Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Belly Fat Cure Sugar & Carb Counter: Track over 6,000 supermarket items and melt up to 9 lbs. a week
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on February 1, 2011
I love the Body Fat Cure method of eating. It is perfect for me and I have lost many many pounds. I purchased the Body Fat Cure Sugar and Carb Counter book for my Kindle. IT IS WORTHLESS!!! The charts are so small and since they are pictures and not text, changing the font size does nothing to the charts. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!

I have a blog following this plan and I have made sure to tell people NOT to buy this book as a Kindle version.
55 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2011
This diet isn't for everyone. Maybe its because I've always watched my carbs and avoided sugar, but I gained a pound after 2 weeks on this, even though I doubled my exercise regimen. I am diabetic and my fasting glucose numbers went UP 30 points!! All I've really done is add fat, calories and more carbs than I usually eat. Maybe it works if you have never dieted but this has been a disaster for me. Processed sugar is something I've always avoided, but eliminating vegetables that have natural sugar in order to keep to the 15 gram rule, is very unhealthy.
on August 15, 2010
My wife and I have been using Cruise's "Belly Fat Cure" book. This little book will be more helpful to me. I can check a food for its sugar/carbohydrate value without as much guesswork. I have already discovered many things I thought were pretty compliant with the diet are much higher in sugar than I thought. That might explain why my weight loss has been much slower and has hit plateaus. The book is small enough that I can take it with me, maybe even in a large pocket. And, all of the essential information related to the plan is in this small book. (The big book has some menus for various food substitutions. This book does not, but it does have two "Belly Fat Good" menus for getting started.) If you would like to try Cruise's "Belly Fat Cure," but feel you cannot afford the larger book, this book should do just fine.
on June 6, 2011
There are a few pages of legible text followed by pages and pages of nutritional information that is printed in a very light color and very small font. Since the charts are images and not text, you cannot enlarge them and, worst of all, they are not searchable! It simply isn't practical to flip through page after page of charts to find something you can find on a label or on the Internet in a fraction of the time. I wish I had read these reviews before purchasing - I would not have purchased this book! I want a refund!
on January 18, 2012

This book is an invaluable resource for those following the Belly Fat Cure, a diet which I have found great success with. The book is filled with tables of very usefull information to the dieter. Unfortunately those that formatted this book for the Kindle obviously didn't review their product, the tables lose their columnar formatting and become one huge paragraph of meaningless nonsense. Amazon should be ashamed to have produced something this horribly shoddy.
on December 5, 2010
Many of the reviews for this book are actually reviews of the original diet book, to which this book is a supplement. The Sugar and Carb counter is difficult to use. Cruise's categories are weird groupings and there are items I still can't find in this book. The nutritional info for fast food is very limited and favors the West Coast. Most of the fast food section is monopolized by Starbucks info. How about info from fast food places that serve FOOD?

I would prefer a more comprehensive guide which is easier to use. I would not buy this again.
on August 1, 2014
Great book to help solve the hidden sugars in food, which is almost everything! Jorge gives the common sense approach to losing weight and or a guide line to living a better eating life style. Prepare your own food or eat out? He has calculated the sugars and carbs for you. I take this book grocery shopping as a guide line and have learned to stay away from sucrose! My husband and I have really enjoyed his creative menus in his last book and there are two suggestions for two days of meals in this one to lose weight. Try it....after all the only thing you can lose is weight!
on September 3, 2010
The author has taken a stand against sugar which may surely have its merits, especially is the obvious advice to avoid sugary desserts and such. But for anyone, like me, who enjoys fruit, this program is not for you, since eating more than a few grapes or strawberries a day puts you over his limit. More subtly, his free pass on wine includes recommendation of a popular California white which contains significant residual sugar; Cruise does not say, as he should, that 'dry' wine means one in which all the sugar has been fermented out, such as almost all French or Italian table wines.
33 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2011
This book is a handy supplement to the actual diet, which is easy to do/ live with and everyone in the family likes the food plan, not just me, the dieter! It's so nice to have information and a plan anyone can do and have it all in one book. Bought one for me and a son and others in the family went out and got their own! So get the diet book to go with this one.
on June 8, 2013
The magic figure here is 15/6 ..... the first part is 15 grams of sugars and that's all you can have for the entire day. Although I do believe that'd probably be really good for you & I do believe almost anyone would lose weight eating this way, I don't think that it's realistic.

A coke has more than double that. Ketchup would be impossible, 3 Tablespoons is 12 sugars. Ok, so both of those things are not so good for you in the first place. This diet also makes it impossible to eat yogurt, the light yogurts seem better according to the author but the lowest listed still has 6 sugars per 5.3 oz serving. Tomatoes (including canned) are high in sugar. Forget about any form of sweetener except the chemical ones, which I won't eat.

That said, the hunks of meat, eggs and real cheese are pretty much "free" foods. Every spice and herb I could find was pretty much in the 0/0 category too.

Just not a way I can eat for the rest of my life. Maybe as a diet but if I could stick to a diet I probably wouldn't need one. I need a change that I can stick to forever and, for me, this isn't it.