Belkin WeMo Switch & Motion Sensor (Bundle No Longer Sold by Manufacturer) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Turn Electronics on/off from Anywhere
- Motion Control your Lamp, never walk into a dark room again
- Get SMS or Email Notifications when movement is detected at home (powered by IFTTT.com)
- You've already got everything you need: WeMo works with your existing Wi-Fi router and any Apple iOS (v5 or higher) and Android smartphones and tablets
- Modular system - You can add additional WeMo Switches and WeMo Motion sensors easily, any time. Control as much or as little of your house as you want to.
- Not compatible with Amazon Echo
- Not compatible with Amazon Echo
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Manufacturer
Program your lights and appliances to respond to movement
WeMo Switch and Motion
At a Glance:
- Remotely turn appliances and electronic devices on and off.
- Set schedules and receive customized notifications.
- Control using the free WeMo App on smartphone or tablet.
WeMo Switch and WeMo Motion Kit
If you can plug it in, you can turn it on and off just by walking into the room with WeMo Switch and Motion Kit. Simply plug the Motion A/C module into an outlet and position its sensor. Then, using a separate outlet for Switch, plug in whatever device you want to be triggered by motion. It's that easy.
Compatible with Apple (iOS 7 and higher) and Android (4.1 and higher), Switch works with your home Wi-Fi and router via 3G or 4G networks. It also works with iPod touch (5th generation and later), iPhone (4 and later), iPad (3rd generation and later), and the latest Android tablets.
What's in the Box:
- WeMo Switch
- WeMo Motion Sensor
- Quick install guides
Light Up a Room As Soon as You Enter It
Never walk into a dark room again. Using Switch with Motion Sensor allows lights to come on as soon as you step inside.
Totally Hands Free Means Totally Hassle Free
Turn on the lights even with an armful of groceries. Motion-controlled lighting frees you up from ever having to fumble for your phone or an out-of-the-way light switch.
Know When Someone Enters Or Leaves
By placing Motion Sensor near any door, you can receive notifications when someone opens it. Stay on top of anyone entering or leaving your home, or going in a room you want to keep secure.
Switch Off Devices When No One's Around
Save energy by setting devices like TVs, fans, and other frequently used appliances to turn off when no motion is detected. It's the perfect addition to any kid's room, living room, or man cave.
WeMo Is Completely Modular
WeMo products are designed to work together via the free WeMo App, allowing you to light and control as much or as little of your home as you like. Pair any products from the WeMo family to program and monitor multiple electronic devices or appliances throughout your home.
For example, you can add WeMo Light Switch to activate porch lights or ceiling fans when movement is detected. Or extend control to other parts of your home with a WeMo LED Lighting Starter Set. An Insight Switch will even let you know how much energy your appliances are using. The combinations are endless.
Multiple electronic devices can be controlled from the WeMo App, giving you instant visibility to every connected device. The WeMo App also works on multiple smartphones and tablets simultaneously.
Never Lift A Finger With Echo Voice Control
Amazon Echo (sold separately), lets you control devices plugged into Switch using just your voice. Brew your morning coffee without getting out of bed, or turn off the living room lamp simply by telling Echo to do it. Voice command also lets family or guests control connected devices without having to access the WeMo App.
Get Creative With IFTTT Automated Recipes
Keep track of the rhythms of your home by having Switch + Motion automatically log all detected movements onto a spreadsheet using IFTTT (If this, then that). You can also schedule lights to flash whenever any motion occurs. With IFTTT, you can create conditional relationships between your products and connect them to a wide array of online apps. Visit website to learn more.
- Size (LWH): 7.6 inches, 6.7 inches, 3.4 inches
- Weight: 1 pounds
TurnElectronics on/off from AnywhereMotion Control your Lamp, never walk into a dark room againGet SMS or Email Notifications when movement is detected at home (powered by IFTTT.com)You've already got everything you need: WeMo works with your existing Wi-Fi router and any Apple iOS (v5 or higher) and Android smartphones and tabletsModular system - You can add additional WeMo Switches and WeMo Motion sensors easily, any time. Control as much or as little of your house as you want to.
Top Customer Reviews
Turn one living room light on from "dusk" (definable in the iPhone/Android app) until 10:30 p.m.
From 10:30 to 11, a different light stays on
From 11 through "sunrise" if I walk out of the bedroom door, and the motion sensor senses me, it turns on two lights in the living room
If motion is detected from 10:30 p.m. through Sunrise at my front door, it turns on "ALL OF THE LIGHTS!"
I also use one of these in the winter to turn on my Christmas lights (they plug in indoors), my Christmas tree at night, and other Christmas lights on by motion if I'm around.
The kit is incredibly flexible, and once you get one set up and on your wifi, it can be controlled while you are AWAY FROM HOME! The best part.
You can drive up to your house and turn the lights on before you go inside!
That all being said, I did have a couple of them be a little difficult to get on the wifi the first time. As soon as you connect them, they want to update their firmware/software. Once that's done, they work great. Be patient if you have a little difficulty on the first go, it will work and then be 100% reliable after that.
I hope this has helped you understand how and why to use the device and how it might help you.
There is now a newer or different model of the wemo outlet control that can also track energy consumption. It is smaller overall, and has a touch sensor for the wifi. If you think you might be interested in that, you can find it here: Belkin WeMo Insight Switch, Control Your Electronics and Monitor Energy Usage From Anywhere with the Home Automation App for Smartphones and Tablets, Wi-Fi Enabled
Note: my hearing range may be higher than the average person as I also cannot drive my wife's 2008 Toyata Corolla as it makes almost the exact same noise ever since it was recalled for a pedal problem years ago. I complained to the dealer but they insisted they do not hear it and neither does my wife.
As for the motion sensor, I have this on my entry way table and it works fine but I never really found a use for it.
Setup is via an iOS app. You install the app, plug in the device, connect to the newly created WIFI network, and launch the app. Sounds easy. Except the app is very buggy on IOS 7 and wouldn't reliably fine the devices. Moving to IOS 6 fixed this.
OK, all setup. I can see the devices in the app. The app is super easy to use. It shows the devices and status. Kinda cool to hit the on/off button on the switch and the light clicks on without any delays. There's a wizard to help with the rules. Seems great.
But the motion sensor isn't firing the rules. It's sensing motion as indicated by the blue light on the motion sensor, but never reported back to the app or the switch. I try all of the debugging options, listed below. No luck.
So I call support. Level 1 support takes my info and says I should get a call in an hour or so. 3 hours later, I call back and have to provide all of my contact info and explain the issues again. I should get a call in an hour or so. 3 hours later repeat. I ask for a manager and than I'm escalated to a level 2 support person who asks again for everything. No solution. I'm told that level 3 support should be able to contact me, however only during business hours--when I'm at work.
Such a brilliant concept. But far far too buggy. This is an end user device and has to just work. Like a light switch (which is one of their products). But it's more like a very slick Proof of Concept.
They are both on my WIFI and I can see them on my
- IOS 6.1.3 / Touch App Version 1.2.2 (11792)
- IOS 5.1.1 / iPad 1 WIFI App Version 1.2.2 (11792)
- IOS 7.0.2 / iPad 3 WIFI App Version 1.2.2 (11792)
- Motion FW: 2.002769.PVT 96% WIFI G signal strength
- Switch FW 2.002769.PVT 92% WIFI G signal strength
The Switch performs fine. Using the app I can turn the switch on /off and the same for using the devices button.
The motion is visible on the app. The motion sensor turns blue with movement as expected, but the iOS app is always reporting "No Motion". Rules of course don't work.
Debugging so far:
1) rebooted IOS app
2) Unplugged both Switch and Sensor multiple times
3) Did a restore of the Sensor using the restore button
4) Did a reset of the Sensor using the IOS App reset function
5) Reinstalled IOS app
6) Changed the motion detection rule "If Motion than Turn On/Off with motion + X minutes at 12:01am-11:59pm" where X was immediate, 1 minute, 15 minutes
7) Disabled / enabled remote access
8) Deleted and replaced rule
9) Rebooted router
10) Used a different router
11) Called support and was told to expect a response in 1/2-1 hour. 3 hours later no call. I called again and was told 48 business hours. Huh?
Regarding phone support, it's need to be improved:
- 48H response time for a device that will be in the house isn't terribly useful for someone who has a job
- asking for the email address, but not sending the support # via email isn't very customer friendly.
- The 2nd time that I called it was clear that the level 1 support had no notes from the first call to level 1 support.
- The 3nd time that I called it was clear that the level 1 support still had no notes from the prior calls to level 1 support. I asked for a manager and was than provided level 2 support.
- Level 2 support has no notes from the prior calls either.