Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 201 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 211 reviews
on June 21, 2017
My previous half helmet was finally wore out. Was looking for a new half helmet that would provide adequate protection without being too large (ie.. mushroom head). I think this is a good trade off. There are some novelty looking helmets that are actually DOT approved (the sons of anarchy looking ones) but I don't trust them being so thin. The Bell Pit Boss is thick enough I think without being too large. I like the removable neck curtain. Would buy again.
on October 9, 2013
I do most of my riding in warm/hot weather. These new shorty helmets coming out are superb for this type of riding. The sunshade lens are fantastic. The retraction keeps the lens from getting scratched while stored! Absolutely love it. Bell's Pit Boss looks fantastic with this new flame series. The color and finish of the graphics are superb. Lastly, I spoke to Kyle at Helmet City and he was patient and answered all my questions. His response from my inquiry via Amazon was nearly immediate. Be sure to buy from Helmet City! These guys rock!

10/16/2013 UPDATE
I'm lowering my rating to 2 stars. Here is why...
1. I find the helmet hot to wear with not really any ventilation.
2. I thought the visor optics were causing distortion. Bell sent me a second lens. It appears this lens does the same thing. It appears to have a line of distortion right at eye level. I believe it has more to do with the engineering than the lens and maybe optical in nature and not a physical distortion.
3. When I went to change the lens, the hinge plastic piece broke. There are absolutely no instructions anywhere on how to change the lens. You basically have to wrench it out by pulling on both sides at the same time. Clearly, this helmet design is not meant to be switching out the lens every day to go from day to night lens's. Bell assured me the helmet has a 5 year warranty and I can send it back for full replacement. The hinges are not user serviceable! The helmet must be sent back to Bell every time they may break!
4. If it's night time and you have the tinted lens installed and have it retracted, there is a visually disturbing "black bar" handle that hangs down to your left side in the field of view. While you can ignore this, I find it a bit disturbing.
5. The size adjuster on the back works well, but is extremely dainty in quality. I'm wondering how long it will last. The plastic maybe as thin as 1/4" in some places. Not very beefy. It also hangs down a bit on the back of your neck below the helmet.

I'm wondering if I made a mistake buying this helmet and may send it back. The new scorpion 110 model has hinges that are user serviceable. They have ventilation as well! However, the Bell reputation is better known.
on July 25, 2017
Love how this fits snug on my head, haven't had a ride yet as our bike has been under repair but I don't think I'll have the "lift" I had with my old helmet. I didn't feel safe since my forehead was always exposed before but I will now. My glasses fit comfortably under the drop down eye shield and it's not crooked like some people have mentioned. Glad I finally took the plunge, first ride is tonight!
on August 27, 2016
Not quite the color I expected. In the picture it looks bright white. In person it almost has a silver hue to it.
On the plus side it looks great with my bike so that worked out.
Quality wise I am very pleased.
I normally use the DOT version of a skull cap so this is much larger than my old helmet. Although it is bigger I find the helmet to be more comfortable and balanced. The ratchet back provides for a custom fit and the pull down visor is a nice thing to have on those extra bright rides. May need to widen the nose cut out on the visor to give a little more room for my big nose to fit.
on June 1, 2017
Great helmet. Solid, built well, excellent detailing and the visor is super. I always have eye protection even when I forget my sunglasses or lose my goggles which happens too often.
on July 21, 2017
I tried on several other helmets before buying this one. Great quality helmet and the fit is spot on. It has an adjustment knob in the back to make it a perfect fit. This will help out this winter when wearing an insulated skull cap. You can’t go wrong with a Bell Helmet.
Con: It needs a quick release strap.
on April 14, 2016
Well made, quality helmet. The white helmet has a pearlized finish which looks great in the sun. I recommend buying 1 size larger than you normally would when buying a helmet. I returned a Large for an X-Large. Kudos to Amazon for their no-hassle return policy. I already own several helmets and bought this one because I live in Florida where it's quite warm. Hopefully the 1/2 helmet and white color will be a little cooler. Also bought the clear pull-down shield for when driving at night and I forget my clear glasses. Helmet comes with dark pull-down shield.
on October 15, 2016
Returned not as small as claimed. Bought a Crazy Al's helmet that is awesome!
on May 2, 2017
This is my second Pit Boss helmet. The drop down visor means that I don't have to have prescription goggles. I was in an accident with my last Pit Boss and it served it's purpose of keeping me safe. The only thing that I was surprised by was the silver pin stripe not depicted in my original order. (I thought I was ordering an all matt black helmet). Not a huge issue for me. The helmet on the date as promised.
on August 1, 2016
I love this helmet! Light weight and cool, but you do compromise some safety versus a full face. I wear mine on local rides. Great color, makes me look like Ponch from Chips!