, durable design endures years of use
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The WaveRest Gel Mouse Pad from Belkin lets you input data more comfortably and provides a smooth tracking surface for your mouse. Our specially designed ergo support pad is perfect when youre typing for long periods or surfing the Internet. The patented GelFlex Comfort Zone conforms to your hands curves and helps reduce wrist stress that could lead to repetitive motion disorders.
The Belkin WaveRest Gel Mouse Pad gives your wrists plenty of ergonomic support through a wave design that permits natural hand and wrist movements. The gel cushion creates contours that fit to the curves of your wrists and provides support as well. The surface lets your mouse slide smoothly and precisely along the pad, and the lightweight, durable design stands up to years of use.
Top customer reviews
As a few others have mentioned, this is a foam, not a gel, at least not in my universe. The pad part makes a 'crunchy' noise when moving your hand around which is annoying. What manufacturer in their right mind would think this is acceptable? The pad is too flat and not high enough to be supportive.
I've used this for 5 hours as I type this, and it is going in the garbage can. My palm actually feels bad, which is a new one. I have a feeling the 5 star reviews are shills, they only use it for a little bit and not for work, they have never used a gel pad before, or magically, they have received something completely different than I.
Update- I cut open the wrist rest since it wasn't doing me any good and posted pictures of what's inside, it's definitely not gel!
The wrist rest is a nice size and has an indentation to cradle your wrist or end of palm which is really nice. However the material inside is not very soft, with no give when you rest your wrist upon it. I am a large guy, not dainty wrists here, so the material is pretty stiff. It also makes a crunchy sound kind of like styro foam or plastic sheeting.
Overall I am not happy with the product and find my old worn out pad more comfortable and forgiving. The problem is this mouse pad comes in blister packaging, so you have to cut it apart to remove the item, therefore leaving you unable to return it.
1) Value for the Price: It's under 6 bucks so it's a value buy.
2) Is it for gamers or for everyday users? I'm not a gamer myself but judging by what other reviewers have contributed I would NOT recommend it for gaming because it is relatively small. Please, see photo(s) attached. Gamers often demand more real estate. There are other pads out there especially designed for gaming. This is NOT one of them.
3)Does it really smell? it does! But honestly the odor is barely that serious of an issue for me to make an impact as to not recommend it for potential buyers. In order for me to smell it now I have to stick it against my nose so... One more thing to be mentioned here: I don't have any allergies to smell or otherwise.
4) The wrist support, is it soft or stiff? It is rather stiff. How does it compare to older Belkin models? I don't know because it's my first. Do I like it still? Yes, I do.
5) Does it work best with laser or optical mice? I'm using Logitech M505 Laser Mouse & it works great. But taking into account other reviews, the majority have pointed/hinted compatibility issues with their optical mice so if you have an optical mouse I'd look for else where just to be on the safe side.
6) Does it skid? Nope, it actually sticks really well on my desk's surface. You may refer to the product photos.
After all, I still think it is a good buy for the price, it meets my expectations & serves my needs. I hope my review would help you make a better buying decision.