Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Benchmade - 940, Reverse Tanto
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- BLADE STYLE: 3.40" (8.64cm) Reverse Tanto style blade, weighing only 2.90oz (82.21g)
- AMERICAN MADE STEEL: CPM-S30V (58-60 HRC) premium stainless steel with well-rounded characteristics, including excellent corrosion resistance and superb edge qualities. The well-balanced stainless steel makes it one of the best choice for daily tasks.
- DURABLE MATERIALS: The Anodized Aluminum handle offers a solid handle form and function at a nominal weight. Also includes the exclusive AXIS lock and a reversible tip-up clip.
- INNOVATIVE AXIS MECHANISM: Ambidextrous design, the AXIS gets its function from two omega-style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar its inertia to engage the knife tang.
- AMERICAN MANUFACTURING: The Oregon-based Benchmade factory employs modern laser cutters and CNC machining centers that offer control and tolerances found in the aerospace industry. Precision is that of half the width of a human hair.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Benchmade Story
About the Product
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
It is beautiful, not too threating looking, lightweight, and has a super thin pocket profile. This is my second Benchmade (the first was a mini grip) as I am more of a Spyderco fan. A Spyderco Delica 4 (with a blade that I polished) or a Swiss Army knife make up my usual EDC, so this is the point of reference that I pit this knife against.
The only think that the Spyderco is better at is slicing, and that is due to the fact that it is made of a thinner blade stock, and is a full flat grind. This Benchmade has a more aesthetically pleasing blade design with the multiple grinds, and a prettier handle. The blade design has some positives and negatives. It has a stronger tip than the Delica 4 (but really if you are using a knife in the way they are supposed to use them - as in not prying - then this makes little difference. It also had thicker blade profile than the Delica, so the angle of the blade and the of edge are fatter than the delica and the swiss army knife. This means that the edge is stronger, but that it won't slice as well as the Delica 4 (which is further improved by the mirror polish that I spent a good while putting on it.
Overall a very beautiful knife that I imagine that I will hold onto for a long, long while, and don't imagine that I would ever sell.
When I received the 940 Osborne with the horrible finish I immediately returned it as defective to Amazon. So here's my take: based on my three experiences, Benchmade has great designs and is capable of producing a really top notch knife. However, based on my experiences, Benchmade has a real issue with quality control. This is inexcusable for knifes that cost what Benchmades do. My two non-Benchmade knives are a Kershaw Camber and a SOG Twitch II, both which cost a fraction of the cost of a Benchmade and came straight from the factory with excellent fit and finish, blade alignment, and sharpness.
I love the potential of Benchmade knives but at this point I will only order from Amazon where I can immediately return it if it comes lacking in quality control, or I will purchase it at a little higher price from my local knife shop who is a Premium + dealer for Benchmade.
The only change my husband made was to remove the clip and the thumb knob. The mechanism is so friction-free, you don't even need the knob. All you need to do is pull the latch, flick your wrist, and it's open - about as fast as a switchblade. Worth every penny!
My husband's one wish is that it came in a different color. It's a basic dark green, and he'd prefer something more neutral like black or gray.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Secondly I would rate it at 4.5 Stars as I will explain below.Read more
Seems to check all of the boxes for me!