Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Benchmade - Mini Barrage 585 Knife, Drop-Point
|Price:||$123.25 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$6.75 (5%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- BLADE STYLE: 2.91" (9.14cm) Drop-point style blade, weighing only 3.40oz. (96.39g)
- AMERICAN MADE STEEL: 154CM (58-61 HRC) is a premium grade steel developed for tough industrial applications and is known for it's all around qualities, including corrosion resistance, toughness and edge quality.
- DURABLE MATERIALS: The Valox handle offers excellent stiffness, strength and dimensional stability. Also includes stainless steel liners, a lanyard hole and a reversible tip-up pocket clip.
- INNOVATIVE AXIS MECHANISM: Ambidextrous design, AXIS gets its function from two omega-style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar its inertia to engage the knife tang. AXIS assist knives also feature integrated safety lock systems.
- AMERICAN MANUFACTURING: The Oregon-based Benchmade factory employs modern laser cutters and CNC machining centers that offer control and tolerances found in the aerospace industry. Precision is that of half the width of a human hair.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The Benchmade Story
About the Product
Legal DisclaimerActual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using the product.
Top customer reviews
Here is the link to the specific page (as of April 15, 2010) to the knife I bought, which is partially serrated:
On the knife itself - I love it! Perfect size for daily carry, love the axis lock. I actually love the feel of the handle. I see reviews where people complain of it, but it feels just like my polymer framed handgun's frame material and I have no complaints at all on that feel... the people that are complaining must not be polymer gun folks. Mostly up till now I've owned Spydercos, and I've got to say I do really love the assisted opening feature on this knife.
I also see people complain of the width of the knife. While it's not as flat as my Spyderco Persistence, it certainly is not overly thick either. Its actually about the same thickness as my Buck Vantage, which I don't hear thickness complaints about - so I don't really understand this complaint from others that much. Its thinner than my CRKT M16s and M21s as well.
The serrations on the one I received are perfect for cutting the packing straps that are placed around pallets and large boxes. I previously had to keep a Kershaw Scallion with serrations handy for such use, and my daily carry knife was a Spyderco Persistence (plain blade), but with this mini-Barrage I now have 1 knife that can perform both duties. Again, I really like this knife.
Overall, I rate this as one of my best knives, and I own 20 or so from Benchmade, Spyderco, CRKT and Kershaw, some of which are far more expensive.
5 stars... great everyday use utility knife ... many would probably reduce the stars due to Amazon's misrepresenting it, but this is a rating of the knife in my opinion, not of Amazon webpage screwups. FYI this is not the first time I've bought a knife from Amazon that was not actually what was pictured or described... in the past I always returned them when that happened, but again in this case it's a non-issue to me and the price and the knife are so nice I will definitely keep it.