Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now Ellen

Size: Silver Sonic|Change

Showing 1-10 of 170 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 202 reviews
on September 6, 2012
The Silver Sonic Personal Sound Amplifier was ordered for my elderly mother. When it arrived, we opened it and tried it out. It failed immediately. I took the batteries out and they were so hot that they burned my fingers.

When we contacted the vendor to get a replacement or refund. This is what I received from R J Quality Products.

"We apologize but we will not be able to process this return because the item is not factory sealed."
Best Regards,
Elrad
R J Quality Products

What?? How could we tell if the Silver Sonic Personal Sound Amplifier was defective if we didn't open the package?

I would have given this item and vendor a Zero Star rating if one was available.
33 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2014
I noticed a trend when looking through these sound amplifying devices. they get unfairly poor ratings. it does what it says and depends on the environment you are in. I"m a supervised visitation monitor and I'm supposed to write reports about parent child visits, however sometimes these naughty parents try to whisper things to the children that they shouldn't, and sometimes there are other things going on and I don't catch what a child said. that looks bad on me so I looked carefully at all available devices to improve my hearing of conversation during these visits. I read all the reviews and didn't want to spend a ton of money.
this is a GREAT buy, if you don't have hearing problems.

the reviews are mixed of course but the trend I noticed is that people with good hearing say it works well, people with hearing loss don't like it because it doens't work for them. well it can't make your hearing come back but it can make you hear better.
there is a bit of background noise if you are in a room FULL of people. I found it difficult to concentrate on both my clients in a room of 50 people being very loud. but when we went outside where the sound carries better it worked EXTREMELY well! I could look at someone accross the playground and hear what they were saying. It works well in my opinion. and yes sometimes the background noise is frustrating but that just means you need to adjust the volume or settings.
I'm reccommending this to all my coworkers!
on March 20, 2016
My dad uses this all the time and can hear better with this than using an expensive hearing aid
on May 22, 2016
This little ear piece has really helped my dear mother who has had hearing issues as long as I can remember. It's so nice that she can out this in and hear so much better! A true life saver in my mind. You really don't appreciate your 5 senses unless u lose one!!!!
on March 25, 2016
I bought this for my 82 year old father, he hates his 4,000 dollar hearing aids but he loves this.
on February 21, 2015
Okay, but disappointing compared to the STEALTH which I have been using for years, easy to loose because it is black. The Bell & Howell, took forever to charge 48 hours before they worked, then they were undependable, and now they were in my fanny pack that fell off my edical scooter by my apartment complex, disappearing forever, very disappointing, will not reorder the Bell & Howell and I'm sure confusing to people who never had one because the accompaning booklet was all in SPANISH. The 800 # on the backpage never answered. They are easier to see when dropped because they are silver........ when the sound stops, recharged, doesn't work again. Very sad. As a toy fine, not a dependable hearing assist device. The Stealth wins hands down.
on May 12, 2013
I got this unit as replacement for the real hearing aide for an indigent patient. He had 90% of both tympanic membranes (ear drum) destroyed by infection. With its low setting and 50% volume level, he was able to hear normally. He now is able to go back to work.
The only downside is that we needed to replace the battery after 4 days of intermittent use. We probably got an old battery with the new unit. I just hope that the new battery will last longer.
I am thinking of getting another unit for him as reserve.
on December 21, 2014
My husband uses his Bell and Howell Silver Sonic whenever I read to him. He is hard of hearing, but not enough to buy expensive hearing aids. We tried these and they are great. Since my husband's vision is too poor to read, I read a lot to him, and we both enjoy books, together, thanks to this product.
on August 13, 2011
Got one of these for my 80 y.o. father.
Like all hearing aids, it amplifies everything - nothing to be done for that - but for the price, it works fine.
He likes the three different sized ear-plugs for fit, and the ear-hook to keep it in place, and unlike the ones with the mike/amp in a box with ear buds, it doesn't pick up the sound of being moved around.
He asked me to order another one, since he's not a slave to fashion and just wants to hear conversations again.
on February 2, 2015
Horrible and useless. I bought to hear church service better. It
Magnified all the "white noise" and couldn't hear the speaker at all. I hear vacuuming in distant rooms. Feet rubbing on floor...all random noise u would normally tune out. I could hear better without it. This is a peice of junk.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.