Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
As a 40-something guy w/ a 5 yr old, I wasn't sure if this particular game would be a good fit for my son. While it's rated "E-For Everyone" it also indicates it's for children age "10+". Needless to say my wife and I were worried that it would be beyond his skills and capabilities. (He can't really read yet, after all.)
Well,...I'm here to tell you that this is a really GREAT and FUN GAME! All of my concerns evaporated as my son and I began the journey into "Ben 10 - Protector of Earth", which is the story of how Ben 10 fights various aliens all across America. (Kudos to the game maker for including Seattle, our home town!)
Beyond the fact that this game has helped me bond with my son (remember, he NEEDS me to read the instruction prompts and navigate the game settings) we both fundamentally enjoy playing it together.
As my son says,..."It's fun being friends and playing it!"
Here are a couple of the most compelling aspects:
1) On the "Easy" setting, this is the ONLY video game we've been able to get completely through. (Mind you, I had an old '90's era Sega Genesis "X-Men" game that I've played with him, and we've never been able to get beyond the first few levels. Frustrating for us both!)
2) After you kill all the "bad guy" aliens in each level, a vignette plays,...kind of like a snippet from the TV show. This was great at keeping his attention on the storyline of the game.Read more ›
1) There are 3 modes, easy medium and hard and although I have only tried easy, you can die as much as you want and you just restart at the last 'waypoint' or "Go" point and there are tons of them so its not a crying pain when you die. Especially good since my son likes to fall off the cliffs quite a bit.
2) You can play the whole game cooperatively (2 Bens on screen at once) and it works really well and makes the game great for parent/child interaction plus you can help out in the hard parts.
3) The story flows well and introduces all the main Ben 10 characters althoght you only get to play 4Arms, Wildvine, Heatblast, Xlr8 and cannonbolt. The only one my son missed was Wildmutt but its really not that big a deal as jumping between the 5 aliens is more than enough.
The only hard part in the game for my son was the jumping parts and its just a matter of practice due to his smaller hand size.
As for the Wii, it runs on wand + nunchuck and for my sons smaller hands it works better than the classic controller, which is bigger and harder for my son to get his hands around. It says that classic controller works in the manual but I couldnt get it enabled although I didnt try that hard. Not much in terms of wand movements and they could have dropped the wand movements overall in my opinion as they do not really benefit the gameplay.
I would highly recommend this game to any Ben10 fans or anybody who likes cartoon action/adventures.
It is a lot of fun with some great bonding.
The game itself is OK, the the ability to play together is such a plus!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This game is awesome. I was given a copy of it and we played it so much it got scratched so I ordered one from Amazon. Great family game.Published 9 months ago by Maureen
I could not ask for better service or anything else. I love my phone case very muchPublished 20 months ago by patti waddle