Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BenQ RL2455HM 24-Inch LED Console Gaming Monitor
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Size: 24"|Style Name: BenQ|Change

on February 22, 2014
This monitor is everything that you want in an LCD console gaming monitor. Feels like zero input lag like a CRT (tube).

I had been playing on a 55" Sony Bravia (Game mode enabled) and thought that I was gonna be sacrificing quality in exchange for performance. Boy was I wrong.

I had noticed that many reviewers will complain about this monitor's color accuracy. That's because they don't understand that this monitor gives you full control over the RED GREEN & BLUE (each has a slider from 1 to 100) Adjust the RGB sliders to your liking.

I have provided the picture settings that I use for multiplayer gaming, below.

--------

*The following settings are based off of the RTS#1 mode. You must select and use RTS#1 as a starting point.*

Picture Mode :: RTS#1
AMA :: HIGH
Instant Mode :: ON
RGB PC Range :: 0-255

**JAN 27, 2016 Update**

Monitor is still going strong and I love it so much that I'm considering upgrading to the 27inch model.
That should provide a solid foundation
5959 comments| 486 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2015
I was first hesitant to buy this monitor. I purchased a Asus VG248QE a month before and connected to my PS4, the monitor failed and had flickering and screen dulling issues and finally stopped working. I was so upset and disappointed.
I took time again to know which is the best display for console gaming. And I went to the BENQ site and was comparing all the models and checked their reviews and finally narrowed my search to 2 monitors this one and the RL2460T. I liked the design of this monitor and the extra HDMI port which is available to connect your media player (Micca speck D2) after seeing those displays which can tilt and rotate is just a fancy gimmick. So I shelled out my money on BENQ RL2455HM it's the best and performs like a champ and I am astonished by the quality , sharpness and the responsiveness of the monitor. There is never a lag and I tried out all fast paced FPS and RPG games it's responsive and you will never miss the target. Would recommend it to anyone who is a casual, average or hardcore gamer. You will never go disappointed.
review image review image review image
1414 comments| 260 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2013
I purchased this monitor after heavy debating between a Viewsonic and a similar Asus model. Of all three, the BenQ was the most costly, but in the end I'm glad I made my decision.

PROS;

Lightning fast Response Time; After doing my research online comparing response times and refresh rates, I found out that the difference between 1ms and 8ms is a HUGE difference.
Before this display, I used a Sylvania 22" HD TV. Now, TVs aren't meant to have lightning fast response times and refresh rates, but this one was a solid 8ms/60hz so it worked for the 5 years I had it.
After getting the BenQ in, I set it up and immediately noticed significant changes in my performance on games like Call of Duty and even Payday 2.

Easy setup; getting this out of the box and on my desk took no longer than 5 minutes. The stand and base interlock very easily and it's a very sturdy setup. No wobbling or anything like that.

Easy navigation; the buttons on the side of the display have their own shortcuts that you can customize for things like volume and which input you're using. The buttons have a definitive click to them and they take some getting used to in terms of totally finding everything and tweaking to your likings, but it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to get a feel for it.

CONS;

Speakers; I had recently gotten a new pair of speakers for the monitor, and boy did I need them. The speakers on this monitor are very tinny sounding and lack any kind of power. They're only 2 watts, and they sound exactly like cellphone speakers. This might be a huge deal to people who don't have external speakers or a headset to use.

UPDATED CONS:

No remote controller support; I found in many instances that I would have to physically get up out of bed to lower the volume if it was too loud. (FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS) but this is only a minor problem.

REVOKED CONS;

Washed Out Color - I use to feel like the color was washed out, but I found a solution. I believe the monitor is still too bright, but the ECO setting makes things PERFECT. It lowers the backlight and saturates the colors and makes them look beautiful. The brightness is perfect for all games I play currently and I haven't turned back yet.

FINAL THOUGHTS;

Overall it's a great monitor for the price, even if it is lacking in some respects. I hope this guide was helpful and informative.

6 MONTH UPDATE; I'm updating this review on April 5th, 2014.

Over the past 6 months, I've had nothing but good things to say about this monitor. I have not had any problems with it at all and I use it 7 days a week. Sometimes the monitor is on for 24 hours or more at a time and it's still going strong! I've fixed certain visual problems that took a star away and now I believe this monitor is PERFECT for the price, especially because it's on sale right now! (04/05/14)

Here are my visual settings for a perfect display;

ECO setting;

Sharpness: 1
Color Temperature: R 95 G 93 B 97
AMA: High
Instant Mode: On

Picture Advanced: HDMI RGB PC Range; 0~255
99 comments| 236 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2015
Great product!

The image quality is fantastic & highly adjustable the built in pretests for Shooters & Fighting games etc...Are quick & easy to select you will likely not even need to manually adjust settings cause one of the presets will work for what your viewing.

An added bonus is that the monitor is compatible with Google Chrome, you can just plug it right into an HDMI port & it detects the signal just fine when turned on.

The built in audio is actually good enough to use... I use a headset but if you don't feel like using extras it produces good audio for the less picky.

The lagless mode for gaming actually did feel like it made a difference even in a game that typically doesn't lag much like "BattleField 4" I could tell right away that I was just slightly ahead of the action & it kept me alive more often in tight fire fights.

I use Ps3 & Ps4 for gaming but there is no reason to think this monitor would be any less quality when used with a PC or X-Box.

I know they are pricey but considering the quality of the monitor its worth the cost & a steal if you catch it on sale.

A++ : Hardware Quality
A++ : Size For Gaming
A++ : Ease Of Use
A++ : Connection Compatibility
A++ : Image Quality
A+ : Regular Retail Price
A : Small Speaker Audio
review image
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2016
You do what you want when you poppin'
review image
on January 14, 2016
I first heard about gaming monitors a few years ago. I thought "How dumb. Why would you get a tiny monitor when I have this 42 inch TV I can play on instead." Then I started to hear more and more about lag times with big TV's. Out of all the advice I read on how to get better at FPS's, I never heard anything about getting a monitor. Big YouTubers never really mentioned it much. I figured I'd already done everything I could to get better.

I still went into the settings on my TV and switched it to "Game Mode" and turned off all the picture scrubbing options I could find. I figured I had the input lag as low as it could go.

After a lot of frantic browsing, I changed my mind a few days ago and bought this monitor. I went back and fourth in my mind on whether or not I had just wasted 200$ on something I didn't need at all.

The monitor arrived 2 hours ago. It took me 15 min to set everything up. It was really easy to assemble. I plugged it in and fired up my PS4. I booted up Black Ops 3 (the game I've been grinding since it came out) and fired up the online multiplayer. I could instantly tell that the buttons on my controller instantly registered on the screen. The picture was great. Even the speakers were better than I expected.

A few games later and I can say for sure this monitor was worth the money. In the few games I've played I've gotten RAPS, Cerberous, and Talons (High scorestreaks in BO3) more than 4 times each. Normally I struggle desperately to get a care package (Low scorestreak).

Right before I bought this monitor I read a long thread on Reddit from a Destiny player who was calling someone an idiot for buying a monitor for console games. That a monitor wasn't necessary because the human eye can't detect 20ms and that it "literally will be a waste of your money and it won't make a difference." I feel bad for that guy, because when he runs into someone playing on a BenQ, he will be playing them at an immediate disadvantage.

Overall I'm very happy with this monitor. I almost went with a cheaper version of a different brand, but BenQ is a name I've seen around and one that all the pros use so I'm glad now that I went with quality over a cheaper product.

I feel like I'm finally on an even playing field with the better console players out there. I'll update this somewhere down the road, but as of now, I'm very happy with my purchase and with the product
on February 15, 2016
Great monitor, Im truly amazed! i was using a 32" Vizio TV prior to getting my BenQ RL2755HM and they say it takes about a week to notice the difference but i noticed within 2 games (BO3)! I've read at least 15 reviews on this monitor and everyone of them were 90%-100% accurate! The only thing that was kinda inconvenient was that I had to spend about 30-45min messing with the picture settings because the FPS mode (Which come already chosen) is absolute garbage! So i messed around with it and got it to my liking! If your looking to upgrade from a standard TV or looking to replace your current monitor than this one is the way to go! or if you have the extra money the BenQ XL line is also very good! I also found that the texured stand and the headset hook are awesome attachments as well! Feel free to ask any questions I will try my best to answer(: Have a great day!
Aloha
review image review image review image
on December 11, 2015
Do you ride indoors? I purchased this monitor for my indoor bicycle training. I'm very happy with my purchase, it makes riding indoors so much more enjoyable.

Although its known as a gaming monitor, my cycling apps (ie Zwift, ReloVeality, Racermate, etc) look marvelous on this monitor. Highly recommend!!!
review image review image
on August 8, 2014
It may not be the biggest monitor out there, or a 4k ips display, but if you are looking for a good gaming monitor that wont destroy your savings account, you just found your monitor. The tilt feature is very nice if I find myself in a weird angle. And all of the preset modes (Fighting, RTS, FPS to name a few) are pretty nice out of the box. You do have the option of customizing up to 3 presets if you wish to do so. I have only used DVI with this monitor and it looks fantastic. I would highly recommend to anyone who is looking to invest in a monitor that will last them for a long time.
on March 17, 2015
If you are a console gamer, then you will not regret buying this monitor. Let me rephrase that, you will absolutely LOVE this monitor.

Pros: The monitor looks fantastic. It's not as flashy as some of BenQ's XL series monitors, but it is definitely an attention grabber. It appears to be built very well and the hard plastic shell makes it sturdy and durable. The monitor is ready to go out of the box. Literally, I did not have to change a setting. Instant mode was on, low blue light was on, the black levels were set correctly, and the monitor was already in FPS mode. I looked for a setting to change and couldn't find one. One of the best things about the monitor are the colors. Despite it being a TN panel, the colors are actually pretty damn good. The customizable options are also there for anyone who wants to play with the settings and the menu panel is easy to navigate. I was previously playing on an Asus vx248h monitor and this was a step up in image quality. The 27" screen also seems huge (in a good way) over a 24" screen. I will likely use this monitor for many many years to come. If you are a console gamer, don't waste the extra money on an XL series monitor. Buy this one. Some additional pros are two HDMI ports, built in speakers (that are pretty decent), 1ms response time, and of course virtually zero input lag.

Cons: There really aren't too many "cons" about this monitor, but rather some things I am picky about. First, the stand makes it seem like the base is rubber so that your controller grips to the stand and will stay there. This is not the case. Only the top rounded section of the base is rubber. So if you bump your controller slightly it will lose its grip and slip off. If the monitor is on the edge of a table or desk, you are likely better off resting the controller somewhere else. The retractable headset hook is a bonus with the monitor, but it would have been much more convenient if it was built into the side of the monitor instead of on the back. This is how some of the XL monitors have it, so not sure why they went with putting the hook in the back. The only real issue I had with the monitor is the lack of tilt and height adjustments. However, for the price of the monitor I can live with the way it is. I can adjust my own position if needed.

Summary: Overall, this is the best console gaming monitor on the market. With all of the more expensive PC monitors you are paying for features that consoles don't support. So, if you love gaming on an Xbox or PlayStation you should look no further than the RL2755HM.