Benchmade - Griptilian 551 Knife, Drop-Point
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- HIGH-QUALITY: The 154CM stainless steel blade is tough, rust resistant, and holds an edge well. The glass-filled nylon handle is tough yet attractive, making it ideal for hard jobs and everyday carry.
- WELL-DESIGNED: Benchmade's AXIS lock is exceptionally strong and fully ambidextrous. The Griptilian 550HG is a manual knife that can be opened and closed single-handedly.
- COMFORTABLE: The 551's lightweight design and handle grips make it comfortable to hold and use. The reversible pocket clip offers ultimate accessibility.
- VERSATILE: The Griptilian 551's drop-point utility blade style and all-around functionality make it ideal for everyday use, outdoor activities, and even tactical applications.
- GUARANTEED FOR LIFE: Benchmade's limited Lifetime Warranty and LifeSharp Service keep your knife in the best condition. If your knife needs repair or sharpening, Benchmade will take care of it. Available for knives purchased from an authorized dealer.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
When it comes to all around functionality, you can't beat the Griptilian. There are more shapes, sizes and colors available in the Griptilian than any other product family from Benchmade. Intended for Everyday, Outdoor or Tactical use, the Griptilian 551 has a lanyard hole and a standard clip type with a reversible tip-up clip position. Specifications: Designer: Pardue | Mechanism: AXIS | Action: Manual-opening | Blade Steel: 154CM (58-61 HRC) | Blade Length: 3.45" (8.76cm) | Blade Thickness: 0.115" (2.92mm) | Open Length: 8.07" (20.50cm) | Closed Length: 4.62" (11.73cm) | Handle Thickness: 0.64" (16.26mm) | Weight: 3.88oz (110.00g)
Color: Black | Style Name: PlainEdge/CoatedFinish
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
154cm steel allows you to give this knife a hard beating between sharpening, I actually have not had to sharpen mine and i have owned it for a little more than a year with regular use.
Personally, I wish that this knife had a rubber grip on the sides of some sort, because it is not as grippy as I would like, but its good enough.
Incredibly sharp, opening and closing this knife can be done with the greatest of ease using one hand with practice.
It feels like cheap plastic, but it can be dropped really hard on cement and its always fine.
So in short, this is a light, high quality, everyday use pocket knife that can be used and used without worry of damage. AND its cheap!!
I've never spent more than $40 for a knife. I lost my previous EDC, a CRKT knife variation.
After much reading and window shopping, I decided to order a SOG Aegis Tanto. But as soon as I removed it from it's cheap store display packaging, I knew it wasn't the knife for me. It was too light and felt cheap in my hand. I have returned it and now own the 551 Griptilian.
I was very impressed with the packaging and presentation of the knife. This knife fits and feels great in my hand. The weight and design are a perfect combination. The smooth, easy opening and closing mechanism is the best I've ever used. I'll be purchasing another for a gift soon.
I carry this knife around everyday in the case I need to use it. It's small enough to carry but sufficient when needed.
It feels solid in the hands and looks high quality.
Edit: the replacement is perfectly centered.