Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Benchmade - Griptilian 553 Knife, Tanto
|Price:||$114.75 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- HIGH-QUALITY: The 154CM stainless steel blade is tough, rust-resistant, and holds an edge well. The glass-filled nylon handle is tough yet attractive, making it ideal for hard jobs and everyday carry.
- WELL-DESIGNED: Benchmade's AXIS lock is exceptionally strong and fully ambidextrous. The Griptilian 553 is a manual knife that can be opened and closed single-handedly.
- COMFORTABLE: The 553's lightweight design and handle grips make it comfortable to hold and use. The reversible pocket clip offers ultimate accessibility.
- VERSATILE: The Barrage 553's tanto blade has a very high tip strength, making it good for tactical uses. It's also versatile enough for everyday applications.
- GUARANTEED FOR LIFE: Benchmade's limited Lifetime Warranty and LifeSharp Service keep your knife in the best condition. If your knife needs repair or sharpening, Benchmade will take care of it. Available for knives purchased from an authorized dealer.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The Benchmade Story
In 1988, we set out to make the best knives in the world — and that’s exactly what we did. We’ve grown a lot since then, and while we’ve expanded to provide tools for elite tactical operators, first responders and even collectors, our goal remains the same: make the best knives in the world.
About the Product
When it comes to all around functionality, you can't beat the Griptillian. There are more shapes, sizes and colors available in the Griptillian than any other product family from Benchmade. Intended for Rescue, Everyday or Tactical use, the Griptilian 553 has a lanyard hole and a standard clip type with a reversible tip-up clip positon. Specifications: Designer: Pardue | Mechanism: AXIS | Action: Manual-opening | Blade Steel: 154CM (58-61 HRC) | Blade Length: 3.45" (8.76cm) | Blade Thickness: 0.115" (2.92mm) | Open Length: 8.07" (20.50cm) | Closed Length: 4.62" (11.73cm) | Handle Thickness: 0.64" (16.26mm) | Weight: 2.79oz. (79.10g).
Style Name: Plain Edge/Coated Finish | Color: Black
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerActual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using the product.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The grip is nice, and contrary to some of the reviews I've read, I have no problems with the handle material. It seems durable, it is very light, and the grip is very positive. I'm not worried about this knife slipping even during heavy use, it's not tiny but not large, great size multi purpose blade. And, its light enough that you can't even feel it's there.
The steel itself has held an edge very well. So well, that I reprofiled the factory edge to make it a bit steeper, and has held a sharp edge regardless.
I really enjoy the locking mechanism. I appreciate how I don't have to manipulate anything around the blade as in a frame lock, or change my grip and use a rear lock mechanism. Opening and closing it is smoothe as butter, and my fingers stay clear of the very very sharp blade. This knife has very easy and safe one handed operation, open AND close.
I feel that it is a very safe knife, however it did open partially one time in my back pocket. I'm sure this was due to my wife trying to dig out my wallet... I think she must have activated the mechanism, and there was a fair amount of tugging going on as she was yanking on my wallet... luckily no one got cut, and I wouldn't blame the knife because of that. I just don't keep it in a pocket my wife will be digging around in as I'm wearing my dang pants anymore.