Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on October 5, 2011
I wanted a simple & cheap altimeter to have in the car and this fit the bill. For basic use in a car it's plenty accurate. I got it since I have to go over two mountain passes daily to go to work and snow season is coming.

It came with a weak battery but after replacing it the altimeter works fine. For as cheap as it is don't expect a lot. On the other hand I like electronic toys and this is a neat gadget to have in the car.
on December 14, 2011
I held no expectation on this alimeter considering
the low price. I live in New Hampshire on a high
hilltop in the center of the state 1330 feet high,
and that is exactly where this instrument measured
the altitude-wow! I use this everywhere driving;
amazing to be made aware of the incrimental
ascents and descents on the road. I had an altimeter
from Switzerland bought in the 1990's, and this one
is much better! What a nice surprise!
on December 1, 2011
I bought it hoping it had a min/max feature and could be used on rocket.
"Not for aeronautic use" means that it has too slow of a response time to be used on a rocket (water or otherwise), and lack of any kind of recording makes it moot.

That said, it works in cars or on hikes; it's proven itself with the Boy Scout altitude hike.
Calibrate it for current air pressure before you begin.
on September 6, 2011
Not a precision instrument, but for less than 10 bucks it is great. I bought it for my RV to have on the dash and I checked it against known elevations. The variation is only what you would expect from such a unit. I have a 60+ year old hand held barometric altimeter (which was top of the line then) and this little digital unit is right with it. Great value for the money and a great seller.
on January 2, 2012
The altitude readings vary very much and change with the air pressure.
I keep it stationary in my house. Unlike weather talking heads, this device is always correct to predict the weather change.
When I see that my house is up in the mountains or below the see level, I always know which way the weather is changing.
For the amount of money paid, I would not wish anything better.
on January 7, 2012
My husband wanted an altimeter to put in our car on road trips so he can see what altitude we are at! I looked all over our city, and our son asked if we had checked Amazon.com. I said No, so he got on the computer and found exactly what I was looking for in just a few minutes! I received it a very short time, and my husband was thrilled with it! Thanks Amazon.com!
on April 17, 2016
Works while we travel... Fun know how "high" you are.
on September 9, 2011
We live in the mountians, so as we travled, my wife was always saying, "I wonder how high we are here.' I ordered this for an anniversary present and she loves it. Easy to use and accurate (we checked).
on March 5, 2011
Uncomlicated for my grown up husband. He can't keep his hands off of it, must measure everywhere.. fits easily in the car. Bought 2 one for the r.v. And the price incomparison was GREAT
on January 17, 2012
Frequently when traveling, I want to know the elevation of my location, and this little altimeter fits the bill. It is inexpensive, attaches to the dashboard of my car, and gives me the information I want.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.