Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 883 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,106 reviews
on November 27, 2013
As far as functionality and appearance, the person I purchased this for rates it a five star product. I've also used it, and it makes a decent cuppa joe. However, after only three days and _maybe_ as many as six brew cycles (two for initial cleaning and four cups of coffee), the filter began disintegrating. For that, I would have rated it down to perhaps two stars. Called Sensio, the manufacturer, toll free (via the number on the Sensio Inc. website), and was immediately connected (NO WAITING!) to a very pleasant lady who asked if I would prefer returning the product or simply a new filter. I chose the filter, and she advised me that since it was coming from Canada, I should expect it to take from 7-10 working days to arrive.

The extremely pleasant experience with Sensio support brought my rating of the product up to four stars. It's unusual nowadays to find such a pleasant experience at the end of a warranty/service call. Kudos to Sensio.
_______________________________________________________

UPDATE: BTW, the "7-10 business days" I was told to expect it to take to get the replacement filter WAS off a tad. It took 'em FOUR business days to get the replacement filter to me. EXCELLENT SERVICE! I'll buy more Sensio products. Such excellent service deserves another uptick in rating, reflected in the five stars this review now shows. And, BTW, "decent cuppa joe" means very nearly as good as my fav French press makes coffee. The replacement filter from six months ago is going strong, too, so apparently our original was just one of those things.
22 comments| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2013
I love this coffee maker. Its just the right size. I live alone and like my coffee brewed one cup at a time and unlike the kuerig makers, I can adjust my strength.
22 comments| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2017
I really like this coffee machine, except it keep getting grounds at the bottom of my coffee and I don't know why, I don't fill the filter past the recommended limit. This is the main reason I won't give it five stars. Bellow is a list the pros and cons of this machine.

Pros
-> Its compact enough that it fits on my desk
-> Its great for making a quick cup of coffee.
-> I really like the removable drip plate which makes cleaning a breeze
Cons
-> it does tend to splash when making coffee, even when using tall cups,
-> its almost entirely plastic which initially give the impression of being cheaply made.
-> I keep getting a black slug /coffee grounds in the bottom of my coffee. I do not think I am using too much coffee grounds because I do not fill it past the designated limit on the filter
on April 12, 2017
It's a great little coffee maker...and I do mean little! It'll fit a big coffee cup but not a big travel mug which I'm fine with. If you want coffee for a travel mug just fill your travel mug, pour that into the coffee maker and put something smaller and wider under the coffee maker...problem solved. I like that the filter for the coffee grinds is big, you can make your coffee stronger than a k cup can make which is one of the reasons I switched to a classic coffee maker. This thing is fast and it makes the coffee hotter than a k cup maker just remember to turn it off before you open the top to clean the filter or it might puff some steam at you! I got it two days earlier than I was expecting which was a nice surprise.
on October 17, 2014
I've been using this for about two weeks now, and so far it's a decent single cup, drip style coffee maker. Considering its $15.00, it's definitely worth the price.

Firstly, if you're a frequent, multiple cups a day coffee drinker, this is not for you. This machine is very basic, and I could see where heavy use would cause it to break quickly. The picture makes it look like it's metal, but it's really cheap plastic. I say it's cheap plastic, but will add that it's not such a bad thing because the coffee maker does work well.

If you're an infrequent, single cup a day coffee drinker, this probably is the right machine for you. It takes up very little space on the countertop. It could even be stored in a cabinet, and it makes a pretty good cup of coffee--up to 14 oz. It does take about 3-5 minutes to brew a cup, but that should be expected for drip style. Also, the coffee doesn't brew very hot. After adding in creamer, the coffee cools down fairly quickly. So, this product is more aimed at those who plan on drinking the coffee soon after brewing.

Pros: an excellent price, nice drip style, can use any coffee grounds you choose, small and doesn't take up a lot of space, eco-friendly as you're not using disposable K-Cups, easy to clean the filter and filter basket, comes with a nice coffee cup.

Cons: cheap plastic, the coffee grounds stick to the black water dispenser causing them to fall into the water reservoir, it's not easy to clean the reservoir, can't brew into a travel mug, coffee isn't very hot.

Overall, I would recommend this product to infrequent, single cup a day coffee drinkers. It's a good machine for the $15 price. I had previously owned a top of the line Keurig that I paid $179 for. It only lasted 2 years, and the company didn't stand behind their product. Because of that experience, I do think this is a pretty good product for the price.
on March 10, 2017
I purchased this machine October 2014. It is still running strong March 2017! I use it almost every weekday. I can't calculate how much money I have saved over buying coffee at work cafe for $2 a cup, or coffee shop for more.
The permanent filter is starting to show a few tiny tears, so I may have to switch to paper filters, as I don't see a way to buy the permanent filter basket online.
on April 9, 2017
Will not auto shut off. Smells like burnt plastic each time you turn on.
on March 13, 2017
Brought this into the office today. My coworkers and I are very pleased with this coffee maker. The coffee comes out very hot and not watered down. So far so good. Definitely recommend. Love the compact size.
review image review image review image review image review image
on November 28, 2016
BE CAREFUL OPENING! The little U-shaped thing that is supposed to lift the hot water drip spout broke when I opened the lid. =( The unit still works and I'm fine with the way it works, though it seems like it take a lot of coffee to make a strong cup. I was trying to switch from Nespresso pods with this purchase, but maybe there's no way to get the rich/strong flavor that you get with espresso. If you're careful with the lid (which is a bit difficult because it takes a big pull to open it) then it should work fine.
on April 5, 2017
I LOVE IT! Brews me a single, large cup of coffee. Quickly, smells great, I can use any grounds I like! No filter needed!

I left it on by accident all day and it still works fine.

All the reviewers who claim they broke the filter . . . HOW SWAY? Seems like you'd have to try!

If something happened to it I would BUY IT AGAIN RIGHT AWAY!!!!!

-Nia's husband Dan

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.