Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 241 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 275 reviews
on May 19, 2015
Awesome helmet once you get used to it. Find some goggles that fit right with it and BOOM! Looks legit and no air gets in. Fits my Sena 20S perfectly too.
review image review image
77 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2013
had the unfortunate event of getting into a motorcycle accident. Nothing terrible, most severe injury was a broken scaphoid. In the moment of the accident a million things run through your head, I was conscious of all possible dangers like the impact, where my body was going, where my bike was going, is the truck behind me going to stop in time. But the most relevant to this review was 'is my head going to slam into the asphalt or the cars around me'. unfortunately it did slam into the ground. I am a former Marine and am very accustomed to wearing helmets and the feeling of objects hitting it, it was never a comfortable feeling. However as my head hit the asphalt there was almost a very comforting thought that ran through, it was almost 'springy' and not dramatically so that I get whiplash, just enough to where it wasn't a bad experience. I know this might sound weird but considering I might have suffered a TBI, I feel like this helmet did its job very well. I didn't hit the face guard though and wouldn't expect it to do much protection against impact due to the fact that it is flimsy, but might have protected from road rash to the face. It does however do great for that annoying rock bee dirt or any other random flying object that will hit you in the face. Plus it looks awesome, like your about to go kick down doors, the looks you get with this helmet is priceless. Great helmet! Safe riding!
22 comments| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2017
I have a small head and this helmet is not made for small heads. It is HUGE! The shell is likely the same size as the large or extra large size helmets with just more padding inside to fit smaller heads. I would have been embarrassed to ride around with this on my head, but would have dealt with it if the rest of it worked out for me. It didn't.

The muzzle will not connect on the sides. It will require you to buy longer straps. Why not include the longer straps and sell the smaller ones if you cannot include both? I see more reviews about the short straps than anything else.

The muzzle was not comfortable at all. Even without the added pressure of the snugged-up straps, this muzzle liner seemed almost abrasive. I took it out and hoped that I could find a comfortable way to wear it. Nope!

When I had my riding glasses on. They instantly fogged up as if the muzzle was specially designed to send all of the moisture from your breath up and behind your lenses.

This helmet needs a lot of rework. It was a good concept and the concept is what convinced me to buy it, but it failed.

I had it back in its box for return within 15 minutes of opening it. I cannot believe that people actually enjoy wearing this helmet. They likely enjoy the looks of it and deal with the garbage fit, comfort and functionality. It's ok to return things and let the manufacturers know why. It helps them fix it. Giving good reviews to convince yourself that it was worth the money you spent is not helping anyone.
on May 22, 2016
This is a great helmet, it makes riding my harley davidson dyna bob with a helmet look cool. It also muffles the really loud exhaust note so it doesn't bother me. HIghly recommend. I ordered the shiny black, but received the matte, in hindsight that was a good mistake because the matte looks really mean.
on April 6, 2016
Just received it. Quick shipping thanks Amazon! Now for the fit, it fit perfect I'm a size medium. I ordered medium no problem and I read about people complaining about the muzzle sitting on the bridge of the nose it does, but all you have to do is adjust it and it will be fine. It fits very comfortable and looks killer!. I've wanted this helmet since a long time ago and bought several along the way I couldn't bring myself to pay the $250 but my wife got it for me as an anniversary gift. Love this helmet I do recommend it.
on April 29, 2014
I received my helmet way before i thought i would get it, the way to measure your head for size they have posted was right on the mark, the only down fall helmet appears a bit smaller looking in photo then when you get it but its DOT so should have expected that it would be thick and the face piece fits really nice without the insert, with the insert kinda uncomfortable on the bridge of my nose, will have to play with it a bit see if i can get it to fit a bit better with the insert in. Over all really sharp looking helmet and good in between style from a open face an enclosed helmet but still get that open feel.
on November 27, 2015
I get awesome looks with his thing. The face mask MIGHT protect against road rash, but I wouldn't count on it to necessarily stay on (it has slip on magnetic latches, and taking a hi on your chin will push it off. But then again, you'll have bigger problems than facial road rash if that happens.

It's light, but pretty big. If you want the WWI style, it's way bigger.

It's got good protections for the ear, jaw joint, unlike many WWI brain boxes.

Note: it chipped REALLY easily in on the rim, leaving white material showing, and taking away from the look. Would probably not buy again, looking back.
on August 27, 2016
I needed a helmet for long bike rides and I always admired this one.

Bell really packed this helmet well. There is a nice instruction booklet with it.

The helmet is well made. There were plenty of good considerations baked into this helmet. For example, the lining in the muzzle cn be taken out for warmer weather and washing.

The muzzle was really easy to adjust to my face. The locking system is really easy to use. The muzzle locks into this helmet nicely.

I rode in this on two trips and I really like using it. I feel really protected in this helmet. I also think it looks really distinctive.

I totally recommend this helmet.
on June 22, 2015
Cool looking helmet. Fits well once you get the face mask adjusted.
review image
on December 17, 2014
I must admit, at first this helmet felt huge, ungainly, and heavy. By the end of my second ride my body had become accustomed to it. Now my other helmets feel so lightweight and flimsy that I don't trust them anymore. I locked my front brakes up on loose gravel and took flight off the bike and over the handlebars, I hit the ground and threw myself into a roll. I don't want to imagine what would have happened if not for this helmet.

It is a comfortable fit once I got used to the bulk of it which took me two rides, I cannot comment on the face mask part as I have not really used it. Bottom line I trust this helmet to comfortably protect my grey matter in style.