Benchmade - Mini Griptilian 556 Knife
|Price:||$99.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$10.01 (9%)|
Order it now.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- BLADE STYLE: 2.91" (7.39cm) Drop-Point style blade, weighing only 2.68oz (75.98g)
- AMERICAN MADE STEEL: 154CM (58-61HRC) stainless steel with well-rounded characteristics, including good edge retention, overall toughness, and corrosion resistance.
- DURABLE MATERIALS: Injection molded, GFN (Glass Filled Nylon) handle offers exceptional strength to weight, stainless steel liners, screws, AXIS, and coated reversible tip-up clip.
- INNOVATIVE AXIS MECHANISM: Ambidextrous design, AXIS gets its function from two omega-style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar its inertia to engage the knife tang.
- AMERICAN MANUFACTURING: The Oregon-based Benchmade factory employs modern laser cutters and CNC machining centers that offer control and tolerances found in the aerospace industry. Precision is that of half the width of a human hair.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
|Item Dimensions||3 x 8 x 10 inches|
|Item Weight||0.18 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.4 pounds|
The Benchmade Story
About the Product
Top customer reviews
The black pocket clip is painted, and so the paint starts wearing off basically immediately.
Those little qualms are a little disappointing in an item that costs twice as much as a perfectly reasonable alternative (i.e. Kershaw Skyline or a handful of Spyderco's) but not a big deal. It's a pocket knife, not jewelery.
The good: Everything else. Ergonomics are great, size and weight are nice, openign action is super easy and fast, easy to close, blade came shaving-sharp and holds an edge well, etc etc etc.
Overall, a great starter knife in the "pretty nice, not your ordinary knife" world...A great first knife that will get folks hooked on to carrying non-garbage knives daily. Great blade, great (not-cop-angering) blade size for Illinois, ergonomic handle, easy one-handed open/close, great pocket clip (set up for righties out of the box). I find the partially-serrated blade to be quite useful. This was my first partially-serrated blade...I was originally not sold on the idea of a serrated area, but after owning one I now prefer them. They work well for cordage and all sorts of other heavier-duty sawing that doesn't go easily with a straight blade. The AXIS lock is, IMHO, the best black lock on the market...Sturdy, yet extremely easy to operate one-handed with just a bit of practice.
The only thing I can ding this knife for is the G10 scales...They don't stand up to being ran over by a bus! :)
I'd still be using mine for EDC if it wasn't for its fateful meeting with a city bus. I've moved on to a Benchmade 707S, but the 556S is the way to go for a great, relatively inexpensive folding knife with a great lock.
One thing that caught m by surprise is that if you clip this in your pocket with enough room for the blade to open it can (will). This surprised me because I was used to carrying a Boker Anti-Gravity which does not have the same problem (hinges from the same end that the clip is attached).
If you don't sharpen your own knives, Benchmade will put a new factory edge on yours as long as you own it.
When it arrived I had to take a few minutes to figure out how I would carry it around because it's a little too large for the front pocket of shorts or pants. With the clip though, it fits perfectly in my back pocket; I don't even know it's there. The clip is very sturdy too, so I don't worry about it falling out.
If I was only going to have one pocket knife, it would be this one.
Most recent customer reviews
1. It's sharp as sh*t.
2. Made in USA
Buy this knife!
The perfect every-day-knife! No problems, received it sharp and it has stayed sharp!!Read more