Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Belson Gold N HOT Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer Model #Gh2138
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on March 14, 2008
I bought this product after spending countless hours on ebay trying to replace a 2nd-hand, bonnet hair dryer from the 70's that was on it's last leg. I thought ebay was my only option for replacing an old bonnet hair dryer (this type of hair dryer works so well on Black hair). So, after viewing hundreds or blow dryers, and seeing only a few bonnet hair dryers in sad condition, I finally stumbled across a 2nd-hand, Gold N Hot bonnet hair dryer and decided to check out the website. Never did I imagine that bonnett hair dryers were still in production and could be purchased brand new! What a relief! I purchased the item on a Wednesday afternoon and it arrived at my door in roughtly 24 hours. I removed the packaging and tried it out for the first time the same evening. Simply saying, "I love it", fails to convey my sentiments for this item.

Thank you, Belson, for making products that make caring for African American hair easier and less stressful. The most popular brands on the market fail miserably when it comes to caring for and keeping Black hair healthy and strong. And buying products that fail to deliver on their promises is insulting and an outrage, not to mention time consuming and expensive. Although Belson and Gold N Hot products aren't typically available at your local Wal-Mart and Target,(go figure), they do have an excellent reputation for making quality Black hair care products.

So, buying this product and making the purchase through Amazon was an easy choice. The product is wonderful, works well and delivers what it states it will. Dealing with the vendor and getting the product delivered took less time than if I had researched where I could buy it locally and Amazon offered the best price even with shipping charges added! As I stated above, the vendor shipped the item the same day I placed the order and it arrived via UPS the next day. The dryer itself heats up quickly, is large enough to accommodate a whole head full of 2" rollers and is also quite comfortable. The only change I would make, would be to make the electrical cord longer so I could accomplish more chores while wearing it. The cord is approximately 6 to 7 ft in length. 15 to 20 feet would work better for people like myself that have to multitask. But then again, I have plenty of reading to catch up on as well. If you're at all on the fence about this item, don't be if the issue is performance or quality. You won't be disapointed in either.
44 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2008
This soft bonnet dryer is great! I'm saving to purchase a PIBBS EZ Dryer and needed something for the time being other than a table top hood dryer. My hair is past my shoulders and thick, so it's important that my hair is fully dry when I roller set. It only took 60 mins for my hair to dry, which is average time in the salon for me. So, I was quite surprised. This product is definitely worth the money.
on February 24, 2008
I absolutely love this hair dryer! It is so lightweight and comfortable. It is so much easier than wearing a bonnet or using the hard hair dryers. If you want comfort and ease while drying your hair...try this product.
on December 5, 2010
I have long, thick natural curly unruly hair. I have to wash, roll and sit under dryer. This dryer has me dry in about 1.5 hours. Yes, very thick hair!
I have been useing it for almost two years and it Rocks! I only wish the bonnet was made like a shower cap, closed in to hold heat in and maybe it would cut down my drying time. Great Product. P.S I am white, it's not just for African American hair!
on September 18, 2008
I'm pretty happy with the hair dryer. I like the more direct heat of a soft bonnet dryer but since you don't find them very often in the stores I have put off getting a new one for some time. I finally broke down and went online to find one and am happy with the Belson Gold N HOT. So far so good. We've had misty off and on whether which will usually leave me with a frizz head and need to redo my hair frequently, but I've been coming and going and only washing my hair when I go to the gym so I guess the Ionic benefits are working. The only negative I would say is the element hanging down in front of me is a little annoying, but bearable. The first time I used it I leaned over and the air intake/exhaust area got covered for a few seconds and it shut off and took so long to cool enough for me to turn it back on I gave up and went to bed and let it dry overnight instead. Since then I've just been careful not to let it get covered and it's worked fine. Doesn't even feel too hot on my face which I remember reading as a concern. I would recommend this dryer to a friend.
on October 30, 2008
Greetings,this is a great dryer. I am African-American with coarse thick below shoulder hair. It dried my hair on the low setting in 50 minutes. I use 2 inch rollers in front and even larger rollers in the back. Not a problem because the bonnet expands beautifully to cover all of the rollers.

The only thing I disliked was the loud motor. That is the only reason I did not give it a five star rating. I put some tissue paper in my ears to muffle the sound. I have to get use to the loud motor around my neck.

It was easy to walk around once I attached an extension cord.I had the Conair dryer first and returned it. That Conair dryer is good for conditioning not drying my hair. It did not work at all. The Belson is the best soft bonnet I have ever tried!!
on June 21, 2008
This Bonnet dryer is very soft and lightweight and easy to use. I use at least 2" rolers and it fits very nicely. It has 3 heat settings to choose from and does a faster job drying on my hair than a regular dryer. And it leaves my hair nice and soft - probably that's the ions working.
I purchased this hairdryer, because it is so much more convenient to let your rollers dry, while you are surfing the internet or reading a book. You have both hands free and don't have to fumble around with a regular hairdryer until you get cramps.
So overall a great purchase for me, I strongly recommend it !
on February 20, 2009
After reading all of the positive reviews I kept searching for this dryer until I found it on Ebay.
I like the fact that it dries my hair quickly, but one thing I'm not crazy about is the bonnet. It makes my head feel weighted down and pulls out my rollers when putting it on and off. However, this is not enought to discourage me from keeping this dryer. I will just have to take extra precautions when applying the bonnet.
I would recommend this to any woman who does not have hours to spend under a hair dryer.
UPDATE** This dryer was fine for 9 months, but today it began to smoke and now it won't work at all. Granted, I did use it every two days for the past 9 months, so perhaps I just burned out the motor. I am not sure these types of hair dryers are meant to be used so often??
on December 30, 2009
I was nervous before I bought this, I'd read all the reviews and wasnt quite sure what to expect.
This product is great! it does the job of a bonnet dryer but still allows you to move around and feel quite comfortable. All the negative reviews really arent that valid. Yes it is noisy just like EVERY other hair dryer, yes it is hot just like EVERY other dryer. It dried my hair super fast and very evenly, much better than the dryers at hair shop that burn my ears without drying my hair.
The only thing I would have preferred would be a slightly longer cord but for the price i paid I am not complaining. Love love this product would recommend to every single person i know.
on February 26, 2007
This dryer is not a monster...it won't bite or ripe your head off... the person that wrote the other review should not skip any more of her medication

I used this dryer, when I was on a trip to my sister's house and I thought it was great!!! I was able to sit in front of the computer and complete my homework. I give it 5+ stars.

PROS:

The design of the bonnet allows for less drying time.

Flat surface not required (as do a hard bonnet hair dryer)

Able to relax...lay down -read a book

Fast and flexible setup (able to sit in your favorite chair)