Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Benchmade - 940-2 Knife, Reverse Tanto, G10 Handle
|Price:||$170.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- BLADE STYLE: 3.40" (8.64cm) long and 0.115" (2.92mm) wide Reverse Tanto style blade
- AMERICAN MADE STEEL: CPM-S30V (58-60 HRC) premium stainless steel with well-rounded characteristics, including excellent corrosion resistance and superb edge qualities. The well-balanced stainless steel makes it one of the best choice for daily tasks.
- DURABLE MATERIALS: The Glass-Reinforced, G10 handle offers exceptional strength to weight, imperviousness to moisture, and is physically stable under a wide range of temperatures. Also includes the exclusive AXIS lock and reversible tip-up clip.
- INNOVATIVE AXIS MECHANISM: Ambidextrous design, the AXIS gets its function from two omega-style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar its inertia to engage the knife tang.
- AMERICAN MANUFACTURING: The Oregon-based Benchmade factory employs modern laser cutters and CNC machining centers that offer control and tolerances found in the aerospace industry. Precision is that of half the width of a human hair.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Benchmade Story
About the Product
Top Customer Reviews
First, the handle grips in the 940-2 are made of G10 as apposed to nylon in the Mini-Grip. The G10 is not aggressively textured. Instead, it is the right mix of texture for a sure grip without being so rough as to tear up your pocket.
Second, the blade is a much more robust shape and made from a superior S30V steel (the Mini-Grip I own is 154cm, although it is available in other steels at a much higher cost).
Third, despite being a larger knife, the superb design of the 940-2 actually feels smaller in the pocket, as it is slimmer and narrower than the Mini-Grip.
Finally, the Mini-Grip does offer a better price point. But, in doing so, it resorts to a cheaper steel and handle material. The 940-2's premium price is warranted given its quality of materials. I love my Mini-Grip and will always keep it. I just won't carry it as often anymore.
WOW! This knife is amazing! I have always had a few pocket knifes and multiple fixed blade knifes in my inventory, but I have only once spent the kind of money for a knife as I did for this one. After carrying my Kershaw Blur for the past 6 years, I had the itch to get a quality American-made knife, and I am so happy I purchased this Benchmade. My knife arrived and had some initial lock stick, and the blade was not free swinging. Blade centering is near perfect, and the grinds on the reverse tanto blade are pretty even. The lock stick quickly smoothed out with some repeated opening and closing, along with the use of a few q-tips to clean the blade stop and pivot, as well as the various surfaces of the blade and lock up interface. After lightly oiling the lock and other moving parts, and playing with the wonderfully smooth action and suprisingly pleasing axis lock, the blade and lock are as smooth as silk, with no gritty feel or any hint of lock stick. The blade drops freely when the axis lock release is engaged. =
This 940-2 is the sharpest factory produced folding knife I have ever had the pleasure of owning. Benchmade Customer Service was also outstanding. I called them and requested a deep carry pocket clip, and they are sending 2 out free of charge, one black oxide, one silver. I am truly impressed with the $$ I spent. The blade disappears in the pocket, at the weight of only 2.6 ounces, I had to check my pocket multiple times, thinking I had left it somewhere, but no, it was still securely riding in my pocket. My previous carry knife did weigh 5.5 ounces, so the fact that the 940-2 is less than 1/2 the weight is incredible. I've found a knife I plan to carry forever.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This 940-2 replaced my 941 in 154cm that I sadly misplaced after about 13 years of flawless EDC service.
The 940-2 is beautiful.Read more