Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on December 17, 2007
A rear rack runs around twenty bucks. This price is really low for a rack plus a child seat (I purchased this on sale). Yes the seat does flex, but I don't necessarily see this as a safety issue for the child. The failure mode of rigid plastics like propylene is cracking, while this urethane will crease and turn white when over stressed. Anyway, which is safer in a fall is debatable and I think it would depend on the circumstances.

I will say the flexing makes balance and handling of the bicycle a bit strange. So if you are a bicyclist with iffy balance, or if you plan on high speed maneuvering, spending several times as much for a fancy seat would be worth it. If you're like me and stay around 10mph, and have decent balance, this does fine.

The mounting system worked fine on my 27" road bike. I even mounted to the thick main vertical tube instead of the seat post and it still fit fine. If you are short and have the seat in the lowest position you can try this like I did.

Bike weight balance with a 25 to 40 pound child is terrible, but this is going to be true with any rear mount seat you buy. My CroMo frame bike wants to wheelie when I get off of it! MTB or cruiser bikes will likely be better in this regard.

Mount kit comes with clear plastic sleeves to prevent paint damage, but I threw them away as my bike is already scratched to hell, I can't say how well they would have worked. The guys out there with fancy big buck bikes are probably looking at the other seat options anyway.

One star deduction for the flex, but it holds four stars for excellent value.
on April 27, 2009
The chair comes with a heavy and cumbersome mount that must replace your back rack. Well, turns out, it does not fit a fairly regular mountain bike with hydroform alluminum alloy tubes - the brackets that are supposed to clamp around rear triangle legs are too small and narrow. They can only fit a steel or street bike, which are not as common today. Wish they'd come up with a seat that can mount onto a regular rear rack.
on August 18, 2006
I bought this child seat for my three year old. The assembly took a while and the directions were hard to read. I did finally get seat assembled safety on the back of the bike. I did not find the bike seat to be a sturdy as expected, but it seems to work fine. I really like the handle bars on the front; I have my child climb up to the seat while I hold to handle to balance the bike. I also like how the seat itself wraps around all sides of my child just in case the bike would ever fall down. The bike seems unbalanced when I am putting my child in the bike, but once we get on the road everything seems to balance out fine. I will use this bike seat until my son gets too tall or too heavy for it to work.
on April 30, 2013
I was able to use this with my 18month old till she was almost 3 yrs old. It is sturdy and when she fell asleep during our bike ride, her feet were safely in the feet rests and her head could lean against the side of the seat comfortably. She loved it. The harness wasn't uncomfortable and she was able to move about while still being securely fastened. It works excellent in strapping in groceries or a backpack as well :)
on May 5, 2008
Installed the product last week and have taken bike rides withs my 17 month old (23 lbs) and 3 year old (31 lbs). Both liked it. Neither complained that it was uncomfortable. The seat does attach and detach very quickly. While I will agree that the higher parts of plastic are flimsy, I suspect it helps with the shock absorption. Have not read a review claiming the seat broke or snapped as some of the negative reviews seem to be concerned with.
on May 13, 2009
INSTALLATION TOOK LONGER THAN EXPECTED BUT ONLY BECAUSE THIS CARRIER IS REALLY ATTACHED TO THE BIKE WELL AND WON'T FALL OFF IF INSTALLED RIGHT! 18 MONTH OLD REALLY LIKED HIS FIRST RIDE. BE WATCHFUL THOUGH, WHEN HE FELL ASLEEP AND HIS HEAD WENT DOWN, THE HELMET STRAP SEEMED TO BE TIGHT ON HIS THROAT-COULD BE CHOKING HIM. CARRIER IS A GOOD VALUE- WE ARE HAPPY
on May 28, 2010
This seat was easy to put together. Easy to install on the bike frame. The only 2 problems that I have with this seat is : 1) The padding under my sons butt is lacking. Very hard ride for him. 2) The straps that go up and around his shoulders are not very comfortable.
Besides these two issues...Great product and MUCH cheaper than other models looked at.
on May 21, 2007
I researched a trailer and bike child carrier before making my decision.

I decided on a bike carrier since I preferred knowing if things were kicked up while riding they hit ME and not the trailer .. but it's a personal decision.

I'm happy with the Bell carrier. It's sturdy and not TERRIBLE to assemble (I have a 14.5" aluminum frame and it took a bit of convincing but it wasn't bad). I've had it out once and my son loved it .. so much that he fell asleep on it.

I'm definitely happy with my decision, and the Bell Cocoon gives a snug and safe ride for my son.
on November 24, 2013
It was difficult to install the base at first but you can remove the seat quickly. Plastice seems a bit flimsy on the side and the edges are a bit rough. Kids love it and feel safe in it.
on July 31, 2010
pros:
1.cheap
2.works
3.my kid likes it
cons:
1.rack clamps onto bike and scratches the paint (does not bolt into rack mounting holes)
2.bar is not movable so getting a 2year old in and out is difficult.
3.seat is not quick to remove/replace, if you plan to take the seat on and off.
4.shoulder straps do not stay on shoulders.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question