Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by morrisey STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 4, 2015
I was first hesitant to buy this monitor. I purchased a Asus VG248QE a month before and connected to my PS4, the monitor failed and had flickering and screen dulling issues and finally stopped working. I was so upset and disappointed.
I took time again to know which is the best display for console gaming. And I went to the BENQ site and was comparing all the models and checked their reviews and finally narrowed my search to 2 monitors this one and the RL2460T. I liked the design of this monitor and the extra HDMI port which is available to connect your media player (Micca speck D2) after seeing those displays which can tilt and rotate is just a fancy gimmick. So I shelled out my money on BENQ RL2455HM it's the best and performs like a champ and I am astonished by the quality , sharpness and the responsiveness of the monitor. There is never a lag and I tried out all fast paced FPS and RPG games it's responsive and you will never miss the target. Would recommend it to anyone who is a casual, average or hardcore gamer. You will never go disappointed.
review imagereview imagereview image
306 helpful votes
307 helpful votes
1313 comments|Report abuse
on April 17, 2016
Update: 5 months later, still going strong, even with multiple hours of usage daily. I purchased the BenQ RL2455HM 24 inch Console Gaming Monitor, I use it for my computer, I did hook it up to my Xbox and I even hooked my home theater system up to the headphones output jack on this monitor, volume didn't get as loud as through the TV, but it was loud enough for me to enjoy a game with the best speakers in my house. The ONLY problem I have with this monitor, is not having 2. I am currently using a Steam Link, I can't unhook this monitor from my computer and plug it into the Steam Link, Windows 10 doesn't recognize the monitor unless it's actually plugged into the TV. So I plug my old monitor into the computer so I can duplicate the screen still, but the resolution only duplicates my old 1024 so the sizing doesn't match up, which is just weird, because if I have this monitor plugged into to my computer the screen duplicates to either 50'' a 40'' TV with no issues. My old 50'' TV just gets so darn hot, I wanted to use this monitor, I could get the screen to 1920x1080 with a custom resolution setting, but the screen was still a half inch away from the borders of my 24 inch monitor. SO 5 STAR REVIEW FOR THIS MONITOR (even if I paid $200, and it's $175 now) and I give Steam Link a 2 star review because Steams Controller Companion with a 50ft HDMI cable works better.

Huge upgrade from my Dell XPS 19inch monitor I bought back in 2006. Nothing wrong with my old monitor but this monitor has more viewing space and better picture.

The only problem I have with this monitor it's so large I don't have enough space on my tiny desk!
on December 3, 2015
I purchased this monitor specifically to connect to my Sony PS4. I had been playing on a 60 inch Sharp Aquos LCD TV for years. With such a large television, I kept missing things and getting killed from my perifory. After working a large Call of Duty and Halo tournament that was held locally, I noticed all 120 machines were hooked up to BenQ monitors. So I started researching them to find out more. I discovered that since I was going to connect this to a console, I didn't need 120 or 144 mhz. 60mhz was sufficient.

It took me a day or two to get used to the new screen, but I can honestly say that my gaming has improved significantly. Even my friends and clan members have commented. The response time is amazing, as is the clarity and color. I did find it to be too bright out of the box and had to dim it down as well as tweak several settings. Now that's done, I just turn it on and go.

I'm very happy with this monitor. So is my wife, as she got her tv back.
on September 25, 2016
I received this fine monitor on the 9th of August (just over a month prior to writing this review) and I gotta say, admitting this monitor is awesome would be a severe understatement.

I originally purchased a '42 Sony Bravia for the sole purpose of it's low lag time of 17ms. For gaming, it's a solid choice and I don't regret my choice. I mainly play Destiny, exclusively actually, and my Bravia displayed Bungie's world very well.

In Destiny, I have become increasingly interested in improving my Crucible game. I had also recently purchased a custom Battle Beaver Customs Elite Controller with maximal tension on both thumbsticks. My game improved slightly, but one thing was missing: a monitor. I did some research that led me to this purchase.

The only way to really showcase how potent the 1ms response time is would be to adjust to the BenQ and then sit with your old monitor. The difference really is that striking. And besides the obvious increases in play due to no lag, the display offered here is super crisp and clean; there are details seen on this BenQ that I never picked up on before.

To summarize, this monitor is worth every cent.

Two complaints. This monitor can definitely strain the eyes if you play for prolonged periods of time. Each Crucible session lasts me 2+ hours. The first couple of days I exexperienced wicked migraines, but they passed. Definitely play with gaming glasses, like Gunnars. And secondly, the speakers are decent quality, but only decent. Definitely have a pair of headsets to maximize on the whole immersive FPS experience.

So yes, as evidenced in this glowing write up, gaming monitors are beyond a worthy investment. I love this thing!!
on May 24, 2016
Amazing monitor. I went from using my 55" Samsung to this, and I can tell you that the response time for this monitor is absolutely mind blowing. I will do all my Xbox one gaming on this from now on. Hands down, you should buy this if you are any kind of gamer. Crystal clear, good size for competitive gaming, and an unbeatable input response. It needed a little calibrating out of the box, but after calibrating, the pucture and black levels are stunning, and probably the best i have seen. I have an LG, Sony bravia, and Samsung to compare.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on June 14, 2016
First off let me say it comes out of the box with the most jacked up settings so don't be discouraged with it. Once you adjust the settings to what you like it's the best monitor I have ever gamed on! I pc game and my gtx960 on max settings runs basically a solid 100fps with v-sync off on battlefield 4. So I over clocked this monitor to 70htz and its running a perfect solid 70 frames per second and never drops below that now and it's absolutely amazing the color and how fast the respond time is! No ghosting what so ever! Battlefield 4 is kinda a older game so pushing max settings with good fps is easy. On overwatch I'm running a solid 70fps on max settings with v-sync on or off so this monitor fits my needs perfectly. Also have it hooked up to my PS3 for mainly Netflix and I do very minor gaming on it and the pic quality is not bad at all. On my pc it's the clearest picture I have ever seen on a monitor. On my PS3 it's ok. PS3 is outdated and I'm used to gaming on a pc with a ton more fps and way better graphics so that's probably why. For the money I paid and for the specs my gaming pc has this monitor hit the spot perfectly! Couldn't be happier with this buy! Owned it for a couple weeks now and every time I turn it on I still get the wow factor. Thanks Amazon!
on August 30, 2016
It's not a bad monitor, its just not preferable. All the buttons on this laptop are physical buttons, which I have no issue with and I think many people prefer the physical buttons.

My issue with this monitor is, if you have more than 1 device plugged into it, it gets really really frustrating jumping between the different devices. For example, I have my CPU and my PS4 hoooked into it. The PS4 is on HDMI 2 and the CPU is on DVI. If I had the PS4 on and wanted to switch to my CPU, I have to press the buttons 7 different times and go through 3 different menus. First you press it to open up the main menu, then you scroll all the way down to menu, then you have to go to system go to input and then finally scroll to which one you want to switch to.

This is ridiculously slow when compared to how the menu looks when it isn't receiving input from anything, its the standard choice between HDMI 1 or 2, DVI and D-Sub. For whatever reason, they wanted to make you jump through hoops to switch inputs if you have more than 1 thing turned on.

and God forbid you turn off one of the devices while switching to the other one, the monitor will shut off for a few seconds no matter what you're doing. Whether thats adjusting the volume or brightness on the Monitor or the display mode, the monitor will shut off for a few seconds.

So After 2 years with the monitor, I'd rate it a 6/10 or a 3/5. Not top tier obviously because of the price point, its much more for a person on a budget.
on July 19, 2016
Been using this monitor for a couple weeks. First and foremost the packaging was very nice double boxed with nice soft foam. Arrived without a scratch. The only thing I am disappointed in is the overclockability of this panel, didn't matter what I did I couldn't get it over 65 hz stable. The speakers are nothing to brag about but at least they are there. Everything else on this monitor is great especially for the price. But if I could do it again I would probably spend the extra money for a 144hz panel.

Please remember to vote below my review if it was helpful or not helpful. If you choose to vote my review unhelpful, please leave me a brief comment so I can improve my future reviews as they are important to fellow buyers like myself.
on September 20, 2016
BenQ has made a very nice monitor in the RL2455HM. With a little adjustments I've found my settings, as out of the box it was much too bright. 60/100 brightness is nice. Colors are very lush, and it handles my games like a champ: Final Fantasy X, Star Wars the Old Republic, The Witcher 3(which is so vivid I had to get used to how much brighter, sharper, and smoother it is on this monitor over my old one).

Cons:
1 Let me start with the one flaw I found: a tiny stuck pixel a little smaller than a grain of sand, only visible on SWTOR when loading my guild ship and it fades in from nearly pure black to fully lit. Other than this flaw, the monitor is such an awesome upgrade from a Samsung 916v I've had since 2005.

Pros:
1 Vivid beyond imagination
2 On ultra it is smooth and doesn't hiccup at 60 fps like my old monitor used to on SWTOR and Witcher 3
3 Not the best, but built in speakers so I can dump those little 5w ones I had before, though I use a headset

Despite the small pixel, if I had to go back I'd purchase it again. Going with a popular gaming monitor like this BenQ was not a mistake. It truly brings my games to life!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on April 9, 2014
there were a few deciding factors in my purchase of this monitor. My husband and I are no longer gamers, with the rare Torchlight 2 or League of Legends but the overall quality of the monitor and color clarity is really what sold us. I edit photos and my husband uses image animating software. We achieve some of the best color accuracy with this monitor. Its a matte monitor which I was worried about but it reduces glare which helps to reduce eye strain. I used to get severe eye fatigue on our previous monitor and I have none of that on this monitor. Also, if you look at reviews for many other similr sized monitors, you will notice that the low rating all contain the same or similar problems. That was a huge concern for me because when more than one person complains about the same exact issues, thats an issue that needs addressing. This monitor has rave reviews on various website and does not seem to share a common flaw in the product. I would recommend this to gamers and non gamers alike.

I also wanted to add that I never buy a monitor expecting it to have good speakers. That is not why we buy monitors. I always have speakers with a subwoofer for my music anyway so didnt even test the speakers. Even if I play a game. I use my speakers.