Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 68 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 69 reviews
on July 23, 2011
The book contains the easiest way to change your lifestyle and lose weight. I got the book on the Kindle to start, but realized quickly that this book was best suited for a hard copy. The content is consice and getting started was very easy. I struggled with numerous methods of weight loss before, but this has proven to be healthy, effective, and fast. Jorge shows how eating a low sugar and carb diet can be very enjoyable. His recipes are easy to follow and delicious. I read the book and decided to get started right away and I am so glad that I did. You will be glad you did too if you take the first step and begin reading. Good luck.
on March 4, 2014
Its extreme to think that all carbs - including the good ones from fruits and vegetables could be bad for you. However, I did give this a try and lost 12 pounds in the first 2 weeks. I gained them back since it really isn't a sustainable lifestyle for me. Everything processed seems to have some sugar or carb in it. It's somewhat like Atkins, just a different name. I will give this another try once I have some meals planned out and prepare my cupboards appropriately. I think his other plan - the 100 might be easier to stick with. But I might have a day or two a week where I allow some extra healthy carbs - fruits/veg so I don't feel deprived for too long. What can that hurt?

I think the binding on this book is pretty flimsy. Not sure how to put the cover on and make it stay. Should have come with instructions for putting the cover on.

Cut out sugar (as much as you can), and find some go-to healthy alternatives to always have on hand. I love the chocolate cake in a cup recipe, but I had to adapt it since my son has a nut allergy. So, instead of the almond flour I use coconut flour, add an extra egg or two and increase the amount of milk until it is cake-batter consistency. Coconut flour is very dry so you need to compensate with extra liquid...
on October 24, 2011
Ever wonder why you can't lose weight? SUGAR! Want to lose weight without giving up the types of food you like? Stop eating pizza all the time and buy this book! You will be amazed at the amount of sugar you consume. And don't think for a minute that "Low Calorie, Sugar Free" food you're drinking or eating doesn't have the same (or WORSE) effect on your body as processed sugar. Read this book. It is not a miracle cure unless you don't want to end up with diabetes. And if you give it 4 to 6 weeks, you will lose 25 pounds. "Hmmmm, let's see, if I start this new way of healthy eating today, I'll be 50 pounds lighter by the Holidays." It's not a diet. It's a new way to healthy eating, weight loss and feeling good.
on March 7, 2012
I started following the Belly Fat Cure diet on Super Bowl Sunday. I weighed 197 pounds. I am diabetic. I have chronic back pain and a high stress job. I lost 8 pounds the first week! I weigh 184 pounds and am still losing!!!! I have found so many great recipes to try. I have switched over to Stevia & Truvia. I never realized how much SUGAR was in everything! I also never realized how easy it was to give sugar up! My daughter has started the lifestyle change with me and I have been telling EVERYONE about it!!! I have already dropped 2 pant sizes and don't plan to stop anytime soon. The meal plans are awesome and easy to follow. You don't have to eat weird foods or deprive yourself of foods you love. I still can have French toast for breakfast. And the Joseph's Maple Syrup is great! I recommend this book to anyone who is serious about losing weight, staying healthy and wanting a plan that is easy, contains real food and works!!
on October 20, 2011
Nice premise, but fails... in actually providing ideas for healthy options. The author gives "healthier" options, but not necessarily healthy. Sure, Lean Cuisine is healthier than McDonald's, but it's still not healthy. The premise that I do agree with is lowering your sugar intake, and counting all sugar as sugar. Yes, your body does not know the difference between the sugar you get from fruits and vegetables or from a candy bar. You need to lower your sugar intake all around. I don't agree with eating processed foods though, many with other added in nasty chemicals, that in my opinion, are far worse than sugar. I like the book for the education on how sugar affects your body, but would not suggest anyone using his food ideas as anything one should eat on a healthy lifestyle diet.
on February 4, 2013
I bought the kindle version. I am very disappointed. I WASTED MY MONEY.The book says to go to his website and get a free pdf version of his planner...if you sign up for the free email membership SO i DID AND NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING. It seems that buying the book is a marketing tool to go to his website so they can charge you for a membership. They say it is free but it is not free.
on October 7, 2013
The books are very helpful in making your food choices. Also teaches you how and why the diet works. And it DOES work! I have lost 8 lbs in one month which is great for me. And unlike calorie counting diets I can tell I am actually losing belly fat! Since I don't have a lot of weight to lose, losing is usually slow and I don't lose my my tummy. Before I started this diet I counted calories. I ate 1000 to 1100 calories per day and after 3 weeks lost NOTHING...0 pounds and 0 fat! I was really discouraged. Thought maybe it was just because I am 60. Everyone always says it's harder to lose when your older. But this is working for me and I think the books are essential. Reasonably priced and worth it.
on March 5, 2017
love this book
on February 3, 2016
The combo pack is very convenient. I carry the Sugar/Carb Counter in my purse so I can make exchanges easily. Very satisfied and have recommended it to many people.
I am doing great on this eating plan. I can eat almost anywhere, at home, with company, at a friends house, at a restaurant, you name it. I lost 14 pounds and 2 inches off of my waist in 30 days!
on January 29, 2014
The concepts and contents of the book are great and make a lot of sense if this is the type of diet/lifestyle plan you are looking for - no complaints there at all.

The 1 star rating is due solely to how unusable it is in Kindle form. The tables you need to help you see the values all run together making the whole thing frustrating and impossible to decipher.

If you are going to buy, buy the paper version.