|Part Number||AR15_D Blue|
|Item Weight||10.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||24.6 x 23.2 x 8.7 inches|
|Item model number||AR15_D Blue|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Type of Bulb||LED|
|Special Features||Intelligent e-Reading Mode: Built-in sensor to detect ambient lighting and deliver the perfect illumination for working in front of digital screens. Warm/ cool color adjustment with continuous dimming control.|
|Included Components||Lamp^Adapter^User Manual|
BenQ e-Reading LED Desk Lamp -World's First Desk Lamp for Monitors -Eye Care, Modern, Ergonomic, Dimmable, Warm/ Cool White -Perfect for Architects, Studying, Designers, Engineers, Gaming –Blue
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 150% WIDER: Delivers a 150% wider lighting coverage, creating an illuminated area in at a 35-inch light range and an illuminance of 1800 lux
- MOOD LIGHTING: Easily be switched from warm tones for casual reading, to the cooler tones for concentration and office lighting
- SMART AND MODERN LIGHTING: Built-in an ambient sensor automatically detects the light levels of the room and adjusts its brightness accordingly
- ZEROFLICKER TECHNOLOGY: This LED desk light provides constant flicker-free and evenly-distributed illumination, protecting your eyes from stain and making the perfect desk lamp, gaming lamp or study lamp
- BYE-BYE BURNOUT: With BenQ’s lighting technology, our LED panels will give you 50,000 hours of lifespan. That’s 8 hours a day, for 17 years!
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Flexible positioning at its finest.
Find the right light for your life
BenQ cares about you, your life, and most importantly—your eyes. Renowned for its premium quality of gaming monitors, and a pioneer in eye-care screen solution, BenQ has focused its research on how lighting affects our eyes in the digital era. Working with a team of distinguished ophthalmologists and ergonomists, BenQ designs its e-Reading Lamps specifically for your eye health & life happiness.
- 12 Months Warranty
- Europe-CE, US-UL, US-FCC International Safety Standards
- Aluminum Alloy, Zinc Alloy & Engineering Plastics
- Compatible with table clamp (optional) & floor lamp conversion kit (optional)
Ready to shine light on your life?
- Built-in sensor to detect ambient lighting and deliver the perfect illumination needed
- Rotating knob to change from cool to warm light and—anything in between
- ZeroFlicker technology offers constant and even lighting
- Torsion spring & ball-joint, ensuring precise friction control of the adjustable arm and head
The Light That Can Read Your Mind.
With the touch of the control ring, the built-in ambient sensor automatically detects the light levels of your working environment and adjusts its brightness accordingly. This smart-lighting is designed to balance for the light coming out of the center of the screen, thus our brighter at the sides, darker in the middle design.
A Light That’s as Wide as Your Smile.
150% wider light range, creating expansive illuminate areas that clock in with a 35 inch light range and an illuminance of 1800 lux. Wide enough to light up a full-spread newspaper, the range is built for multitasking in today’s multi-screen world. Every corner of your desk will be lit up with evenly-distributed illumination.
Flexible. Adaptable. Strong.
Ball-joint optimizes the flexibility of the lamp cap, plus highly durable torque springs and precision friction control to counter-balance the weight. You can adjust the light to the exact angles you need. Each lamp tested 10,000 times by twisting and turning before it steps foot off the assembly line.
Stable, Even and Flicker-Free (ZeroFlicker Technology).
The graph above shows how much flickering happens with other LED lamps that have non-continuous electrical output. On the flip side, the graph below shows the smooth, soothing lighting of the BenQ. No flickers. No eye strain. Just pure, clean, crisp light that can’t wait to help you get to work.
As Your Situation Changes, So Does Your Lighting.
Lamp can easily be switched from warm, light tones for reading, to the cooler tones of concentration and work. You can go from leisure to learning to work—all with the twist of a knob.
No More Burnouts.
With BenQ’s lighting technology, the LED panels will give you 50,000 hours of lifespan. That’s 8 hours a day, for 17 years. In other words, you won’t have to replace a lightbulb for over a decade.
|BenQ e-Reading Desk Lamp||BenQ Genie-Silver Genie e-Reading LED Desk Lamp|
|Recommended for Monitor/Screen Reading||Large screen monitor, all notebooks||Small screen monitor ( ≤ 22” ), all notebooks|
|Flexible Adjustment||Height to the desk surface: 9.8" - 29"||Height to the desk surface: 13" - 19.6"|
|Product Dimensions||23.2" x 24.6" x 8.7"||28.4" x 20.7" x 7.9"|
|Dimensions of Pedestal Base||Diameter - 8.6" / Thickness - 1.1"||Diameter - 7.8" / Thickness - 1.1"|
|Net Weight||10.3 lbs||5.3 lbs|
|Accessories||Desk Clamp, Floor Stand Extension|
Compare with similar items
TaoTronics Stylish Metal LED Desk Lamp, Office Light with USB Charging Port, 5 Color Modes, 6 Brightness Levels, Touch Control, Timer, Night light, Official Member of Philips EnabLED Licensing Program
Lightblade 1500S by Lumiy (Series 2) LED Desk Lamp with Best in Class Brightness at 1500 lux and Color Rendering at 93 CRI, Pivoting Head, Captive Touch Controls for Brightness & Color Temperature
Architect Desk Lamp Gesture Control - Metal Swing Arm Dimmable Led Lamp - Task Light for Office - 12 Touch Level Dimmer 3 Eye-Care Lighting Modes - Adjustable Drafting Table Lamp - Memory - Black
Koncept AR3000-C-MBK-DSK Z-Bar LED Desk Lamp, Cool Light, Metallic Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Sunvalley Brands||Lumiy||OTUS||Light Bulbs Etc|
|Finish Types||Brushed Steel||Matt||—||Brushed Steel||White|
|Light Source Type||LED||LED||LED||LED||LED|
|Material Type||Metal||Aluminum||ABS||Metal, Plastic||Metal|
|Additional Features||Intelligent e-Reading Mode: Built-in sensor to detect ambient lighting and deliver the perfect illumination for working in front of digital screens. Warm/ cool color adjustment with continuous dimming control.||—||Captive Touch Controls for Brightness, USB Charging for Smart Phone||Gesture control on/off, touch cotrol - 12 dimming levels, 3 color modes, superbright 1200 lux||Adjustable|
|Style Name||—||Modern||Contemporary||Modern||Cool Light|
|Wattage||18 watts||12 watts||10 watts||10 watts||10.5 watts|
Introducing the BenQ e-Reading Desk Lamp. The World’s First Lamp Designed for e-Reading. Unlike the regular task lamps, the lamp has wider lighting coverage. Developed specifically for the usage of monitors, kindles, tablets, and other devices, as well as for use in large workspaces, the desk lamp distributes light evenly across the desk. It delivers a 90cm illumination range, 150% wider than any regular reading lamp, helping you see everything from your keyboard to your entire desk. Its patented “brighter at the sides, darker in the middle” illumination is designed to eliminate glare.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm reducing five stars to four just because the cost is beyond the reach of most wage earners, teachers, and students, who would benefit from using this lamp.
+ The arm is extremely stable and sturdy. There is no need to twist screws to hold the angle in place. No matter the angle, the lamp remains steady.
+ The lighting is so evenly distributed across my desk and monitor, that no glare occurs.
+ Lighting is extremely powerful and the dimness / color range is fantastic.
+ Cloth wire and metallic build is all very well done.
- The touch ring is gimmicky and too pronounced. Several times I just hit it by accident and turn the lamp off.
- The ambient light feature is not very useful for my purposes of studying from a monitor. There should've been ways to adjust the light strength that the ambient light corrects itself too. At the moment it seems too dim.
- It could've been even better with charge ports built in.
- Wish there was a way to save the current settings I have. Imagine one that you save for studying as opposed to one for near bedtime.
- Should've came with the clamp (sold separately)
- There are no resources online to give you an idea on the best placement for this light would be in your context. It took me a while to adjust it to my purposes.
1. No glare on your monitor. I have 3 large monitors on my desk. None of them are affected by this desk lamp, even at full intensity.
2. Truly desk-wide illumination. The curve of the fixture allows for an even light to be spread across the entire width of a large desk if it is positioned high enough. My computer desk is about 6 feet wide. This lamp stands on one end of the desk. The adjustable neck is extended upward almost as high as it can possibly be. Every corner of the desk is well-lit.
3. The level of brightness is fully adjustable. The highest setting stops just short of becoming obnoxiously bright. The lowest setting would suit even the most light-adverse folks. It is infinitely adjustable to any level between those extremes. With my failing eyesight, I keep it on the brightest setting always.
4. The color temperature is also fully adjustable between glacier white and warm morning sunshine yellow. Different colors of light affect peoples' moods and energy levels. I personally prefer a light on the warmer side, around 3000 Kelvin, when I'm relaxing. The warm light lulls you toward eventually dozing off. But when working, I like to be closer to 4000 Kelvin. This temperature helps me stay wider awake and more productive by reducing the amber shift of the light. While everyone prefers something different, this lamp accommodates virtually everyone by letting you adjust the light infinitely between the lowest and highest temperature settings. I have even found myself adjusting it partway through the day for a boost to my waning energy levels or to reduce eyestrain.
5. Zero annoying flickering. You won't miss it a bit.
1. Price. If you have never spent this much on a desk lamp, you may find yourself temporarily traumatized by the price of this lamp. I have to say though, it is worth the money. The flexibility and reduced eyestrain are hard to live without once you have experienced it.
Overall, I highly recommend this desk lamp if you are experiencing severe eyestrain using other less-expensive, poorly-designed desk lamps. You can adjust this lamp to suit virtually any combination of brightness and color temperature you prefer. Through trial and error, you may even discover that the light you thought would help you best actually doesn't. That's the beauty of infinitely adjustable light. You aren't stuck with what you got out of the box. In my opinion, worth every penny. We love all four of ours.
After 4 month, lamp developed high pitch whistle sound at full brightness. It is not loud, but because lamp is right in front of you it is quite noticeable.
I bought it as a light for my grand piano. I had gone thru quite a few piano lights, some of them costing me even more, but none worked out satisfactorily. My last light was an LED floor lamp. Besides some issues, the light was just too warm. With the BenQ, I found the right cool temperature, making reading the music easy on my eyes. And the reach of the lamp is perfect. Altho the big white base sticks out on my black paino, I can get used to it. If BenQ can make a black slimmer version, but with the same reach, it would make an ideal grand piano lamp.
Another suggestion. It would be really nice to have the color temperatures marked on the knob, for I am a photographer, and viewing prints under the correct temperature would help evaluating the colors. The useful range would be from 5000K to 6500K. With a CRI of 90 or higher, it can become a light for photographers too.